Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

How do you sleep and/or contain yourselves???

We leave for FL in 8 days!!!! After a day at wdw, we will embark on our first ever disney cruise!!! I am beyond excited and a bit obsessive! I keep checking weather.com (as if they are completely accurate 10 days out ) -- right now my main concern is our flights getting down there safely. I have been making lists, starting to pack, and scouring the disboards for all sorts of tidbits of infomation. I'm so excited that I can't sleep, which is going to make me a mess in a weeks time if I don't settle down. Am I completely crazy? What do you do as your trip gets close???
Old 12-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Try a hot bubble bath and a glass of wine right before bed. NO caffeine!!!!

If that doesn't work, I try to take a nap during the day. The main thing is to get enough rest. Also, I make sure to take a good multi-vitamin every day for a couple of weeks before the cruise. With not sleeping well, my immune system gets weak, so I want that boosted, so I don't get sick.

Also, find someone to share the excitement with. Our fellow DISers are excellent in this category. My friends and family are not so good. When I am super excited about something, I need to share, then I can relax.

Good luck.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlovin'family View Post
We leave for FL in 8 days!!!! After a day at wdw, we will embark on our first ever disney cruise!!! I am beyond excited and a bit obsessive! I keep checking weather.com (as if they are completely accurate 10 days out ) -- right now my main concern is our flights getting down there safely. I have been making lists, starting to pack, and scouring the disboards for all sorts of tidbits of infomation. I'm so excited that I can't sleep, which is going to make me a mess in a weeks time if I don't settle down. Am I completely crazy? What do you do as your trip gets close???
I take an extra dose of Xanax.
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

I so can relate.Last year was our 1st cruise and my DS told me I was way too obsessed with the computer!It is fun and so much info.I didin't get hardly any sleep before we left and the whole trip was first one up and last one asleep.Its good your getting everything ready,so much excitement and stress do not go well.One thing you must let go of is the whole flight thing(yes thats hard)but seriously thats out of our hands.We leave in less than a month and I am trying sooo hard not to check for a weather forcast that far away.I'm just hoping no snow storm,hope are flights not cancelled or delayed,hope everyone stays healthy.......if your crazy so am IHave fun and take care
familyfundisneyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
PirateTigger
Earning My Ears

Understand perfectly last year I felt like the little kid on the Disney commercial that was too excited to sleep.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
WDW Enabler
Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

too excited to sleep too

This will be our 4th cruise and I am still excited and DH thinks I'm obsessed. With the dis and planning. I am trying to scale it back. We leave on the Fantasy on the 5th.

Proud father of 1 Disney FANATIC, and husband to an even bigger Disney FANATIC.
Proud Disney "Verteran of the day" three times, and owner of the flag flown over the Magic Kingdom on March 27th 2008.

Founding father of the "Hardhat Brigade", a growing group of enternal fun loving Disney fanatics who ...... wait the surprise is coming....... Wear lime-green hardhats with Mickey ears....

Applications now being accepted. Apply within
WDW Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Usually by that point the cruise dreams [nightmares] have started. I don't worry about them anymore because I know they are part of the process.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

This will be our 4th and 5th cruise and our second b2b!!! I was the same way on our first and second and now our third. I was the only one obsessed the first time but now DH shares in my craziness

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
lodge
DIS Veteran

I can NEVER contain myself, and it can be months/years out! Disney commercials come on (like during the Christmas parade recently telecast from WDW and Disneyland) and I was a nutcase! I swear, I NEVER, EVER thought I'd be "Disney material" but they HOOKED ME!!

oh, yeah, the kids too! HA!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #10
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
I take an extra dose of Xanax.

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: