Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
dato63
DIS Veteran

New to ABD - and have questions

We have never done an ABD trip - but I want to book one when the 2014 itineraries come out. Looking at what was offered for 2013 I'm torn between two (if they are both offered in 2014).

From what I have read here ABD does change their adventures - dropping some, adding others based on popularity, safety, etc. The two I'm interested in/torn between are Germany and Scotland.

It looks like Scotland was new for 2013, and popular. Is Germany considered new & popular too? I'd like to do both - one in 2014 and one in 2015, and just wonder about the odds of one of them being discontinued by 2015. I know no one would know for sure. . .just curious if anyone with ABD history would have an opinion to share.

Thank you in advance with any insight/help you can share.

Deb
Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
We have never done an ABD trip - but I want to book one when the 2014 itineraries come out. Looking at what was offered for 2013 I'm torn between two (if they are both offered in 2014).

From what I have read here ABD does change their adventures - dropping some, adding others based on popularity, safety, etc. The two I'm interested in/torn between are Germany and Scotland.

It looks like Scotland was new for 2013, and popular. Is Germany considered new & popular too? I'd like to do both - one in 2014 and one in 2015, and just wonder about the odds of one of them being discontinued by 2015. I know no one would know for sure. . .just curious if anyone with ABD history would have an opinion to share.

Thank you in advance with any insight/help you can share.

Deb
I'm definitely not an authority but I think you're safe on both of those adventures being around for a while. Like you said, Scotland is new and popular. From what I've heard, Germany is one of the most popular trips. I don't think you need to worry about it going away anytime soon.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I agree with what Christy said.

Germany has been around for years, and is definitely one of ABD's popular itineraries. I think you're pretty safe on that one.

And as for Scotland, it's the first time that I saw a new trip sell out so quickly that they added additional departures within a month or two of introducing it. So I think there's an excellent chance of it being around for a while. Now, since 2013 is the first year for the itinerary, there *is* a very good chance that the itinerary may be tweaked a bit after they see how the trips run with actual customers rather than the folks they take on the practice runs. So it may not be exactly the same, but I'm pretty sure it *will* exist.

Welcome to the ABD Board! I'm a bit prejudiced, but I think you're going to love ABD, whichever trip you choose. Folks here are really friendly and happy to help, so feel free to ask any questions you have!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
dato63
DIS Veteran

Thank you both for your insight, it truly helps.

I'm thinking Scotland for 2014 (as my DDs are all about Merida right now) and Germany 2015.

Now. . just to wait until 2014 comes out.

Thank you again!!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
dato63
DIS Veteran

Never mind. I was asking how often trips get cancelled (after reading about the 5/26th Scotland one being cancelled) but then I kept searching through here and found a thread on the topic from last May. That was helpful.

Last edited by dato63; 01-17-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: found the information
dato63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: