Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #16
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamm2 View Post
I went to the website you gave us the link to and they had something called " fish extenders". Do you know what they are and what they are used for?
Outside each stateroom, is a "fish" type clip for the crew to pass info to you. People (DISers) have been making pocket type things to hang from the "fish", thus the term "fish extender". The people get together online and form a group and have a fish extender (FE for short) exchange....kind of like a Secret Santa.

If you go to the Cruise Meets part of this board, and find your particular cruise, there should be something about the FE exchange that group is participating in. You sign up there if you want to participate, and you give small gifts to everyone in the FE group, and they give you small gifts. Nothing major, but a lot of fun.

There is more info in the *sticky* FAQs at the top of the first page of this board.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #17
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

Our favorite souvenirs are the photos we take on our cruise. We do alot of photos with characters but rarely buy the photos from Shutters, the onboard photographers. The photo prices for Shutters are expensive so we make sure to have our camera for the CM with the character to use. Our house is filled with photos I have printed when we get home, including a DCL themed powder room. We will look at the photos in Shutters and compare them to what is on our cameras and most of the time the photos on our camera are just as good.

Take a camera to capture those magical moments.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. I was actually looking to get the cruise line items, which are not sold in the stores. Other cruisers are selling on Ebay, but they are higher then anything I could afford. Was just curious about asking....never hurts to ask right!
I got some plush Minnie, Mickey, Goofey and Donald dolls all with their sailor outfits on, I think the plush dolls are about 7-8 inches tall off of eBay for 25$, they all came sewn into a ship, but I tossed the ship. Check eBay, beware, i spent the better half of the year removing the smell with baking soda from them, check the seller to see if it a non smoking house.

Also, I bought DCL t shirts from the online Disney store when they had a promotion of 25% off Parks merchandise, so look for those type of specials.

Disney World: 1978, 1995, 2010 PORS, 2011 POFQ, 2012 CBR, 2014 PORS

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Dream, May 2013, Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015.
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
loran424
Earning My Ears

The Disney store is having a great sale right now. In store as well as online. T-shirts, plush items& vinylmation sets are some of the good deals I saw this morning.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #20
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

I would not buy stuff before hand. Your kids are going to want to get something on the ship. Buy them something on board.

ETA; My kids are past the buying on the ship. We buy a christmas ornament and take lots of pictures.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I am not sure if I should even ask or post this....here goes:
My family and I are taking our first cruise in one month, and I am on a TIGHT budget. As I scour thru online auctions and the Disney Store website, I have to wonder if there are any people that either want to sell their unused cruise bags, or have leftover note cards and envelopes, or pens or anything like that? I have seen a $5 item on Disney website go for three times as much on an online auction! My goal is to get some things for my kids now, so that I can avoid them wanting so much from the gift shops. Also, I have some special people that I want to get gifts for. Anything would be appreciated.
I came home with extra DCL shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, as well as a bunch of tea packets.
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!

I would love to be able to buy some pictures from Shudders but I think I can only get one for now, formal night for sure. I have no camera of my own but am planning on borrowing one.

I am signed up for the FE on my cruise, and the kids are looking forward to that!

Last week I purchased a photo mat from the local dollar store, thankfully!

Unfortunately, my printer just went kaput....right when I figured out how to do some of the artwork

I did purchase a few small items from the Disney Store that I thought perhaps I might have signed....hopefully.

The deck of cards sounds great!! Thanks so much!! I will PM you!

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: