Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #16
AuroraRora
Princess

I too find this impossible to believe. A gang of people just walked onto Aulani property and attacked a couple, beating one of them unconcious, and no guests/CMs/security came to help? And it somehow stayed out of the press and entirely off the internet? Alrighty then

I wouldn't be surprised if the review-poster actually did go to Aulani, had some kind of bad experience that was likely their own fault, and wanted to lash out at Disney.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
went to find it and it seems like it is gone.

when one review is this bad - would definitely look at the other reviews from this person.
I posted a link on the duplicate DVC resorts thread:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...hu_Hawaii.html

This is the only review by this person and his profile is blank. I noticed there is a "pending review" tag on it.
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #18
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmlivin View Post
I know you have to take all reviews with a grain but I have found TRIPADVISOR to be among the better sites for resort evaluations.
I cut and pasted it but you can see it in its original at TRIPADVISOR:

“Dangerous resort”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 NEW
My daughter and husband, along with their 31/2 year old son visited the Aulani in early December.
The day before they were to come home they were lounging by the pool with their son at 4:00 in the afternoon.. Unprovoked, 5 local Hawaiians, 2 males and 3 females attacked them at poolside.. My daughter experienced multiple lacerations,sprains,bruises and chipped teeth, her husband beatin unconscious all while their son was screaming.. Arrests were made and an apology came from the staff.. Needless to say none of us will return..

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Trip adviser has a reputation for anty anything disney reviews.So your right take a grain of salt.

As for this very strange, off the wall and no support link post, (like a newspaper or police report), this is likely a *troll*.

If this had really happened the News nationwide would have been all over it!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
when I was in Hawaii (not at Aulani) it was noted that Hawaii doesn't have private beaches. The beaches are entirely open to the public. But it was stated that this attack did not take place on the beach, but poolside at the resort in the middle of the afternoon. I'm sure it's open to allow access for guests to the beach, and they can't restrict the beach.

Sure it could have happened. I'd be interested in seeing the police report though. Attacking a family sitting around a resort pool for no reason (no robbery was alleged as far as the post goes) doesn't make a great deal of sense. Sounds almost like a gang thing...would also want to know if Oahu has gangs.
My dh used to surf there 20 years ago. He said it was a really bad area full of gangs and homeless people. This was before all the resorts. It's been cleaned up a lot. I have had a hard time convincing him Aulani it's a safe place to visit. I hope the story is not true. Oahu is full of gangs, prostitutes, and crime. It's no different than anywhere else. It just looks like paradise.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #20
erinsmom03
Mouseketeer

I also like to check Tripadvisor when planning a trip...I found an awesome family resort in Oregon that way a couple years ago. However, I quickly learned that I had to disregard or not take as seriously any reviews that were over the top praise or critical...especially if they were that much different from other reviews...

WDW offsite 1978 RCCL 1996 RCCL 1997 WDW offsite 1998 RCCL 1999
Poly 2008 Poly 2009 FQ/BC 2011 Poly/Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013
Cabana Bay/Universal/Magic Bahamas 2014

erinsmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
Carriemel
Emma Clare's Mommy

Yeah, I'm the one who reported the post on TripAdvisor...that's why it's "pending review"...

I looked at all the crime reports for the area, and there is absolutely squat for Aulani.

Hakuna Matata!
Carriemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #22
Sammie
DIS Veteran

If you go directly to the site, not using the link, the review is gone.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: