Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
momtofour
Mouseketeer

Anyone ever add a fifth passenger??

Please help if possible! My family is staying in cabin 7600 on the Disney Fantasy which accomodates 5 people. Presently we have four in the cabin. I would like to add a 5th person. I am not allowed to as the lifeboats are full. Final payment is approaching and I am really hoping to be able to add someone if cancellations occur. Has anyone had such luck? Also, is it true that the 5th passenger will be priced at the prevailing rate? I booked one of those "glitch" cruises and was hoping that pricing would be at the same rate as when I booked. Thanks in advance for any advice.
momtofour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

When adding a passenger, the fare will be at the current rate (rate when added) - though it is as the 5th passenger in the room which is less than the first two passengers in a stateroom. Most of the special pricing rates (not sure if you mean an *GT or KSF or what "glitch") have some restrictions regarding when those rates apply - if it is still within the booking window for the special rate, you may be able to get that rate applied to your additional passenger. Also check your paperwork, as the *GT rates in particular have a lot of restrictions and may not even allow another passenger to be added - I'm not sure. Good luck awaiting a cancellation that would open a spot in your muster station so you can add the 5th passenger.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtofour View Post
Please help if possible! My family is staying in cabin 7600 on the Disney Fantasy which accomodates 5 people. Presently we have four in the cabin. I would like to add a 5th person. I am not allowed to as the lifeboats are full. Final payment is approaching and I am really hoping to be able to add someone if cancellations occur. Has anyone had such luck? Also, is it true that the 5th passenger will be priced at the prevailing rate? I booked one of those "glitch" cruises and was hoping that pricing would be at the same rate as when I booked. Thanks in advance for any advice.
I'd keep checking, but not hold out hope. AFAIK, yes, the 5th guest pays the prevailing rate.

Have you checked into getting a different room?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
momtofour
Mouseketeer

My rate is only $3800 for 4 in a family sized cabin balcony view for 3-23-12. When these rates were released the first day they were wrong. Way too cheap but Disney realized it and raised the price by thousands. I was one of the lucky ones! My 3rd and 4th passengers are only $850 each! Anyway, to put my daughter in her own cabin with one of her brothers is $3900. Total cruise price would be about $6800! Way too much. Guess it will just be the four of us! Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

If the lifeboat for your room/section is full you will not be able to add the person.
Is your room one of the few that allow five people in the room?
If the room can only sleep four then you will not be able to add the person.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
anniemck
DIS Veteran

In my past life, I was a travel agent (not advertising because I am not any longer)... anyway... I would not hold out hope on being able to add a 5th to your cabin. You might want to see about upgrading or downgrading to a different category that will be able to handle 5.
This has happened many times in the past where a guest sets for 2 and decides to add to make 3 or 4, or like you has 4 and wants to add another. I am sorry that your daughter may not be able to go, I always advised clients to book for as many as the room will hold, and cancel at final payment if there is someone that can not come.
It happens a lot as the lifeboats can only hold a certain amount of passengers (150 on most) and since there is a set number of rooms assigned to the particular lifeboats, they are able to keep track of that number so they do not go over. Coast Guard sets the number, not Disney.
So sorry this has happened to you. Hopefully daughter isn't too upset. How old is the daughter being left behind?

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
momtofour
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice thus far! From what I can gather, adding her would be at least $1700. For a total of now $5500 I can go to another cruise line and get two rooms! We have always cruised on Disney so I am not sure I want to do that. She is 24, lives in Cincinnati and is on her own. It just would be fun to have her along!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Yes, an add on person will add at the rates on the day you add. We looked at adding a friend on our spring break cruise. Rates had increased so much that adding number 3 would be as much as we were paying for 1 + 2. Not happening.

Unless they can move you to a different cabin (different muster station), I wouldn't hold out much hope.....
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #9
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is an idea why don't you call DCL and ask them? afterall they are the only one who would be able to tell you if there is room at your muster station and the rate you would have to pay.

Not sure what a "glitch" cruise is
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtofour
My rate is only $3800 for 4 in a family sized cabin balcony view for 3-23-12. When these rates were released the first day they were wrong. Way too cheap but Disney realized it and raised the price by thousands. I was one of the lucky ones! My 3rd and 4th passengers are only $850 each! Anyway, to put my daughter in her own cabin with one of her brothers is $3900. Total cruise price would be about $6800! Way too much. Guess it will just be the four of us! Thanks for the help!!
I remember this! We considered booking this date on opening day because of the low price but stuck with the March 2nd cruise. But it sure was tempting with those low prices. We ended up paying only $4000 for a 5C for 2A2K with an OBB so we didn't do too bad. But there were LOTS of people who snatched up that great deal before Disney fixed it. But to answer your question, you can't move to another room that will hold 5 and the lifeboat station isn't filled? On a previous cruise I was allowed to change my room even after the paid in full date, just couldn't change the cruise date without penalty.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

December 2010 - MVMCP
October 2011 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MNSSHP
September 2012 - Disney Magic Canada
March 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western
December 2014 - Disney Wonder Western and Disney
November 2015 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MVMCP
Mandersons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
Here is an idea why don't you call DCL and ask them? afterall they are the only one who would be able to tell you if there is room at your muster station and the rate you would have to pay.

Not sure what a "glitch" cruise is
OP apparently did ask DCL since they said they weren't allowed to add the 5th person to their room because of lifeboat capacity.

OP also said when they booked, they managed to do so during the time that DCL had incorrect prices posted for that cruise. Hence the "glitch".

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

What I have seen happen in the past on cruises is that within the meet group another family who could fit an extra person in their room for booking purposes only did so and the fifth person slept in the room with their own family. This was with DISers who had cruised with each other before. You have to go to your assigned muster station for the drill, but since you know that there is a fifth bed in that room it won't be a problem to have all five of you sleep in the room.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #13
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Just contacted my TA to see if our room holds 5 since that is what is on the room report here. It only holds 4, which we have. She also said that all of the spaces for 5 are gone on this cruise. You will have to find someone with 3 people who have room for 4 in their stateroom, or a couple willing to book. Check out the meet thread and post there for a better chance of it being seen by someone on the cruise.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: