Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

Renting a car from Alamo on wdw property

For our upcoming trip, we are taking the ME to wdw for the first two days of our trip. After that, we are going on a cruise and then will be in FL for three days before we return home. After pricing out rentals, it is *considerably* cheaper to rent from Alamo at the Dolphin hotel and then return it a week later to MCO. We are getting a fullsize car rental for $200 for the week and that includes taxes!!

A couple of questions about this. We are staying at Pop Century. Will Alamo come pick us up and bring us to the Dolphin to get our rental? Otherwise, I am guessing we will have to take a cab -- how much would the cab ride be? What is the inventory at the Dolphin hotel like? As I mentioned, we are renting a full-size care -- Impala or similar it says -- so, we're not going to have to worry about not getting the right size, correct? I'm worried about getting stuck in something smaller and we have 5 people with 5+ suitcases to get to Port Canaveral. Thank in advance for your help!!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Alamo at the Dolphin does not do hotel pickup. What time do you need to get to the Dolphin for your car? If its during normal park hours you can just take a bus to DHS and walk/boat to the Dolphin.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I rent from the Dolphin when needing a car at WDW. A cab will run you around $10 from Pop to the Dolphin..give or take. Or, you can rent the car on a day that you are at Epcot. I like to head over to the Dolphin counter later in the afternoon, do the paperwork and get my keys. THen, I head back to Epcot for the day and then return to the Dolphin to get the car. Just hand the keys to the valet people out front. THey will go get the car and bring it around for you.
Easy.
Unlike other rental areas, you don't get to look around a lot and make your choice. You are assigned a car at the counter. If that doesn't meet your satisfaction, ask what else is available. I have never been asked to downsize my car choice, but have been asked to take a larger car, for no addtl money.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: