Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
MICKFan
MICKFan

Flight Question

I know this is probably not the right place for this question and may be moved.....
I have a trip planned for Jan. 13 - Jan 19. No park day on the 19th.
My flights were booked using miles. I was able to get the flight going in to MCO; return flight back to Houston I was only able to pick from two. One in the early morning of the 19th and a 6:30 p.m. one. I chose the 6:30.
Has anyone had any luck moving a flight up that has been pruchased with miles? I would like to get back a little earlier, but not a big deal if not able to. TIA
MICKFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

If you used miles, my guess is you booked directly through the airlines? If that's the case, best bet would be to call the airline and see what they can do.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
If you used miles, my guess is you booked directly through the airlines? If that's the case, best bet would be to call the airline and see what they can do.
Agreed. Often times frequent flyer tickets are more flexible than revenue tickets. You may incur a fee to redeposit the miles back into your account, but other than that, so long as there is frequent flyer mile seat inventory available, there should not be a problem moving flights.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
LarryFmScotland
Mouseketeer

If you have a high status level eg Exec Platinum on AA or equiv. Then they will probably just do it for the good will. If not they may anyway, you can but ask. There may be a change fee. Be nice and try your luck.

Cheers Larry.
LarryFmScotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

I'll move this over to the Transportation board.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKFan View Post
I know this is probably not the right place for this question and may be moved.....
I have a trip planned for Jan. 13 - Jan 19. No park day on the 19th.
My flights were booked using miles. I was able to get the flight going in to MCO; return flight back to Houston I was only able to pick from two. One in the early morning of the 19th and a 6:30 p.m. one. I chose the 6:30.
Has anyone had any luck moving a flight up that has been pruchased with miles? I would like to get back a little earlier, but not a big deal if not able to. TIA
Which airline? I changed a flight on Delta with miles to the next day and had to pay $150.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Different airlines have somewhat different rules.

On American Airlines and United Airlines, the basic change rules are similar. The date and/or time for frequent flyer award flights can be changed at no charge, as long as the origin and destination airports do not change AND as long as it's more than 21 or more days before departure AND as long as there is frequent flyer inventory available for the flight. It's the third part that makes it hard to change frequent flyer flights that were booked under the "Saver" award category. Frequent flyer inventory often gets used up far in advance. Just because a flight has seats available, even at heavily discounted fares, does not mean that any frequent flyer inventory is available.

For details and fees for various variations, see the following pages:

American: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...servations.jsp

United: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ticketing.aspx

Good luck!

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 12-26-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Horace Horsecollar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
United also lets you change the date and/or time at no charge
Oh wow, really? Horace, do you know how many times I've read that chart and completely MISunderstood that bit about 21 days? I thought you had to move the flight's time or date to a date 21 days from the original flight. Not that you had to be 21+ days away from your flight in order to change the date/time!

Oh wait, but of course if the flight you want is more miles, you have to pay those. (ETA I must have been writing that as you were updating your reply with that caveat!)

Still, so good to know. OP, I hope your question was answered! I really appreciate you asking it since it gave at least one other person info.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
MICKFan
MICKFan

Thanks everyone.....Yes question answered. The airline is United. I realize that there only so many seats that can be purchased using miles.....And I wanted that early morning flight out of here (Houston) 7:40 a.m. I was able to book it.
On the flight back, I was only given two options; that VERRY early flight and 6:30 p.m. I chose 6:30 because who wants to get up that early to go home?? Right??
I'll probably give United a call tomorrow and see what my options are....

Thanks again!!
MICKFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKFan View Post
Thanks everyone.....Yes question answered. The airline is United. I realize that there only so many seats that can be purchased using miles.....And I wanted that early morning flight out of here (Houston) 7:40 a.m. I was able to book it.
On the flight back, I was only given two options; that VERRY early flight and 6:30 p.m. I chose 6:30 because who wants to get up that early to go home?? Right??
I'll probably give United a call tomorrow and see what my options are....

Thanks again!!
You can check for availability online before calling. Right now, it looks like there are saver seats in economy of 1/19 on the the 8:45 and 3:11 flights. Not sure how many seat you need and of course, inventory can change t any time. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: