DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
oktracy
Mouseketeer

Aulani Subsidized Dues Resale Purchase

Just curious, has anyone out there successfully purchased an Aulani resale contract with subsidized dues? Is DVC excercising ROFR on these contacts? I do see subsidized dues contracts listed for sale by the major resellers. I guess I was just wondering what my chances are if I decided to make a bid. I am still on the hunt for that ideal contract.....
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
htmlkid
Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member

I would seriously doubt that Disney would allow the subsidy to be carry forward in a resale. Also remember too that even on a contract with regular MF's there is a developer subsidy and another subsidy adding up to over$2 a point that will eventually expire.

htmlkid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

The subsidy does follow transfers-of-ownership but Disney is typically very aggressive in ROFR on subsidized contracts. At least that's the case with Vero and they have even more reason to ROFR Aulani.

With the subsidy approaching $2 per point, over the next 50 years it will cost DVD $80 or so per point. It only makes sense for them to spend a little more to buy back the subsidized contracts to avoid the much bigger liability down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlkid View Post
Also remember too that even on a contract with regular MF's there is a developer subsidy and another subsidy adding up to over$2 a point that will eventually expire.
The builder's subsidy is designed to cover the excess operating costs of common area amenities which are not yet being supported by a full slate of owners.

Take something like the main pool. Operations of the pool must be fully funded from Day One even though only a fraction of the points have been sold. As more points are sold--and more owners share the cost of these amenities--the subsidy dwindles organically with no adverse impact on dues.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
oktracy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of the great info!!! Just not sure what to do. I am considering purchasing a 160 to 180 point contract but don't know whether or not I should purchase resale or direct. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance.
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: