Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Wendy Darling CA
Earning My Ears

Cost of Photo CD with Dolphin Swim

I have read there is a CD/video you can purchase from the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim. Does anyone know what this includes and what the cost is. I am afraid it will be one of those things I will HAVE to buy no matter what the outrageous cost will be

Me, DH, DS (7)
Wendy Darling CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

When we went in 2011, it was $120. BEFORE you get in the water, you have to decide if you want the photo package. If you don’t commit to buy the $120 album full of 8x10s and 5x7s, they’ll only take 2 photos of you…a family shot with the dolphin and an individual shot of you being kissed on the cheek. With the photo package, they take those photos as well as a picture of each person in your family dancing with, feeding, hugging, and kissing the dolphin. They also take a few extra family shots. They took a good one of the dolphin splashing DH. I’m a scrapbooker, so obviously I got the photo package. That also comes with a photo CD (20 photos for my family of 3) and 2 keychains. It seemed to me that my family and the other family who purchased that photo package got a little more time with the dolphins than the 2 families who didn't purchase the photos. The photographer kept us with the dolphins longer and had us do things more than once to get a good shot.

You can also add on a video which you can decide on AFTER the swim. They let you preview that. I don't remember how much that was. Maybe about $30? We wound up getting that, too, because they hadn't taken any photos of the footpush. We wanted that captured on film somehow.

Bottom line...a little expensive...But if you're doing this as a once in a lifetime thing, I think it's a pretty good value. Definitely glad I spent the money!
scrapbookjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Wow! I did the Dolphin Swim at Dolphinarus in Cozumel, and the photos of me all turned out horrible (saved me a lot of money, as there was no way I was buying any of them). My face was either all screwed up from the glare, or there was water splashing in front of my face. If I'd have had to pre-pay for those photos, I'd have been *seriously* angry! There's no way I'd pay that much money for something like that before seeing the pictures!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

Sayhello - I thought the same thing before the swim...I even said to DH, "What kind of sucker pays that much for a photo album without seeing the pictures?" Then I found out that they don't even really bother taking your photo without committing to the package, and so I became one of the suckers. I was very happy with almost all the photos, though. (Well, I didn't look as skinny as I wanted. But that wasn't the photographers fault!) I posted one picture of my DD in my trip report. The rest were very similar in quality. Out of 20 pictures, there was only one I didn't like and pulled out of the album.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2691745
scrapbookjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
CanadianMomma
Earning My Ears

We bought in 2011 and it was just around $120, we didn't have to commit to buying it before though. The pictures were okay... the ones of my son were better than the ones of myself. The video was great though!

DISNEY DREAM FEBRUARY 13th-17th, 2011
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: