Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #31
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I am jumping n board! Subscribe! I love surprise trips! In July I did a surprise trip with my charge Victoria for her 5th birthday! I wish her reaction had been as great as your daughters when I taped it!

Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! I had watched so many surprise videos and I hoped ours wasn't anticlimactic! LOL

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #32
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Oh good!! I wish I would have gotten it on video, though!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #33
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMariaGirl View Post
I felt the same way Christa did about the hotel. It wasn't the best place I've ever stayed but, it wasn't the worse either. It does need some repainting, updating, etc. The breakfast area and pool areas were very clean though. The bartender was very entertaining. Am I allowed to say that on a Disney thread? hahaha Let's face it, we were doing Disney on a budget and it was a good deal for us! DH did say when Carter turns 5 and we go back, he wants us all to stay on Disney property! I'm just happy he said that we were going back since he isnt an amusement park or crowd fan!
Maybe if it's 3 against 1, O will agree to a Disney resort!!! We could rent DVC points and stay in a really nice DVC room!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #34
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxlover View Post
Love your report and your surprise to your daughter!! We live in Lexington, NC, so I understand about your drive!!

Can't wait to read more!!
Thanks for reading!!! You're not far from us at all! I just bought my car from a dealership in Lexington (can't think of the name...right off of Hwy 8, I think.) Anyway, we ate at a bbq place right there and it was so good!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #35
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
Thank you! I had watched so many surprise videos and I hoped ours wasn't anticlimactic! LOL
Ha ha, Mine kind of just giggled and that was it. I was totally disappointed. But in retrospect that is totally her. She doesn't make a big deal or get hugely excited over things.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #36
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ha ha, Mine kind of just giggled and that was it. I was totally disappointed. But in retrospect that is totally her. She doesn't make a big deal or get hugely excited over things.
I assume that's her in your avatar. She's too cute!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 12-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #37
AnnaMariaGirl
AnnaMariaGirl

Hopefully, I'll be able to post photos after this #10 post!
AnnaMariaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #38
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

The Boardwalk!

It took us a few minutes to find the Boardwalk. I dont know if we kept missing the signs or our GPS was wrong, but I think we turned around about 10 times before we found the right parking lot!! In the midst of being lost, my parents thought they lost us because I had to make an emergency stop for gas!

We took some time to check out the beautiful Christmas decorations at The Boardwalk Resort.

I walked over to ask Concierge how to get down to the boardwalk area. They were getting ready to go home and clearly did not want to answer my question. They did, anyway, and I brushed it off!

Where are we going?!

[IMG]http:http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2cc05b3127ccef1a4695c3dfe00000010O00AaMmTVu3ZMW gPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400///[/IMG]

Somebody had Mickey waving from their balcony door!

UP NEXT: So, where were we headed for dinner?

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 01-06-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #39
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Big River Grille

I didnt want to make any ADRs for our arrival day just in case something went wrong and it took one of us longer to get into Orlando. So, I picked Big River Grille! I had heard mixed reviews, but I thought it would be a relaxing dinner for our first night. We were seated within probably 5-10 minutes.

Carter was entertaining himself.

Olivia picked mac & cheese, carrot sticks, and mashed potatoes

And chocolate cake for dessert.

My mom started off with a house salad with ranch dressing. She said it was very good!

She had the salmon for her entree. "Atlantic Salmon - Fillet flame-grilled and topped with dill butter. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and veggie of the day." Her veggie of the day was green beans, obviously!

I had the meatloaf! It also came with mashed potatoes and green beans. "Flame-Grilled Meat Loaf - Made with ground beef and Italian pork sausage. Topped with a rich, brown gravy and served over garlic mashed potatoes with veggie of the day." It was really good!! And HUGE!!! I ended up taking most of it back to the hotel and DH and I had meatloaf sandwiches a couple days later.

Hubby had the New York Strip. "New York Strip - USDA Choice New York Strip Steak, served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Vegetables."

DH and I both chose this beer. It was delish!!!

My dad had the NY Strip, too.

Carter is still entertaining himself! LOL And by entertaining himself, I mean stressing me out by making a MESS of the place!! (I did clean it up! lol)

And then he looks at me with a sweet face like this

I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant! Everything was really good. The portions were HUGE! I should have split a meal with DD, but oh well! DH and I ended up eating my leftovers later in the week. DS started opening up and was going stir crazy! (This would be a recurring theme throughout the week!!) I was so ready to get out of there and get some fresh air after a few minutes of that!

UP NEXT: A stroll on The Boardwalk.

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 01-06-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #40
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

A Stroll Along The Boardwalk

[IMG]htthttp://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2cc01b3127ccef1bd10f03f6c00000030O00AaMmTVu3ZMW gPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/p://[/IMG]

Strolling along the boardwalk, we came across a magician. I dont know if he was supposed to be a bad one, or if he was just realllllly bad. LOL He was trying to make a ball of paper disappear and just threw it behind him. DD was like Ummmmm its right there! LOL

DD watching the magician...not impressed! lol

My parents went into Boardwalk Bakery. Here are a couple pics my mom snapped!

Up Next: Our stroll continues!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 01-06-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #41
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Our Stroll Continues

We had to keep truckin, though, because we had one thing on our minds!! BEACHES AND CREAM!! On our way to The Beach Club Resort, we saw some IllumiNations fireworks.

The Beach Club is so beautiful!! And you all are right--it smells great in there!!

Do you see the Hidden Mickey?

UP NEXT: Will we ever find Beaches and Cream?

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 01-06-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #42
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Beaches & Cream

We meandered our way through, passing Cape May, and back outside to find Beaches and Cream.

Watching Mickey Mouse cartoons!

Finally!

My dad and I got in line to place our orders. I am surprised by how small Disney restaurants are. It was very awkward to order take out, too. There were two lines right inside the door. One to order your food, then you had to push back through the lines to stand in the 2nd line of people waiting for their takeout orders.

While waiting, we joined in a round of “Happy Birthday” to someone dining in the restaurant. Once back outside, we devoured our ice cream!! My parents split a vanilla sundae and we split a Butter Pecan milkshake. YUM!!! It was really difficult to make our way back to the parking lot after a full meal and dessert! LOL We must have been delirious, because there aren't any pictures!

We made our way back around and back to our cars.

Up Next: I’m going to cry!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 01-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #43
nannye
DIS Veteran

Awesome the Christmas decorations are so pretty!
That does look odd about beaches and cream but I am also not surprised. Disney does have some odd lie policies.

Love your ds! What a cutie!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 01-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #44
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome the Christmas decorations are so pretty!
That does look odd about beaches and cream but I am also not surprised. Disney does have some odd lie policies.

Love your ds! What a cutie!
hahaha Thanks! He keeps me on my toes, for sure!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #45
nannye
DIS Veteran

Ha ha when my posts don't make any sense it means I am on the ipad! I hate typing on the ipad. That was supposed to say the line is odd at Beaches and cream

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: