Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Awww!! I just watched the reveal video and Olivia is just too adorable!! I got a little teary as she found out. Love that she asked to bring the balloons, too. That was so sweet! I'm in!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Awww!! I just watched the reveal video and Olivia is just too adorable!! I got a little teary as she found out. Love that she asked to bring the balloons, too. That was so sweet! I'm in!
Thank you so much!!!! She played with the balloons in our hotel all week long! LOL Thanks for joining in!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #18
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

We’re in Orlando, I need a Disney fix!!!

We still couldn’t check into our hotel, so we decided to check out what we could of Disney! Our hotel area was only about a 15 minute drive to WDW. I was absolutely giddy to see…..

OMG OMG OMG WE WERE FINALLY IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first sign we saw was to the Art of Animation Resort. I had been so excited to see Disney’s newest resort!! DD picked the Nemo section first! By this time, it was getting HOT outside! I remember changing Olivia into shorts and a tank top in the parking lot because she was still in pjs from the drive! LOL Then we headed into AoA!

We caught a glimpse of the Cars area as we headed to see Nemo!

The attention to detail is amazing!

I could barely get Olivia to stop for pictures! She was skipping with joy all over the place!!!

Carter just wanted put down! He likes to be freeeeeee!!!!!

AWESOME playground! I walked around taking more pictures while DH watched Carter crawl around a little bit!

UP NEXT: Vroom! Vroom!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!

Last edited by clynngibson; 12-29-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #19
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

We continued on over to the Cars section.

Looking back, I saw the CUTEST thing!!! MINE MINE MINE

A Cast Member was standing by the police car. I wondered what he was doing there, just lingering, then I realized he was trying to dry the dew off of the car! LOL Poor guy had to keep stopping because people kept coming up to get pictures with the car.

What's in there??

This is just the cutest building ever! lol

I think she was getting tired of stopping to take pictures!

America's Next Top Model here! lol

Which side is my good side, mommy?

There she goes skipping again!

UP NEXT: Can I get a hotel room, please?!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 12-29-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Can I get a hotel room, please?!

AoA was amazing! We decided to leave after seeing the Cars and Nemo sections because we didnt have a stroller yet and it was HOT carrying DS around. We took a shortcut through the building, noting how close together the rooms were! We decided to drive to the hotel and see if our room was ready. I knew that at 10 am, that was a very long shot! lol But, we were hot, tired, and needed a shower! The guy working the front desk confirmed we were going to be placed close to my parents room (Yay!) but that our rooms wouldnt be ready til around 2 pm (Boo!!). So, what to do now? My parents were still about an hour outside of Orlando and we needed a nap! At this point, we had been up for about 27 hours! We found a shady spot in the parking lot, gave DD a coloring book, and took a nap right in the car! DS had fallen back asleep and I thought for sure he would wake up as soon as I closed my eyes, but he didnt! We got a good 1 ½ hour nap before my mom called saying they were getting close! Now remember, DD doesnt know they are coming yet!

We decided to meet at McDonalds for some lunch. We got there first, ordered our food, and started eating. So apparently, there are about a million McDonalds on International Drive LOL And my lucky parents got to see several of them before finding the right one! LOL Mom called and asked to speak to Olivia, so I put her on speaker phone. While they were talking, my parents snuck into the restaurant.

Mom-Are you having fun?
Olivia-Yes.
Mom-Turn around. (Guy next to her turns and looks. lol)
Olivia-Huh?
Mom-Turn around! (Guy next to her turns and looks again!)
Olivia-Huh?
Mom-TURN AROUND AND LOOK!!

Olivia finally realized she was supposed to physically turn around and look! She yelled Grandma!!! and ran to hug her! It was awesome and she was so excited! If I hadnt been so tired and gross feeling, I would have this on video, too. My mom mustve been out of sorts, too, because there arent any pictures from lunch!!

After we ate, it was about 1pm, so we headed back to the hotel. Our rooms were almost ready and the worker said we could hang out by the pool or in the lobby and he would come get us when they were ready.

My mom let us know that if she disappeared, she would be right here in this massage chair!

Pretty fountain in the hotel lobby. The lobby was bigger than I originally thought.

We werent even outside for 5 minutes and he found us saying we had rooms! We were on the 3rd floor, across the hall from each other. We wanted adjoining rooms, but we were in a little alcove at the end of the hall, so we decided it would be okay to prop our doors open so the kids could go back and forth from our room to Grandma and Papas room.

We had our tickets and stroller both delivered to the hotel. This process was so easy! Both were ready and waiting for us at the front desk. The attendant tried to give me someone else's ticket envelope at first. I am so glad I was paying attention! It was totally the wrong name on the envelope!! Our rooms were prepaid for, but we just had to pay a service fee of $2.95/night. This took care of the park shuttle and other perks of the hotel. (We never ended up using the shuttle, though!) The hotel was about what I expected it to be. It wasnt anything extravagant, but it was clean for the most part. We did feel the need to wipe down the counters with bleach wipes, however! Once we moved everything upstairs, we unpacked and got settled in. Shortly after we got settled, housekeeping delivered our crib. This was a free add-on for our room. I almost didnt ask because I thought for sure it would be an extra charge, but I am so glad I asked because DS doesnt sleep well in a pack-and-play.

Olivia and Carter enjoyed Grandma and Papa for awhile.

My parent's room:

Their lovely view of our cars in the parking lot.

And our view of the beautiful pool area!!!! The pool was a Hidden Semi-Mickey! LMBO!

Our room:

I think I brought too many snacks and drinks! LOL

Olivia and her beloved balloons!

Apparently, my hubby had a drink at some point!

The men and children decided to take naps. What?! I was on vacation!! No napping for me! I turned on the TV and who did I see? STACY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt think Id get to see what all the hype was about since we were staying off property, but there she was!! This channel pretty much stayed on a constant loop while we were at the hotel! lol I finished unpacking and caught up on The DIS and Facebook for awhile.

Once dinner time rolled around, we cleaned ourselves up a bit and headed out!

UP NEXT: Where were we headed on our first night????

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Last edited by clynngibson; 01-06-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

Great updates keep em comming! Love the pics of Aoa!! The cars area is done so good!

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
brandihead2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

What a fun TR! I'm in!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #23
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandihead2012 View Post
Great updates keep em comming! Love the pics of Aoa!! The cars area is done so good!
Thank you! Yes, we love the Cars area!! I would love to stay here someday, but DH was so turned off by how small the rooms seem!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 12-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
What a fun TR! I'm in!
Yay!!

I'm loving the comments. Keep them coming!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Old 12-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #25
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Joining in from the Dec thread! Yay! Glad you had a great trip and looking forward to reading along. Love Olivia's balloons!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #26
nannye
DIS Veteran

I am jumping n board! Subscribe! I love surprise trips! In July I did a surprise trip with my charge Victoria for her 5th birthday! I wish her reaction had been as great as your daughters when I taped it!

Can't wait to read more!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
AnnaMariaGirl
AnnaMariaGirl

Wink Oh Daughter of little faith! lol

I did take a couple photos right after we surprised Olivia! I almost cried when Olivia yelled “GRANDMA!” and the whole restaurant stopped! I did feel sorry for the guy eating the big mac that kept turning around when he heard me telling Olivia to turn around on the phone! haha

I can't post the pics until I have 10 replys. So, I'll be posting more evidentially! hahaha
AnnaMariaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #28
AnnaMariaGirl
AnnaMariaGirl

Hotel

I felt the same way Christa did about the hotel. It wasn't the best place I've ever stayed but, it wasn't the worse either. It does need some repainting, updating, etc. The breakfast area and pool areas were very clean though. The bartender was very entertaining. Am I allowed to say that on a Disney thread? hahaha Let's face it, we were doing Disney on a budget and it was a good deal for us! DH did say when Carter turns 5 and we go back, he wants us all to stay on Disney property! I'm just happy he said that we were going back since he isnt an amusement park or crowd fan!
AnnaMariaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #29
obxlover
Mouseketeer

Love your report and your surprise to your daughter!! We live in Lexington, NC, so I understand about your drive!!

Can't wait to read more!!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #30
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Joining in from the Dec thread! Yay! Glad you had a great trip and looking forward to reading along. Love Olivia's balloons!
Welcome and thanks for coming over!! I think we discussed this on my PTR, but GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: