DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #61
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

DH asked me how many "kabillion" point we would need to spend the winter at WDW so I just need to know how many a "kabillion" is! We are empty nesters.

He also had another one of his great ideas. We would sell our home, buy a motor home, use our points to stay at Wilderness campgrounds for 6 months. I could work for Disney - which he knows I really would love - and he would do, well, nothing. When I asked him what do we do the remaining 6 months he said that we would visit our kids and family and then go to every NHRA drag strip he could get to. A couple of smaaaaalllllll problems - he hates to drive and I am really not a motor home person so we are back to how many "kabillion" points!

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #62
magicmonette
Working on Future DVC Retirement Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLee View Post
DH asked me how many "kabillion" point we would need to spend the winter at WDW so I just need to know how many a "kabillion" is! We are empty nesters.

He also had another one of his great ideas. We would sell our home, buy a motor home, use our points to stay at Wilderness campgrounds for 6 months. I could work for Disney - which he knows I really would love - and he would do, well, nothing. When I asked him what do we do the remaining 6 months he said that we would visit our kids and family and then go to every NHRA drag strip he could get to. A couple of smaaaaalllllll problems - he hates to drive and I am really not a motor home person so we are back to how many "kabillion" points!
Several people answered that in different ways on this thread. My DH and I just put offer in on 160 more points, at AKV, and now wait for FROR to go thru...fingers crossed because it is low number!

With our prior 150 pts, we will be able to stay at AKV for month of September in value studio! 11 more months of points to go! Hahaha!

...it's a blurr! Kids, family, friends, and just Husband and ME! Offsite five times:THEN multiple times at each Fort Wilderness Campground AND the Cabins, All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West and AKL,AKV,BLT,BWV...and on to the next!
magicmonette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #63
m1ckeym0use1
Mouseketeer

My parents stay at OKW every year from mid January to mid March in a studio.

I'm pretty sure at some point in the trip they have to go up to the front desk and have new room keys printed, as they have to break it into two reservations (no need to check out or change rooms tho).
m1ckeym0use1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #64
magicmonette

Retire at WDW check list checked!

Ok, I found someone to deliver my groceries and sundries to the DVC in my retirement! I used Elizabeth and Amy at www.disney-world-personal-shopper.com over the holidays for gift deliveries and was amazed! Yesterday, I asked if they would deliver other stuff to my room and they said ABSOLUTELY! So that's another thing checked off the list! YAY!

...it's a blurr! Kids, family, friends, and just Husband and ME! Offsite five times:THEN multiple times at each Fort Wilderness Campground AND the Cabins, All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West and AKL,AKV,BLT,BWV...and on to the next!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #65
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

I don't know if I could "live" there, but planning 3 weeks in a studio this year on my 250 points. One of my German friends had enough to stay 6 weeks in a studio - and they did! Some years, if money was tight, they didn't even get park passes.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #66
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
I don't know if I could "live" there, but planning 3 weeks in a studio this year on my 250 points. One of my German friends had enough to stay 6 weeks in a studio - and they did! Some years, if money was tight, they didn't even get park passes.
What would they do for 6 weeks, though? I can't imagine not going at all being there for 6 weeks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #67
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
What would they do for 6 weeks, though? I can't imagine not going at all being there for 6 weeks!
What do people do when they "go to the cabin" for the summer? Same deal, just more to do at Disney even without passes
Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #68
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

shopping, mini golf, off property attractions, eating around, entertainment at the resorts, shopping. I never have any trouble finding enough to do on days I don't go to the parks.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #69
magicmonette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe
shopping, mini golf, off property attractions, eating around, entertainment at the resorts, shopping. I never have any trouble finding enough to do on days I don't go to the parks.
I totally agree! Ft wilderness keeps me busy for long time!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #70
XGrumpy1
DIS Veteran

I am so ready, sign me up!

Now, I just have to convince the wife.....
XGrumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #71
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Orlando's a big place. There's a lot more than just Disney.
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #72
BarryS
Earning My Ears

I'm only 35 years away from retirement, but this sounds fantastic!

I just don't want to see what the going rate for points will be in 2048 when I'm ready to buy in...

BarryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #73
magicmonette

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryS
I'm only 35 years away from retirement, but this sounds fantastic!

I just don't want to see what the going rate for points will be in 2048 when I'm ready to buy in...
Aww...I remember 35 years ago, in my first job...as grocery checker, prices were a lot cheaper than now! Bread was 49cents! Bananas were 19cents! Our first house in 1982 was $42K! Start saving now! LOL!

Old 02-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #74
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

I know I figured around $240,000 ( in todays point value) a few months ago to stay for three months. Unsure if that was 2br, 1br.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #75
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
There is also a legal limitation on how long you are allowed to stay in any hotel room.

Bill
I'm unaware of any length-of-stay limitation - either in FL or in a DVC resort. Our DVC documents make it clear that DVC members are not entitled to FL Residency status as a result of ownership. I have never read any stay limitation in the DVC documents - any limitation would be personal and based on the number of points/cash available for the reservation.

Here is a link to the FL Innkeepers Laws - Chapter 509 of the FL Statutes - http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statute...pter509/Part_I .

I have not found any limitations on the maximum stay placed by the state of Florida either.

Please post any resource you have regarding such limitation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: