DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
magicmonette
Working on Future DVC Retirement Home!

DVC Premium Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Premium Membership

How many DVC points to LIVE at WDW?

Ok, I am having a sad holiday -very sick 13 year old dog :-(
Thinking about happiest place and retirement. Just for fun, has anyone figured how many points you need to live at WDW?

...it's a blurr! Kids, family, friends, and just Husband and ME! Offsite five times:THEN multiple times at each Fort Wilderness Campground AND the Cabins, All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West and AKL,AKV,BLT,BWV...and on to the next!
magicmonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Well, if a studio averages around 18 (give or take depending on resort), thats at least 6500!!!

My hope is to own enough that DH and I can spend the month of January at WDW when we retire. I have 7 years left of work so gives me time to get the points necessary to do that!!

And, thoughts are with you....

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2329183

webmasterdoc ran the numbers in 2009:

Quote:
365 nights in a 1BR would require the following for January 1 - December 31, 2009:

AKV (Value) - 8990
OKW - 10,311
BWV (St) - 10, 613
SSR - 11,582
AKV (Sav) - 12,694
BWV (Pref), VWL, BCV - 12,847
a little bit complicated by ownership limitations unless you get creative:

Quote:
To encourage purchase for personal use, Club Members may not aggregate Ownership Interests so as to compile more than 4,000 Home Resort Points per DVC Resort or an aggregate of 8,000 Home Resort Vacation Points at all DVC Resorts....
that would be a tight fit. if you can spare a cool $1.5 million (plus ongoing costs), golden oak is a much better option:

http://www.disneygoldenoak.com/

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Chalee

I just knew you'd have an answer for the OP.
Sandi I'm with you girl,only 8 years for me !!!! I'm hoping that we're all happy, healthy,and wiser by then.

Irv
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
magicmonette

DVC Premium Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Premium Membership

No to Golden Oak on principle!

Well I PERSONALLY don't believe Walt would approve of DVC or Golden Oak, but that's another thread! But Golden Oak neighbors would not be as fun as DVC! LOL! I am DVC owner...

And thank you for you thoughts!

I often wonder how the Ft wilderness Snow Birds do it! That's got to be some if $$$! Trying to think out of box for laid back years, now that kids officially out of house!

...it's a blurr! Kids, family, friends, and just Husband and ME! Offsite five times:THEN multiple times at each Fort Wilderness Campground AND the Cabins, All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West and AKL,AKV,BLT,BWV...and on to the next!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

There is also a legal limitation on how long you are allowed to stay in any hotel room.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonette View Post
Well I PERSONALLY don't believe Walt would approve of DVC or Golden Oak, but that's another thread! But Golden Oak neighbors would not be as fun as DVC! LOL! I am DVC owner...
!
Not only would Walt approve, but he drafted his plans for what is now known as EPCOT shortly before his death. Taken from JustDisney.com:
EPCOT, or the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, began as Walt Disney's idea of creating a better city. A utopian environment enriched in education, and in expanding technology. A perfect city with dependable public transportation, a soaring civic center covered by an all-weather dome,

After Walt's death, the city plans were scrapped and EPCOT was instead turned into a theme park at WDW Florida. I think Walt would most definitely approve of DVC, Golden Oak and Celebration, FL.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
magicmonette

DVC Premium Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Premium Membership

Golden Oak = EPCOT?

Sorry Carol, I read all the info about Golden Oak and I didn't interpret it the same way as you. That would be awesome if it is like Walts vision for EPCOT! The literature I read must have been target marketed to the very wealthy and elite individuals. It really didn't speak to education and sharing of ideas; just primarily about the exclusivity. I need to find other information, like you have read.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #9
marie1981
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
There is also a legal limitation on how long you are allowed to stay in any hotel room.

Bill
This is interesting. Do you know what is the limitation ?
marie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
jkpatrick
Mouseketeer

I recall reading somewhere that Disneyworld limits you to 6 months of consecutive stays in any property resort. But right now, I can't find any link that states that.

Similar discussion on another forum
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/d...-world.856782/
jkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
mditkof
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonette
Ok, I am having a sad holiday -very sick 13 year old dog :-(
Thinking about happiest place and retirement. Just for fun, has anyone figured how many points you need to live at WDW?
We are testing out a subset of that theme this year. My wife will be at OKW in a Studio about 115 nights from last Sept to this upcoming May. About 1300 points, give or take some. We are empty nesters and sorting out how to escape the Midwestern winters without the need to take care of a separate home or condo in Orlando.

Unlike some, we find the Studio fine. My wife keeps a Crock Pot and electric skillet in the second Owners Locker we just bought.

Marty
mditkof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mditkof View Post
We are testing out a subset of that theme this year. My wife will be at OKW in a Studio about 115 nights from last Sept to this upcoming May. About 1300 points, give or take some. We are empty nesters and sorting out how to escape the Midwestern winters without the need to take care of a separate home or condo in Orlando.

Unlike some, we find the Studio fine. My wife keeps a Crock Pot and electric skillet in the second Owners Locker we just bought.

Marty
Marty,
Is that really cost effective? Given the cost of MF's i would think a condo would be cheaper.
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpatrick View Post
I recall reading somewhere that Disneyworld limits you to 6 months of consecutive stays in any property resort. But right now, I can't find any link that states that.

Similar discussion on another forum
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/d...-world.856782/
Yea. That's what I remember too. It's come up on here a few times. I almost thought it was in the POS that there was a 6 month limitation per year but maybe I'm imagining that. I've seen it somewhere where it looked like gospel at the time.

There are some folks on here that know and I'm sure they will chime in because I'm pretty sure it was one of those folks that made the statement.
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
magicmonette

DVC Premium Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Premium Membership

Do TELL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mditkof View Post

Marty
Marty, please tell more! I am just sitting on couch with my dog and would love to hear more about your experience! My husband and I are all about the ease of life after work!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mditkof

Marty
Wow! So do you move to an offsite every so many weeks? Or do you have a condo?
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: