Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
missmary
Mouseketeer

Trip in 8 days. Should I be using new app and Web site?

So I'm leaving next Wednesday for a big trip to run the Goofy and meet up with lots of friends and family for the first time since we moved to Africa last year. We will have 16-18 people in our group at different times. I have been avoiding the new Web site and My Disney Experience app aside from cursory glances because it seems so glitchy.

But now I'm worried with my upcoming trip that I need to be linking my ADRs to the app and adding guests to my "groups," etc. Do I really need to mess with that or will just having my reservation numbers be just fine for this trip?
Old 01-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmary View Post
So I'm leaving next Wednesday for a big trip to run the Goofy and meet up with lots of friends and family for the first time since we moved to Africa last year. We will have 16-18 people in our group at different times. I have been avoiding the new Web site and My Disney Experience app aside from cursory glances because it seems so glitchy.

But now I'm worried with my upcoming trip that I need to be linking my ADRs to the app and adding guests to my "groups," etc. Do I really need to mess with that or will just having my reservation numbers be just fine for this trip?
I see no reason why just having your reservation numbers won't be enough. The site, moreso than the MDE app, is apparently going through some growing pains right now and I wouldn't use it until that clears up or you absolutely have to.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I think that all they are trying to do with the "experience" is to make the planning fun, and perhaps to allow others in your party to have fun planning, too. If I added my cousin to my Group for the part of the stay where we are all there, she can see whatever I've done, etc. I think it's just Disney trying to mimic what some of us are already cobbling together for planning.

I don't think it has anything to do with anything *necessary*. But of course they've obliterated all the useful info for the most basic planners while going through the process of trying to make it "fun".

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I agree with the PPs. Until the Disney IT Wizards (yes, that was sarcasm) get a handle on all of the current site problems, best to leave the new site and app alone. Or just use it for its entertainment value. I'd only rely on a printed copy of all your confirmation numbers.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: