Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,741

Booking another cruise while on a cruise?

Hello!
Quick question about booking a cruise while on a cruise. Can you book concierge suites at the discount rate or is it only the standard rooms that apply to this deal? I found a cruise we are interested in taking next Feb and I don't know if I should wait until we are on the ship in April to book it or book it now? It is a concierge suite (there are 6 of us and I like not having to book two connecting rooms and the price for the suite is almost identical to booking two separate rooms anyway). I could call my AAA agent and see if she can get a small discount but I don't know if that is an option either. I booked this cruise through Disney and have now learned that maybe I could have saved a bit by calling AAA. Live and learn I guess. Thanks so much.
__________________

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,292
DISboards Moderator

I don't believe the OBB incentive applies to concierge. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. However, if you found what you like, go ahead and book it now. There's a lot of time between now and April when others might book and your suite may not be available then. If the OBB *can* be applied, you could re-shop it onboard. No TA will be able to offer a discount but might have other incentive for booking through them (onboard credit, gifts, etc.); all DCL cruises are the same price regardless of whom you book it through (some don't show/advertise prices including taxes and fees until you are actually into the booking so it appears cheaper).
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
I don't believe the OBB incentive applies to concierge. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. However, if you found what you like, go ahead and book it now. There's a lot of time between now and April when others might book and your suite may not be available then. If the OBB *can* be applied, you could re-shop it onboard. No TA will be able to offer a discount but might have other incentive for booking through them (onboard credit, gifts, etc.); all DCL cruises are the same price regardless of whom you book it through (some don't show/advertise prices including taxes and fees until you are actually into the booking so it appears cheaper).
Hmm. OK. Thank you. Guess I will just book it myself then.
__________________

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Namsupak
DIS Veteran
 
Namsupak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,882

There is no discount on the concierge rooms. If you use an onboard booking then you can get the extra onboard credit but no 10% discount. Which ship are you talking about? Which concierge category? Because if you have 6 people on the classic ships you can book the Two bedroom or the Royal suite, if you need one of these then you should book them now as there are only two of each of these categories on the classic ships. If you are sailing on the Dream or Fantasy, then you will need to book 2 rooms, none of the concierge rooms technically fit 6 people. Even the Royal on the new ships only accommodates 5 people. Once again if you want something like the Royal suite then book early. Travel agents don't discount the Disney Cruises, they are a set price whether you book from a TA, through DCL, or an online site. However a TA or 3rd party site may give you extra onboard credit, like a gift for booking with them. Also know that there is somewhat less flexibility with moving a concierge reservation date if you decided you need to move the cruise. Also in some cases depending on the length of the cruise and whether or not it is a US cruise there are some slightly different time lines for when the full payment is due. For example we have a Royal Suite booked and I believe we had a final payment date at the 150 day mark instead of the 120 day mark.
__________________
Lauren
Married May 26, 2008 Epcot's Japan/Adventurer's Club/Living Seas Salon
DD Lorelei Born 2009, Jameson Born 2012

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Namsupak
DIS Veteran
 
Namsupak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Hmm. OK. Thank you. Guess I will just book it myself then.
Think about booking with a TA, you can do a search for several recommended companies on these boards. Dreams Unlimited is a company that many people use. Plus a TA familiar with Disney Cruises should be able to answer all of your questions.
__________________
Lauren
Married May 26, 2008 Epcot's Japan/Adventurer's Club/Living Seas Salon
DD Lorelei Born 2009, Jameson Born 2012

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
There is no discount on the concierge rooms. If you use an onboard booking then you can get the extra onboard credit but no 10% discount. Which ship are you talking about? Which concierge category? Because if you have 6 people on the classic ships you can book the Two bedroom or the Royal suite, if you need one of these then you should book them now as there are only two of each of these categories on the classic ships. If you are sailing on the Dream or Fantasy, then you will need to book 2 rooms, none of the concierge rooms technically fit 6 people. Even the Royal on the new ships only accommodates 5 people. Once again if you want something like the Royal suite then book early. Travel agents don't discount the Disney Cruises, they are a set price whether you book from a TA, through DCL, or an online site. However a TA or 3rd party site may give you extra onboard credit, like a gift for booking with them. Also know that there is somewhat less flexibility with moving a concierge reservation date if you decided you need to move the cruise. Also in some cases depending on the length of the cruise and whether or not it is a US cruise there are some slightly different time lines for when the full payment is due. For example we have a Royal Suite booked and I believe we had a final payment date at the 150 day mark instead of the 120 day mark.
Thank you. I am looking at the Wonder two bedroom. I do remember them saying when I booked our current cruise that the deposit was not refundable. (We are on the Magic this time in the 2 bedroom). I had just heard that booking while on the ship guaranteed the best price but I am really only interested in the suites because of our family's size so it probably isn't in my best interest to wait. The onboard credit isn't that much, right? I will call my TA and see if they have any onboard credit offers before I decide who to book through then. Thank you so much for your help!
__________________

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
Namsupak
DIS Veteran
 
Namsupak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,882

I believe the offer is 6 days or less is $100, then 7 days or more is $200. The do not go by the castaway levels any longer. If you are looking at a 2 bedroom then yeah booking early is the best option due to scarcity of the room category. The onboard credit is nice, but if you are spending 20k+ on a cruise it really doesn't amount to much especially if you lose out on the room. When you are onboard you can also think about making a dummy booking that you can move in the future.
__________________
Lauren
Married May 26, 2008 Epcot's Japan/Adventurer's Club/Living Seas Salon
DD Lorelei Born 2009, Jameson Born 2012

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.