Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
cgolf
DIS Veteran

Another DCL Convert

I had a coworker that I was telling how cool DCL was and he mentioned that his brother was going on a DCL cruise not too long in the future. I was curious to see what his brothers reaction was, just to make sure I was not too much under the influence of the DCL Kool Aid.

His brother reported back over the holiday and it sounds like they too loved it, and couldn't wait until they could get my coworker and his family on a DCL cruise. It was nice too see that others are as bitten by the DCL bug as we were.

Our own reaction and that of others is why we will still pay the extra bucks to go DCL, maybe once we hit platinum (7th cruise 2 weeks from Sat) we will give another line a shot to see a different itinerary, but for now more of that DCL Kool AId. We are so bitten by it we even went without DD this past year.

Has anyone else bragged up DCL, and ultimately been vindicated for their bragging?

cgolf
Fantasy 1/13, 1/14
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

I've bragged DCL up so much that the CEO of my company is seriously considering a Disney cruise. We shall see!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

We have had at least one family go on a DCL cruise because of us, and more are attempting to save up for it.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Yep. We talked our banker into taking a DCL cruise with her sister.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

We've talked (so far)
my daughters preschool friends' family,
a lady from my bible study,
a friend from church,
my mother and father in law,
my other friend and
my sister.
I think I'm a DCL evangelist.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
dad4dis
Mouseketeer

We are going on our first Disney Cruise in Feb. I hope it's as great as everyone says.
dad4dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
argomANIA
Mouseketeer

DCL should have a referral program!

Disney Dream 3 night Bahama Cruise December 2011
Disney Dream 3 night Bahama Cruise September 2012
Disney Wonder 4 night Bahama Cruise November 2014
argomANIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
super mike b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
DCL should have a referral program!
That would be nice. We recomend DCL to a lot of our friends.
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
luvavacation
DIS Veteran

My family LOVES DCL! It is our preferred cruise line, though we do cruise others. Every one of us, even my daughters that are now grown, are capable of talking your head off about why DCL is so wonderful.

My best friend and her siblings are all very, very much about "value for the money". They are all also much more financially well-off than my family, which is great for them, but their view of a vacation time is different from mine. And, while they don't mind going out to dinner 3X a week and bowling and movies, etc., my family lives frugally at home but whoops it up on vacation. My view of life's enjoyment is different from my best friend and her sibling's view (I say this to try to give a bit of back story here).

My BF has previously been on one Disney Cruise with her children, about 6 years ago. She did enjoy it, and had planned on another one few years later, but life got in the way. Finally, two years ago, she decided on the summer of 2012, and convinced her sister's family to go along (I was also to be on this cruise with one of my DD's).

BFF's brother was harder to convince, and then the VGT rates came out, and he decided to come along with his 3 little girls and wife. All I kept hearing from him before we left was how this is so expensive, it had better be worth it, he was not going to enjoy himself, he was not buying anything nor spending any money, etc., etc. I kept telling him to just wait, wait and see.

In the terminal, as we waited to board, he was already starting to break. His daughters needed pictures with Goofy, oh then Minnie, oh there is Mickey, look the ship, and on and on. Daddy was running around with his girls, and then it was time to board the ship, all before he could complain about the crowds and humanity around him.

I did not see his family again until dinner, when we were all together. BFF's brother leaned over to me, and in all seriousness, after just one partial day on the Fantasy, told me, "you were right, this is soooo worth it".

Mr. Not-Going-to-Spend-a-Penny bought the picture CD because, well, his little girls looked so cute all the time, and bought stuff in the gift shop because, well, his little girls just loved this or that, and on it went. His wife had been considering rebooking onboard, but he was holding out, until the final night, at the final show (the one where the father is the scientist and his little girl has her birthday, but he is too busy, and before his eyes, she grows up and starts her own life - sorry, forgot the name!). Seeing his wife with tears, his little girls wanting one more pic with Ariel, and his own feelings after the show, he rebooked, and told me he didn't regret a penny of it.

So yes, I have converted. BFF and her family weren't my first, probably won't be my last, but definitely my most recent!
luvavacation is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: