Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #31
JediMasterNerd
Earning My Ears

Yes, the shirts I was looking for are the red ones. This is where it stinks that every store is different in DLR as I had to ask each store if they had it and each one said no, check this other store. If they had a central inventory type system they can just check for me But we did have an amazing time! I really enjoyed the whole trip.

And, I thought of a couple of more comments to make...

Regarding Candlelight Processional... During our holiday tour our tour guide talked about the CP quite a bit and how amazing it is but also mentioned that several years ago (I want to say she said 2008 but I certainly could be wrong) it was moved from Town Hall to Hyperion (or another theatre or location) and due to the backlash from visitors it was moved back to Town Hall and that Disney understands how special it is to hold at TH... This all came unprompted fromo anyone. So, hopefully, CP will continue at its current location.

And my other comment is not Christmas oriented, but wanted to mention this anyway... We got a fast pass for RSR on Christmas Eve but due to dinner reservations we couldn't use them. The CM at the FP machine told us to come any time after the FP time to use them --- but then we got the special DL fast passes and ended up not using the RSR FPs. The next day we were at RSR and I had the fast passes so we told a CM we couldn't use them last night and asked if we could use them today and they said absolutely, no problem. So instead of a 2.5 hour wait for the ride we had 20-30 min FP wait. Not sure if this is standard procedures or not, but just wanted to throw it out there if anyone is trying to get on the ride and has problems.

Happy New Year!

J.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #32
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
mom2rtk -

You're very welcome! I remember that you popped into the previous thread a few times. Even though I'm sure the WDW trip was amazing, I do hope that you will be able to do a DLR holiday trip in 2013! I think it's going to be a very newsworthy season, assuming that a party comes to Disneyland and the Candlelight Ceremony moves over to California Adventure.

Stay tuned for August, when we begin the Theme Week Countdown! I think 2013's countdown will be really fun because so many people went to DLR in 2012 and got fantastic photos of Cars Land, etc.

Thanks so much for the kind welcome Sherry!

In the end last year, the draw of seeing new Fantasyland at WDW just won out and I knew I had to head back to the World in 2012. I'm really looking forward to hopefully making it west this year though to check out everything that is new since our last visit in 2010.

We've done Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at WDW 9 times now, so I'd love to do a similar party at DLR! It won't be a big deal at all to me to see a party added, but I'll be curious to see how that is received at DLR where previuosly the special things were just included in a regular park day (like the Christmas parade).

My biggest concern with scheduling a holiday trip is crowd levels. Are there certain weeks or days in late November or early December that are known for lower crowds? Are there special events in that time that affect crowd levels (like Pop Warner and parade taping at WDW?) When do they typically tape for the Christmas parade at DLR?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #33
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

Due to HOJO's room special, it was too good to turn down, so I've locked down my dates to: Nov 24 to 29, staying at HOJO's. Thanks to everyone for their great info on Christmas time in Disneyland, especially our resident wizard of all things Disneyland at Christmas time Sherry! Can't wait to start planning my trip. Now I've just got to lock down cheap airfare in Apr/May and I'm good to go. Let the over planning begin!!

Trish
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #34
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Do the rates apply for next December? We're considering a trip. Don't know for sure yet where we want to stay, but maybe should consider booking something just in case.

What do they call this location?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #35
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Do the rates apply for next December? We're considering a trip. Don't know for sure yet where we want to stay, but maybe should consider booking something just in case.

What do they call this location?
They do work for December. It is called HOJO Anaheim. I just booked a backup room there for 25% off.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #36
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Mickey&JoshNut thank you for the great wrap-up of your recent trip!

czmom you're going to fall in love with Disneyland at Christmas. I'm just sayin'
Old 01-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #37
swooshbear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
swooshbear -

Thank you so much for posting the CP link and the info about the candy canes!

So many people wonder about those candy canes and what makes them so special. Some folks just want to actually see them being made. It's good to know that there is something different about them that puts them in a league above other candy canes!

About the CP - What did you think of the crowds and the CP's impact on Main Street? I would have definitely signed on for a John Stamos CP if he had narrated earlier on in the month. I knew that December 20th would be really busy anyway (the closer to Christmas it gets, the more crowded it gets), but because John is such a huge Disneyland fan I'm sure that he attracted a lot more people to the parks to see him. I would have liked to see Kurt Russell, Dick Van Dyke or John Stamos, but I'm actually really happy that I got to see the Lou Diamond Phillips CP nights - he did a fine job - and I feel very lucky that I got seats both of those nights.

Plus, I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I am quite happy that I finally got to see the CP in its original, historical, longtime setting - Town Square - before it moves elsewhere. I know that most people hope that it moves to the Hyperion next year (because they think that this will diminish crowds on Main Street and eliminate scheduling issues - not realizing that if the CP moves to DCA it will likely be because there is a paid Christmas party in DL, which will then cause all kinds of other crowd and scheduling issues). I'm sure the CP will still be a lovely show when it's in a theater, but it won't be the same or have the same intimate - almost haunting - vibe that it has in Town Square! It just won't.

I really think that Town Square is a wonderful setting for the CP - and sure, I got caught up in some of the slow-moving crowds on Main Street as I was exiting the park during the last CP of the night (I saw the first show of the night), but it was fine. It didn't ruin my trip, or my night. I've seen worse crowds than that in Adventureland and New Orleans Square after Fantasmic, and on New Year's Eve many years ago.
We actually tried to avoid the crowds on Main Street as much as we could because we knew it would get packed in that area. Since we had tickets for the 7:30 show, we left DL early and spent the rest of the afternoon in DCA. Once it was time to line up for the CP, we just walked through the main gates and straight to the line. While we were in line, we could tell it was crowded as the first show was ending and people were trying to leave the area. It can be a hassle but if you can manage your time and avoid Main Street for a few hours, it's not that bad. I agree that Town Square is the best place for the CP and moving it would ruin some of the magic. But on the flip side, you would not need to cancel shows due to weather (which happened to us earlier in Dec).
Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #38
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Our Wonderful First Disney Trip

Well we made it there and back!! I started a trip report for our first trip!! I have to say DIS helped A LOT I wish I would have known about it BEFORE I had made our dates and stuff!! But you can read my report (I dont know how to post the link ) We had an awesome time and my kiddos have already started saving their change for our next trip and I am looking into pricing and stuff and am also considering going to WDW even though I LOVED DL!!! Hopefully by the end of the year we will be going on another Disney trip Next visit though I am going to try for a less crowded time!!

TRIP REPORT STARTED:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52056072
DS(6) DD (5) DBF Me

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #39
larina
DIS Veteran

So very excited to be saying that we will be going to Disneyland for Christmas 2013. Looks like December 22 - 27 at the PPH (we just can't give up that view of CA and WOC), although we may consider the DLH if we can figure out how to secure a view of the park. Anyhow, I'm just excited to be back on the holiday thread. I missed it.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #40
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Christmas 2013!

We have been home for a week now and are already planning our trip for December! We were at DL from 12/14 to the 26th. It looks like our next trip will be 12/5 to 12/10 as a girls only trip (DL has had enough of Disneyland for the next few years after 10 days there). I'm excited!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #41
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina View Post
So very excited to be saying that we will be going to Disneyland for Christmas 2013. Looks like December 22 - 27 at the PPH (we just can't give up that view of CA and WOC), although we may consider the DLH if we can figure out how to secure a view of the park. Anyhow, I'm just excited to be back on the holiday thread. I missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee View Post
We have been home for a week now and are already planning our trip for December! We were at DL from 12/14 to the 26th. It looks like our next trip will be 12/5 to 12/10 as a girls only trip (DL has had enough of Disneyland for the next few years after 10 days there). I'm excited!
This is GREAT! You can report back to those of us who will living vicariously through this DIS thread!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #42
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

Had so much fun - going back December 2013!!!!

We too are just back from DL...we were at the DLH from Dec 23-29 and I just got off the phone with the Disney Travel Company and booked our trip for December 8-14, 2013 at Paradise Pier. While we had fun at Christmas, we want to get another trip in to DL before our Premier Passports expire. Got a great AP rate for Paradise Pier for a standard room for our dates....I can't wait to begin the planning again!!!!!!!

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite

Last edited by Mickey&JoshNut; 01-05-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #43
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

I posted these pictures on the thread I started about our DLH Room Decorating Package and Christmas Tree for 2012. I finally figured out how to post pictures so thought I would add them to this thread in case someone is thinking about doing this for Christmas 2013. The price for all my decorations with tax and delivery fees was just over $700. I got the following: Mickey's Favorite Things - Holiday Room decoarting package ($350), Mickey's Christmas Tree Cheer - 2012 ($200), Santa's Gift Bag for Adults ($90) and Christmas ChEARS to you ($50)

Here is what we got....

This was what we saw when we got to our door

Here are the snowflakes on the carpet that we saw when we entered the room

Here is the Christmas Tree (on top of the box they give you to ship it home) and park of the room decorating package on the bed.

The room decorating package items on on the left bed and the presents/gifts I ordered are on the right bed (love the lighted headboard - it was on when we entered the room)

Here is the Santa Mickey Cookie dish, cookies, and Christmas storybook

Also there were six lighted lumieres (sp?) around the room that gave just the right amount of light when we entered. You can see one of the lights on the floor near the tree box.

I felt that what I got was worth the money I spent. I know it's not for everyone, but it made our Christmas trip that much more special.

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #44
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
This is GREAT! You can report back to those of us who will living vicariously through this DIS thread!
That will be my pleasure. I plan on taking lots of pics, of our room, any surprises, and the holiday fun in general. I really feel so blessed to have the opportunity. Nothing like Christmas at the Happiest, I mean Merriest, Place on Earth!!!!

Mickey&JoshNut, thanks for posting those pics. We are trying to think of ways to make our Christmas 2013 trip extra special (I only have my kids every other Christmas now) and were just talking about in-room surprises like these. I'm going to show her so we can figure out what we want. I will skip the ornaments, since we have at least 30 Disney ornaments already, lol.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #45
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Thank you Mickey&JoshNut for posting the pictures from your in-room decorating. I've wondered for the price what you would get. It all looked high quality.

larina - I'll look forward to hearing about your holiday adventures!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: