Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
m1ckeym0use1
Mouseketeer

Moving a dummy date curise and OBC

I'm sure this has been answered, but I haven't found it yet w/ the search results.

If we rebook a 3 day 'dummy' date while onboard we get 10% discount and $100 OBC....

If the cruise we move to is a 7 day, I know we still get the 10%... will the OBC automatically jump to $200?

Also, in this case we might actually move the booking forward to a 2013 Med. cruise... any problem moving forward as long as there's availability?
m1ckeym0use1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ckeym0use1 View Post
I'm sure this has been answered, but I haven't found it yet w/ the search results.

If we rebook a 3 day 'dummy' date while onboard we get 10% discount and $100 OBC....

If the cruise we move to is a 7 day, I know we still get the 10%... will the OBC automatically jump to $200?

Also, in this case we might actually move the booking forward to a 2013 Med. cruise... any problem moving forward as long as there's availability?
We just did this exact same thing. We booked a 2013 dummy cruise during our August cruise while on board, and our Dreams TA just moved it forward to a 2014 date.

The onboard booking desk automatically books the cheapest 3 day cruise during a very slow period (eg. Nov), and they do this so you pay the cheapest deposit possible.

Once the date comes out that you would like, you can move it to that future date, and the OBC that is applicable to that cruise is now yours. We have Dreams as our TA, so we will get the OBC from DCL, as well as Dreams.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that you will now owe a higher deposit to DCL if going from a shorter to longer cruise.

Best of luck and happy cruising, Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

As above, if you move to a 7 night or longer cruise, you will automatically jump to the $200 OBC (based on today's rules, always subject to change). Yes, you will get the 10% off the cruise fare portion of the ticket for whatever cruise you move to. Your deposit will remain at 10%, but if the new cruise costs more, the deposit is 10% of the more costly cruise and will be paid at the time of the booking.

Currently, you can move a cruise as often as you need to provided you remain outside of the penalty period (move earlier rather than later).
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
m1ckeym0use1
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick replies.... I thought that was the case but wanted to confirm.
m1ckeym0use1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: