Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #61
keri125
Mouseketeer

I'm so sorry. It just doesn't seem fair that those wonderful furry family members are with us for such a short amount of time. Hugs.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #62
bannermouse
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry for your loss.

Bannermouse
Old 12-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #63
goofeyken
Mouseketeer

Pete and Walter, tears are running down my face. Letting our beloved dogs go is one of the hardest things to do in this life. He may be gone but you will carry the memories forever. I often think back to dogs that have been gone for years now and smile. They will always be in my heart.

When the time is right, there will be another dog waiting for you. They need you, the good home and the love that you can provide. Bonding will happen again, and you'll have another best friend that will always be there for you.

The love of a dog is a beautiful thing. Hang in there.

goofeyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #64
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Reading this with tears in my eyes. I am so, so sorry, Pete. The pain of losing an animal companion is almost unbearable for me, so I understand completely how much this hurts right now. Keeping you and all who have lost loved companions close in prayer.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #65
Disney Anna
DIS Veteran

Hi Pete, Walter:

I am very sorry for your loss.

I am blessed with three great fur babies (Pumpkin (kitty), Diego (cockapoo) and Gidget (dachsund, rat terrier). They are our children.

I have lost three beloved pets/children in the last four years (Winston, our tuxedo cat and first pet; Duchess, beautiful girl kitty; and Pepita, my little Petey who is my eternal soul mate).

You are good pet parents and did the right thing. It helps me to look forward to the day when I will be reunited with my babies again.

You are all in my thoughts.
Disneyland: Entire life; too many visits to count; Premium AP holder since 95. All-Star Music: Sept/Oct. 1999 (Whole Family).Wilderness Lodge: May 2000 (with Sis and her pals).Wilderness Lodge: Sept. 2001 (w/Sis, niece and nephew).All-Star Music: Sept. 2003 (Sisters trip).Wilderness Lodge: May 2004 (40th B/D extravaganza).Port Orleans Riverside: May 2006 (Sisters trip).Saratoga Springs/PO R-side: Nov 2006 (Aunt, Uncle). Pop Century: March 2007 (Spring Training trip). Port Orleans Riverside: January 2008 (unexpected solo trip). Port Orleans Riverside: Sept 2008 (sis), May 2009 (DH) Jan 2010 (solo). Pop Century Dec 2011 (DIS Harry Potter)
[IMG]http://www.*******************/bawb.jpg[/IMG]"]
Disney Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #66
Disney Anna
DIS Veteran

My signature still reflects my original pet family of Petey, Winston, Duchess and Pumpkin.

I have not had the heart to change it.
Disneyland: Entire life; too many visits to count; Premium AP holder since 95. All-Star Music: Sept/Oct. 1999 (Whole Family).Wilderness Lodge: May 2000 (with Sis and her pals).Wilderness Lodge: Sept. 2001 (w/Sis, niece and nephew).All-Star Music: Sept. 2003 (Sisters trip).Wilderness Lodge: May 2004 (40th B/D extravaganza).Port Orleans Riverside: May 2006 (Sisters trip).Saratoga Springs/PO R-side: Nov 2006 (Aunt, Uncle). Pop Century: March 2007 (Spring Training trip). Port Orleans Riverside: January 2008 (unexpected solo trip). Port Orleans Riverside: Sept 2008 (sis), May 2009 (DH) Jan 2010 (solo). Pop Century Dec 2011 (DIS Harry Potter)
[IMG]http://www.*******************/bawb.jpg[/IMG]"]
Disney Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #67
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your painful loss. Saying goodbye to pets is so incrediably hard. My extreme sympathy.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #68
tolemommy
Princess who runs with pugs and loves to find hidden mickeys.

Longtime Diser and Podcast listener but an infrequent poster. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I read your post. (((Hugs))) It is never easy to say goodbye to a part of the family. Please know a candle is burning in Max's memory at the Washington Pug Palace & know that our beloved Pudgie met Max at the bridge and that he brought his favorite ball to share with him. I know you and Walter have a huge hole in your heart right now... Please find comfort in knowing that Pudgie and so many more of the Dis's beloved pets will take good care of Max.
WDW Port Orleans 08/02 WDW Off-Property 07/03 WDW All-Star, OKW, and Hurricane Charlie 08/04 WDW OKW 08/05 WDW AKL & BCV 08/06 DL-Off Property 2007 DLHM DC/WC aboard the Magic 03/11 DL-Off Property 2012 TBHM WDW-Off Property 2012 WADHM & CTC DL-Off Property 2013 Dumbo Dare Challenge
tolemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #69
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Pete and Walter - I'm so sorry for your loss. Pete, you said it so well, how so many of us feel about our "pets". They are so much more than that - friend, companion, etc. I hope your good memories of the love he brought you help see you through this tough time.
Mndisneygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #70
DisneyDame27
Going to my happy place - Disneyworld

Pete & Walter

When I first read of your loss on FB I felt your pain and said a prayer for your both. It wasn't until I read this that I fell apart. It has taken me this long to compose myself enough to send my thoughts & prayers to you.

I understand when you talk about the unconditional love that Max gave you and how it helped you through your dark times. I have an english bulldog who is my strength right now. The looks she gives me sometimes I have to wonder what she must be thinking and ......well sometimes they just make me laugh out loud!

I hope that your heart will not be heavy long from the loss of your dear friend.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #71
MouseBrayden
Walt Disney World YouTuber (MickeyViews), WDW Ride Expert, Collector of Monorail Playsets!

Arrow

I am sorry for your loss, Pete. Max sounded like a great a loving dog.

Please Click Here to check out my Walt Disney World YouTube Videos! I have videos of Firework Shows, Resort Hotels, WDW Concerts, WDW Restaurants, and TONS more!

'06 Polynesian - Rarotonga
'08 Grand Floridian - Sugar Loaf (Club Level)
'10 Grand Floridian - Sugar Loaf (Club Level)
'11 Grand Floridian - Main Building (Club Level)
'12 Polynesian - Hawaii (Club Level - Garden View)
'13 Hard Rock Hotel
'13 Waldorf Astoria - 12 Floor (Disney/Pool View)

MouseBrayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #72
Leigha
DIS Veteran

Bless your hearts! I was so sad to read about Figaro and now Max. You were certainly blessed by their love.
Leigha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #73
disney dog lover
Mouseketeer

Pete and Walter,
I remember when Max was sick a while ago. Scott was so concern, and even though we don't live in Fl. we still wanted to help.
I cried reading this on facebook and here as well.
It is so hard to lose your heart dog. We love all our dogs, but every once in a while an extra special one comes into your life. Max was that dog. I can't say how long the pain will last, It's been 6 yrs since I loss my Stella, and it still hurts, less but still hurts. Take comfort in knowing that Figaro was waiting for him, and you will see him again.
I know John and the rest of the pod cast team will miss him as well.
disney dog lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #74
FigmentKrazee
Second star to the right, you will find, the child at heart in you...

I know there are no words that make it better, but I am so, so sorry for your loss.... I've been there too many times but it never gets any easier. It's the price we pay for loving them isn't it? So incredibly worth it.
FigmentKrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #75
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

I am so deeply sorry for your loss of Max "the dog" We will miss him on the podcasts but no one will miss him more than you. I know how difficult that decision was because I have been there. Much love and hugs from us. Hang in there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: