Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #46
mnra
DIS Veteran

Pete and Walter, We both are so sorry to hear about your loss. We know Max will have a special place in your hearts forever
Old 12-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #47
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

As I said on FB thoughts for Walter and you, Pete.
It has been strange in recent podcasts not hearing Max patting about the studios.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #48
Robin"D"
DIS Veteran

If you never had a pet, I guess it is hard to understand what Pete is going through....
But if you have had a pet in the past and now, you know exactly what Pete is saying....
There is something about a pet, their unconditional love, that something they have inside of them, knowing when you are sick/ feeeling down/ despressed, and what ever the case maybe, just knowing with them by your side/ no justing for what you have done/ for who you are/ just knowing that their love will always be there for you no matter what.

I still hurt to this day for my specail girl....But knowing that she will always be with me/ that she is no longer hurting/ suffering/ and in a better place.

GOD SPEED MAX!

Robin & Angel "D"
Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
NOV '14 SSR/ DW 1st visit [heading to Podcast 5.0]
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR
/
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/
WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder home WC / Magic on Pod Cast 5.0 NOV 30th ~Dec7th '14/ EBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic
Robin"D" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #49
linnell
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are very lucky to have loved something that much that it hurts so bad to lose.

linnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #50
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was an amazing dog and I know you'll miss him terribly.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #51
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

So sorry for the loss of your pets. I hope you can think of all your happy memories with them over the holidays.
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #52
MK4ever
Mouseketeer

Pete,
So sorry to hear about Max. Sounds like Max was your "soul" dog. I lost my "soul" dog, Mickey in April. One of Mickey's favorite toys was also a stuffed duck.
RIP sweet Max

RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM
'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'
Old 12-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #53
Shellhutch
Earning My Ears

Your Max looks almost identical to my "first child", Cheyanne. She was with me for almost 17 years! We also faced the same awful choice a little over a year ago. It was one if the most painful day if my life. But I feel so lucky and blessed to have had all the time I did with her, as I am sure you feel about Max. So my condolences but also my thanks because your picture made me think about my Chey-girl and made me smile.
Shellhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #54
beaprn
Mouseketeer

Been there done that got the tee shirt! It is sooo hard to let them go even when it is for the best. God be with you both.
beaprn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #55
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

My heart goes out to, Pete. It's so tough to make that decision. My sister's cat was diagnosed with cancer last week and she decided on treatment. It's been a tough week for her and her fur baby. Unfortunately he was having a difficult day yesterday and as she was rushing him to the vet he died in her lap as she was driving!

It's very sad, especially during the holidays.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #56
thbath77
Earning My Ears

Pete and Walter,

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a horrible thing to have to face. Rest in the beautiful last moments you were able to spend with him. There aren't word that can make it better. Just know the great love you shared is what made him an amazing family member. Thinking of you both...
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney
thbath77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #57
Dian-er
Mouseketeer

Max

I'm so sorry to hear about losing Max. He was a sweet & loving pet. I know how much you will miss him.
Dian-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #58
auroralark
Lives for vacation

Pete, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to be with him at the end.

Many trips as a kid! Offsite, CBR, Offsite, POR, All Star Sports, Offsite 3x May/June '07 Disneymoon @ BWI *
Sep '07 @ POR * May '09 @ CR * July '09 @ POP!Disneyland! Dec '09 - Jan '10 * Universal! July '10 * Sep '10 @ CSR
Jan '11 @ Poly * Solo! Oct '11 @POR * Feb '12 @ AKL
Our Princess arrived! 7/4/12
auroralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #59
thefatmanrocks
Mouseketeer

It is 12:11 in the morning and I just got done laying on our living room floor with our cat Jack. I like to do that often. Kinda get down there on his level. He is a funny little guy. We adopted him 9 years ago. He only has 3 legs and we felt like maybe no one would give him a chance. So, we did! Im not sure how long he sat there waiting to be given a home and how many people walked by him. But they all missed out on a wonderful fuzzy little buddy! I am sorry for your loss Pete and Walter. I have been listening to your podcast for years and know your pets really are family. I will give Jack an extra hug tonight. Maybe even an extra snack!
thefatmanrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #60
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

I don't know why but this post made me cry. I already gave my condolences on facebook but thought I should here as well. So sorry to hear of Max's passing he was such a loving and loved pup.

I often say to my kitty that she is my best friend sometimes(next to my husband). All she wants is to be fed, played with or just a warm lap to sit in and she is happy, with a loving scratch here and there. If only things that small made me happy as well, though I wonder if that's why me have pets to remind us that it's the small things that are most important sometimes.

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: