Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
BeamsofLight
One of the 'They' in 'They say it's going to rain'
I do have very comical memories of me flushing

My heart goes out to you guys. Max was a lucky pup to have such a loving family. Be proud that you were able to be there for him and do what was best for him when he needed you.
~ Yearly visits with my parents 81 - 89 (offsite) - Contemporary Dec 07 - CBR May 91, 92, 96, 97, 01 - Aug 98 - Sept 00, 03 - Dolphin Oct 08 - GF Jan 10 - POFQ Sept 02 - Oct 08, 10 - Dec 07, 10 - Polynesian Dec 04 - WL Jan 04 - June 04 ~
BeamsofLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #17
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss!! We could always tell how much you loved Max by the way you spoke about him, and I'm sure that your willingness to fight for his life as long as you did as well as your ability to let him go when it was time meant everything to him in the end.

Take care of yourselves and know that everyone our here is also grieving with you.

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #18
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

Sorry for your loss Pete and Walter.
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Pete, even though I already read about this on Facebook, there was something about reading it here, all in one place, that just hit me, and I'm in tears here.

I am so proud of you and Walter for your strength and compassion for Max. I cannot imagine having to make a decision like that, but it sounds like you made the best choice for Max. I know you miss him, but I think focusing on the gift of his presence is a wonderful way to honor his memory.

Many of the responses here from folks have me in tears, too.

Many hugs to the both of you. May you be comforted in your time of loss.

Tobi
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Pete, prayers for you, Walter, and everyone else who new and loved Max. Take comfort in knowing Max is back with Figaro and they will be waiting to greet you someday on the rainbow bridge.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Pete - Kim and I are so sorry to hear about Max, we know how difficult it can be to lose a loved one. Celebrate his life and not his passing as you gain strength from Walter and your friends and family.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #22
SamSam

DIS Veteran

I also read and responded on facebook, but after reading your feelings (more in depth here) I wanted to say again that I feel your pain but rest easy knowing you made the toughest but the right choice for Max.

I made a similar decision several years ago and went through the same emotions and self-doubts as I was making the decision but after having made the decision to let my sweet dog go and have peace, I never regretted it. It was the right decision, just very hard to do.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #23
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing such an emotional and painful story with us. Our prayers are with you and Walter (and your mom) for comfort and healing. Making the decision to let your sweet boy go is one of the hardest decisions we ever make, and he's lucky that you have been such a good dad to him in health and in sickness. I'm so glad he was able to say goodbye to you and that you were able to be there to comfort him as he left this world.

Sending lots and lots of hugs and pixie dust your way for both Max and Figaro.

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #24
Button
A princess waiting for Cinders to ship on out of that castle.

I didn't ever meet Max but fell in love with him form the way the whole team spoke of him and hearing him woof or tippy toe on the podcast.

You got me when you say he rested his head on is mallard as my little Button does just the same with his duck each night.

Bob will be looking out of both Max and Figaro.

Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
garneska
Mouseketeer

Pete and Walter, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much my dogs mean to me and have lost one. It is horrible. Hope you can find some comfort.

Goofy Finisher 2010 2011 2012 2013 and 2014
Mickey Finisher 2003 (yes i said 2003) 2008 and 2009
Donald Finisher 2007
Disneyland Half Marathon 2010 and 2012
garneska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #26
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Oh Pete: I am so sorry for your loss. I am sitting here in tears. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #27
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

Todd and I are sending you thoughts and prayers during this sad time for you both. I too had to make a difficult decision to let my dachshund Herra go after 15 years. It was the first time I had seen Todd cry. Today I was eating breakfast with my parents and noticed a picture on thier window sill of my Daddy and neice in our swimming pool with Herra standing there licking them. A year after her death a new precious soul entered our life--her name is Trinity and she is a Jack Russell. We do not have children and she is the perfect daughter to us.

Take care of each other and know that you are both special--so many people have never known the love of a pet, but you knew it and cherished it...what a wonderful gift.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #28
Stitchmistress
Mouseketeer

Pete, I want to extend my condolences to you for Max's passing.

I know how hard it is to lose a furry friend. They give you so much unconditional love, and don't ask for any in return. But you can't help returning their love and devotion in spades.

I know you did that for Max. I am a long-time listener, and I know how much love and devotion you gave to Max, in good times and in bad.

I am so sorry. Take care, and know we are all thinking of you, Walter, and Max.

Sharon

Port Orleans Riverside, June 1994
Polynesian, October 1996
Coronado Springs, April 1998
All Star Sports, February 2000
Caribbean Beach, December 2002
Grand Floridian, August 2008
Swan, August 2010
Bay Lake Tower August 2012

Stitchmistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #29
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm gonna miss hearing Max running around while the podcast was recording.

He was a part of the podcast team too!

Hugs!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #30
WorldWacky
DIS Veteran

Two years ago, right around this time of year, we had to make the same difficult decision. Our dog, Sebastian, was only 8 and the first place I turned to was the Disboards. The outpouring of love and support was overwhelming. Hugs to you and Walter and everyone else that Max made smile.
WorldWacky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: