Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Ninniemommy
Earning My Ears

FP+ Shut down

I just called disney since our trip at BLT is booked for July. I asked how I get the FP+ scheduling on My Disney Experience. She advised that it was available for guests booked for Magical Express. Then she said wait, the FP+ is now shut down. They are currently in testing & it is unavailable. Does anyone have any info on if & when this will be available again? The CM had no other info.

Last edited by Ninniemommy; 01-27-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Sticker did not attach properly
Ninniemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninniemommy View Post
I just called disney since our trip at BLT is booked for July. I asked how I get the FP+ scheduling on My Disney Experience. She advised that it was available for guests booked for Magical Express. Then she said wait, the FP+ is now shut down. They are currently in testing & it is unavailable. Does anyone have any info on if & when this will be available again? The CM had no other info.

I don't think it was ever available for the general public except for those randomly asked to participate in the testing. I could be mistaken though. From my conversation with DVC member services, it is still in the testing stages and no other information is available (same as you were told). Our vacation is in August, a little later than yours, but we are hopeful that more information will become available soon.

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

I didn't see anything saying this ridiculously orwellian idea...err...i mean..."custom magical guest experience...wishes, magic, dreams" system was close to be implemented.

and good thing too...the longer takes, the better.
Trips to disney parks will NEVER be the same again once thing gets up and running. And that will be sad for many if not most fans of the parks in alot of subtle ways.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
tncplace
Mouseketeer

Our TA told us about it today

Our TA sent us an email about it today and said to be sure to go onto my disney experience to reserve our fastpasses but I couldn't find where to do it. We emailed her asking where we could do this and she told us to keep checking the site.
tncplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
dadddio
DIS Veteran

The faster they get this rolled out, the better.

Trips to Disney parks will NEVER be the same again once this gets up and running and that will be awesome for many if not most fans of the parks in alot of subtle ways.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Quote:
The faster they get this rolled out, the better.

Trips to Disney parks will NEVER be the same again once this gets up and running and that will be awesome for many if not most fans of the parks in alot of subtle ways.
Maybe it's because i feel this concept is absolutely horrendous, but I cannot, for the life of me, see how this could possibly be "awesome".

Care to explain the 'awesomeness" so I can understand it?

For the best "Disney Education" on the web go to: http://www.july171955.com/

Long live the Pirate!!
DVC-Landbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron
Maybe it's because i feel this concept is absolutely horrendous, but I cannot, for the life of me, see how this could possibly be "awesome".

Crap...you stole my post...

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
raidermatt
Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
crap...you stole my post...

Get outta my head!!

Ditto!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
dmiller64152
Mouseketeer

Awesomeness

I agree with the poster who said it would be awesome. Why? Well, for my touring style, the idea of not having to be at rope drop to get FPs for Soarin' or TSMM is COMPLETELY AWESOME. I'd rather plan now, sleep later on my vacation. But that's just a personal preference.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
katdralion
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Trips to disney parks will NEVER be the same again once thing gets up and running. And that will be sad for many if not most fans of the parks in alot of subtle ways.

Another vote for "absolutely horrendous concept" here.

I opened this thread with excitement 'cause I thought Disney might have changed their minds about this terrible idea. Now my heart has sunk again.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
raidermatt
Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller64152 View Post
I agree with the poster who said it would be awesome. Why? Well, for my touring style, the idea of not having to be at rope drop to get FPs for Soarin' or TSMM is COMPLETELY AWESOME. I'd rather plan now, sleep later on my vacation. But that's just a personal preference.
We've never had to be at rope drop to get FP's for anything, but that's a post for a planning forum I guess...

I agree that what you say is a possible benefit for those that plan far enough in advance (how far in advance will that really need to be?), but that is such a small piece of the whole program.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #12
Pandora5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
I didn't see anything saying this ridiculously orwellian idea...err...i mean..."custom magical guest experience...wishes, magic, dreams" system was close to be implemented.
HAha. Well said.

I haven't tried the FP+, but the first time I read about it I knew it wasn't for our fam. We are way to scattered, more of a "do whatever you want whenever you want" kind of family.

I do see the appeal for others, however.
Pandora5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron

The way I see it, the only downside to FP+ is that it will likely be impossible to ride one of the big rides many times in a single day without waiting in line. However, if it ends up being like I think it will be, SB lines in general will be shorter/faster. The bigger bonus, however, will be the ability to FP rides/attractions that currently aren't FPable.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: