Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #121
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper

Aww, thank you! I kept track of the September 2011 thread also and had such a fantastic time. I met quite a few ladies from there that I still keep in touch with on Facebook. I'm hoping our thread gets more active with trip planning talk soon.
I'm anxiously awaiting my 7 month window to book a resort... :D fingers crossed I can get a standard studio - if not thinking OKW and saving points for a Savannah view in Jan 14 with the kids... I swear my ideas change daily - I really need to book!

I really should write a TR from our December trip too- it was so great I am still just sad it's over...
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #122
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEASONK View Post
We are in the planning stages of an October trip. We are looking at Oct 5 - 10, but we are waiting for next school year calendar to be released. So far it will be me, DS - 8, my sister, my nephew - 2, and my mom. My DH, brother, and sister's boyfriend may join us depending on their work schedules. We are looking at ASMo or POR, depending on any discounts or pins. Will post when things are more concrete.
I have you added to the first post. If anything changes, let me know and I will get it edited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting my 7 month window to book a resort... :D fingers crossed I can get a standard studio - if not thinking OKW and saving points for a Savannah view in Jan 14 with the kids... I swear my ideas change daily - I really need to book!

I really should write a TR from our December trip too- it was so great I am still just sad it's over...
I'm with you on the changes daily. I keep going back and forth on if our whole family is going, just me and DH going, or all of us going on a non-Disney cruise. It's just too expensive for a family of 5 to go to WDW every year... even though we'd love to. Our hope is that we're moved to Florida before October so flights won't be an issue and we'd just stay on property for 4-5 nights. (Edited to add that we're from Michigan, which might make this story make more sense.)

I'd totally read your trip report!

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #123
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have you added to the first post. If anything changes, let me know and I will get it edited!

I'm with you on the changes daily. I keep going back and forth on if our whole family is going, just me and DH going, or all of us going on a non-Disney cruise. It's just too expensive for a family of 5 to go to WDW every year... even though we'd love to. Our hope is that we're moved to Florida before October so flights won't be an issue and we'd just stay on property for 4-5 nights. (Edited to add that we're from Michigan, which might make this story make more sense.)

I'd totally read your trip report!
Once we book our room I will stop flip flopping

Airfare is so hard. We are in Northern NH and feel that one! We are hoping to get to NC and drive as well. We have some pretty big plans for selling, transfers and promotions or Megamillions
Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #124
Chrystyna
Earning My Ears

We will be there Oct 20 - 27th :D
Chrystyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #125
sarahkate60120
Earning My Ears

Bummer

Looks like we won't get to go this October after all. My daughter's cochlear implant has failed and she will need to be reimplanted which means our Disney money will be going to the hospital to cover our portion of the bills.

She took the news like a champ and said, That's ok, we can go for my 9th birthday instead."
sarahkate60120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #126
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate60120 View Post
Looks like we won't get to go this October after all. My daughter's cochlear implant has failed and she will need to be reimplanted which means our Disney money will be going to the hospital to cover our portion of the bills.

She took the news like a champ and said, That's ok, we can go for my 9th birthday instead."
awww. Pixie dust for a good surgery!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #127
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate60120

I'm sorry. However what an awesome little girl you have - not only dealing with medical procedures but to be so awesome and say that. I'm sure it's not easy to tell her, but helps when she gives you such a mature and positive response. Good job mom!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #128
sarahkate60120
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I'm sorry. However what an awesome little girl you have - not only dealing with medical procedures but to be so awesome and say that. I'm sure it's not easy to tell her, but helps when she gives you such a mature and positive response. Good job mom!
So proud of her. She is an amazing child. She was 19 months old when I adopted her and she has has 10 different surgeries in the last 5 1/2 years with several more on the near and far horizon.She really has such a great attitude about life in general and such a wonderful spirit.
sarahkate60120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #129
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate60120

So proud of her. She is an amazing child. She was 19 months old when I adopted her and she has has 10 different surgeries in the last 5 1/2 years with several more on the near and far horizon.She really has such a great attitude about life in general and such a wonderful spirit.
She sounds amazing. I hope you guys get to WDW sooner than later. :
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #130
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystyna View Post
We will be there Oct 20 - 27th :D
I have you added to the first page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate60120 View Post

Aww, I'm so sorry that you aren't going. I agree with others, you have an amazing little girl with a great attitude. Best of luck with her surgery and hopefully you'll get to the World soon!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #131
BLeeS
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I have you added to the first page!

Aww, I'm so sorry that you aren't going. I agree with others, you have an amazing little girl with a great attitude. Best of luck with her surgery and hopefully you'll get to the World soon!
We are headed to WDW Oct 13-19, our kids first time to DisneywWorld, followed by a 7 day Fantasy Disney Cruise!!!!! We are renting DVC points for our stay at Animal Kingdom. Having cruised with Disney before, I feel comfortable with that part of our trip, but the WDW part, makes me very nervous! From ADR's, Character Experiences, Park hoppers, Fast Pass....it's crazy!!!!!! I look forward to sharing in your planning experiences, thanks!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #132
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeeS View Post
We are headed to WDW Oct 13-19, our kids first time to DisneywWorld, followed by a 7 day Fantasy Disney Cruise!!!!! We are renting DVC points for our stay at Animal Kingdom. Having cruised with Disney before, I feel comfortable with that part of our trip, but the WDW part, makes me very nervous! From ADR's, Character Experiences, Park hoppers, Fast Pass....it's crazy!!!!!! I look forward to sharing in your planning experiences, thanks!
I have you added to the first post! That sounds like such an exciting vacation! We are definitely here if you need help!!!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:52 AM   #133
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Change of Dates....

After flight prices for our trip were released, we had to have a change of date. They were RIDICULOUSLY priced. By shifting 3 days, we saved £2000! So instead of departing on 26th October and returning on the 9th November, we're now flying out on the 29th and back on the 12th, which means we just about make it into the October thread!

I think the problem with trips from the UK is that there are only 3 direct flights, one with BA and two with Virgin. Because flying economy would leave my DW and I in pain for days on arrival we have to fly P.E. which narrows down availability a lot. We managed to get P.E. with BA on the 29th though!

Now on to working out our ADR's ready for April when we can finally book them!

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #134
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post
After flight prices for our trip were released, we had to have a change of date. They were RIDICULOUSLY priced. By shifting 3 days, we saved £2000! So instead of departing on 26th October and returning on the 9th November, we're now flying out on the 29th and back on the 12th, which means we just about make it into the October thread!

I think the problem with trips from the UK is that there are only 3 direct flights, one with BA and two with Virgin. Because flying economy would leave my DW and I in pain for days on arrival we have to fly P.E. which narrows down availability a lot. We managed to get P.E. with BA on the 29th though!

Now on to working out our ADR's ready for April when we can finally book them!
That's a pretty big savings! I have the first page updated. Where are some of your "must have" ADR's?

Old 01-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #135
jennytmitch
Earning My Ears

We are planning to go 10/06 to 10/13 staying at POR!

This will be our family's third trip. 2008 @ ASMovies, 2010 @ Pop.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: