Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #526
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyC View Post
First WDW and first USA trip for me and my DD 14 and DS 8 Going to FrenchQuarter 18th Oct-1st Nov

We have free QS dining and are busy getting all the tips we can from this fabulous site! Too excited for Oct 2013!!

We arrive on the 18th, too.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #527
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyC
First WDW and first USA trip for me and my DD 14 and DS 8 Going to FrenchQuarter 18th Oct-1st Nov

We have free QS dining and are busy getting all the tips we can from this fabulous site! Too excited for Oct 2013!!
We arrive on the 18th too! Right now POR, but POFQ is our backup resort.

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #528
AllyC
Earning My Ears

The 18th Oct is obviously a great day to arrive then!
I choose POFQ over POR as this site explained it was better for first timers! I think we are going to be totally overwhelmed on arrival so I think the smaller the resort the better!

If it wasn't for this site I don't think I would have such a good idea of what to expect. We live in rural Wales over an hour from the nearest small city! So I think we are in for a shock but a wonderful one!

What do people think about the MNMHP ? Do you think it is something I should do?
AllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #529
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I choose POFQ over POR as this site explained it was better for first timers! I think we are going to be totally overwhelmed on arrival so I think the smaller the resort the better!

If it wasn't for this site I don't think I would have such a good idea of what to expect. We live in rural Wales over an hour from the nearest small city! So I think we are in for a shock but a wonderful one!

What do people think about the MNMHP ? Do you think it is something I should do?
MNSSHP is AWESOME! If you have the money to do it, I HIGHLY recommend it. My costume for this year is already done. DS's is almost complete, too.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #530
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The beauty of POR and POFQ is that the two resorts share amenities too! My DS7 is looking forward to using the pool with the sea serpent slide at least once while we are there, while I am looking forward to some Beignets! I like the quaintness/size of POFQ, but the look of the mansion rooms at POR, sop POR won out for us (for now). Both look like a perfect way to escape from the WDW crowds, we are definitely looking forward to some relaxing resort time, maybe pole fishing at Ole' Man Island, campfires, carriage ride between the two resorts, boat to DTD, etc.

We are also planning to go to MNSSHP, either 10/22 or 10/24. It's the whole reason why we are planning an October trip. I can't wait for the party!

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #531
stnet
Mouseketeer

Can't wait!! Arriving Oct 5th and staying until the 12th at Bay Lake Towers. Really looking forward to the Food and Wine Festival again!!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #532
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - 10/21

Hey, y'all... I just freed up a spot at BBB at 1:00 on Sunday, October 21st if anyone wants to scoop it up. Decided my 3yo DD is just too young right now to justify the money. Originally signed her up because we're doing CRT that evening for the first time but decided to do Pirates League a different day instead along with my other two DS's.

AND, on a separate note... I waited forever on the BBB call line the other day but discovered today that the WDW Dining phone line can access BBB and Pirates League, too. That was a time saver, and the gal I talked to was really helpful!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #533
That's So Raven
Mouseketeer

I just figured out where my family is staying, so we will be staying at the Polynesian resort Oct 9th-17th. I'm excited.
That's So Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #534
kmw443
Earning My Ears

Oct 25- Nov 5... Originally planning a 7 day trip, but then the most amazing thing happened.. There's a work conference from the 25th-29th, at Beach Club, with SEVERELY discounted rates!!! And, I can get reimbursed for a portion of it! So basically, 3 nights at Beach Club (our first Deluxe), for free, during Food & Wine. How's that for a little Pixie Dust to start things off right!!

After our 3 nights at Beach Club, we will mosey over to a moderate- likely POR- for the remainder of the stay.

As if the free factor wasn't enough, we will be celebrating our son's first trip (he will be 17 m/o at the time), and me finally completing a major licensing exam.

Haven't been able to do anything other than Disney planning since I booked it- too excited!!!!

kmw443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #535
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Finally completed final plans. We were going to stay for 6 weeks of F&W but that has been scaled back to 4 weeks because we have some things we have to do at home. Staying mostly offsite from 9/27 to 10/25 in time shares but also staying a few nights in BWI and SOG to avoid drives after F&W. All reservations made, rooms booked and paid for and flights booked.

Have no interest in dining plan this trip because of F&W - if we decide to eat we have had good luck doing walk ups the last four trips.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #536
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Head's Up! For anyone who is planning to attend the Epcot Food & Wine Fest during their October vacation, Disney Parks Blog has a patial list of this year's special events:http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-world-resort/

Reservations for special events begin on 8/13.

Last edited by crazy4wdw; 06-12-2013 at 11:13 AM.
crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #537
babynala
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the information about the food and wine festival. Wish we were going a different week in October but my kids have a few days off at the end of the week so we will be arriving Oct 12 and staying until the 20th.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #538
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
..Hello Everyone!

I am your hostess, L-Harper, and I will be with your here at The Official October 2013 Thread as we embark on our amazing vacations to Walt Disney World! When you join us, please tell us your dates of travel, the resort you're staying at (optional), and if you're celebrating anything special! I will keep a {nearly} daily updated list.

*Note: This thread was merged with another thread so that's why the first 6 or so pages are a bit wonky.*

October 2013 DISers

11-16 ~ Eoywin (Art of Animation)
12-19 ~ brettcw23 (?)
13-19 ~ BLeeS (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - Children's First WDW Vacation!
14-20 ~ teetee830 (Beach Club)
15-20 ~ grinder6 (Grand Villa) - Wife & Daughter's First WDW Vacation!
16-21 ~ dollpens (?) - DH & DD's First WDW Vacation!
17-20 ~ PRmamiPEdos (Boardwalk or Beach Club) - Happy Anniversary!
15-20 ~ Tallent (Sarasota Springs)
17-21 ~ QDinFL (Art of Animation)

Please add me to the list Oct 14th 19th! -Staying Offsite

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)

Last edited by Nakkira; 06-20-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #539
mickeymomof3girls
Earning My Ears

Please add us to the list

October 2-13 port Orleans riverside celebrating our daughters birthdays --our twins turn 10 in sept and our oldest turns 12 in November so we are going between both . Our 2nd trip to the world!!
mickeymomof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #540
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

Our family is going from Oct. 27 - Nov. 6. We still haven't nailed down where we are staying. I'm a bit of a resort waffler. This trip will be a belated first birthday and also the first WDW experience for our youngest kiddo.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: