Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #511
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
Hi all! Hoping to get some feedback on 2 different schedules for our trip, we're not sure which to go with? It is the 1st trip for both kiddos, and we want a mix of touring and RD combined with taking it easy and smelling the roses + extras. Here are the two options we are considering, which would you do? We have some ADRs doubled on different days, so we are hoping to nail things down, especially on MNSSHP.

18- arrival
19- HS (no Fantasmic!)
20- AK (1st for all)
21- EPCOT WS (Illuminations)
22- off day, Bayou Pirate Adventure, spa day, dinner ADR
23- EPCOT FW
24- MK, break, MK BBB/PL, MNSSHP
25- sleep in, 'Ohana bfast, Fantasmic! Dining package & show
26- MK
27- departure

Original plan, but now concerned about 10/24 MNSSHP crowds potentially.

OR

18-21 same
22- MK, break, MK BBB/PL, MNSSHP
23- sleep in, off day, spa day (no BPA)
24- EPCOT FW
25-27 same

Bummed about no BPA and having "off days" on 10/23 and 10/25 - would be nice to have more spacing between. But like the idea of less crowds on Tuesday MNSSHP.

Over planning, yes I am. TIA!
In my view - there is no such thing as over planning! I love planning!

I thought I'd let you know what really worked for us on party days - we don't hit Rope Drop. We relax, enjoy our resort, spend bunches of time at the gift shop and then go out for a really nice lunch. Then sometime after 4pm head over to MK.
Last year on a Tuesday we rode every ride and still saw the special party shows from 4pm until 11pm. We were all wiped out but had a great time!
The next day we slept in, went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and then went to AK - a park that isn't so necessary to hit rope drop.

I'm guessing you already have your BBB/PL reservations? Will you have time to have lunch before those reservations? or after? You don't want to 'waste' party time eating dinner but you'll need to eat! LOL Better to have a big lunch and then snack or eat candy during the party!
I hope you find this helpful!
LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #512
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

You can add us for CBR 10/18-10/26 with FREE DINING!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #513
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
In my view - there is no such thing as over planning! I love planning!

I thought I'd let you know what really worked for us on party days - we don't hit Rope Drop. We relax, enjoy our resort, spend bunches of time at the gift shop and then go out for a really nice lunch. Then sometime after 4pm head over to MK.
Last year on a Tuesday we rode every ride and still saw the special party shows from 4pm until 11pm. We were all wiped out but had a great time!
The next day we slept in, went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and then went to AK - a park that isn't so necessary to hit rope drop.

I'm guessing you already have your BBB/PL reservations? Will you have time to have lunch before those reservations? or after? You don't want to 'waste' party time eating dinner but you'll need to eat! LOL Better to have a big lunch and then snack or eat candy during the party!
I hope you find this helpful!
Oh, thanks for replying! We (currently) have BBB/PL reservations for 3 different party days (over-planner alert). We'll cancel the 2 days we don't go to MNSSHP at some point. The latest PL we could get on any date was 3:30 pm though, all days we're considering - they haven't opened up later times yet and DS is set on being a cursed pirate for the party...

To all y'all out there, we'll likely be cancelling BBB/PL for 10/25 very soon, ruling out Friday for MNSSHP!!! So if you are looking for that, keep calling!!!

I'm not sure though if we should go in the AM until about 11 am then scoot to the resort for a spell (on what ever day we decide), and then return around 3 pm, or maybe go at say 1 or 2 and make a long day of it? We're also just thinking Cosmic Ray's after BBB/PL make-overs @ 5 pm.

Question: How was it going to bfast the next morning? We have 'Ohana ADRs for a late bfast on Friday, but I don't want to push the kiddos too far. The rest of the day would be pretty chill, with Fantasmic! Dining package at MM around 3:30 (F! at 7:30). I guess if we go for the Tuesday party, we might be hitting EPCOT the next day, so this could be a mute point. See what I mean, crazy!

We're adding 2 days to our 5-day pass, 1 day for our F! "dinner show" night, so to us it's really not to crazy for the extra $$ pp for just a 2-3 hours of park time for those days in the grand scheme of it all. We figured if did a dinner show like Cirque, it would be more $$ than adding 1 day to our pass + dinner!

Thanks for letting me continue with the crazy talk!

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #514
sammyjo1871
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post

Did you get a PIN? I so want that magical email to show up in my inbox.

Me DS6

sammyjo1871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #515
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjo1871 View Post

Something like that

Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #516
MizSassy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjo1871 View Post
Me too! I'm thinking there is trick that I don't know....
Old 05-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #517
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizSassy View Post

Me too! I'm thinking there is trick that I don't know....
I do too! What the heck...there has to be some sort of pattern.
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #518
maciaslovesdisney
Keep Calm and Go to Disney World

CSR October 13-19 Disneymoon Whoop Whoop!!!!
DW Music- March 1998/DW Off Site- May 1999/DW Music- March 2000/DW Off site- May 2002 (graduation trip)/*What can I say College isn't cheap!?*/DL Off site- June 2008/DW- Off site- June 2010/DW- POP Century- May 2011/DL Off site- March 2012/DW Off site- March 2013
maciaslovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #519
ph-mtl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Something like that

We received an e-mail on Wednesday with a Pin Code for Free
Dining for Oct 18th. We will be doing a split stay as we will be arriving on
the 15th of October.
ph-mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #520
lesos69
Lesos

Headed down October 24th. Staying at Hard Rock Universal for 2 nights, then 7 nights at the Poly with the Free Dining Pin! We are taking our Niece who turns 16 that moth for her first trip to Orlando. It is a surprise for her.

Can't wait

April 2007 Pop Century Disney Wonder Jan 2012
April 2008 Carribbean Beach
April 2009 Wilderness Lodge
December 2009 Beach Club
June 2010 Disneyland
lesos69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #521
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:

Argh! So jealous, but yay!

The DBF and I are planning a trip for Oct. 27- Nov. 1. It's a little last-minute, but having just come back from a May trip, we're both itching to go back and get a little more out of things.

Small question- it's a little obvious there's no free dining for Oct by the looks of it, but does anyone know if Disney is planning a deal for the end of Oct? Personally I'd rather just do a package through them then be buying things left and right for the trip, but if not I'll be getting crafty over here.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #522
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Argh! So jealous, but yay!

The DBF and I are planning a trip for Oct. 27- Nov. 1. It's a little last-minute, but having just come back from a May trip, we're both itching to go back and get a little more out of things.

Small question- it's a little obvious there's no free dining for Oct by the looks of it, but does anyone know if Disney is planning a deal for the end of Oct? Personally I'd rather just do a package through them then be buying things left and right for the trip, but if not I'll be getting crafty over here.
Too early to tell if there will be packages/room offers for Oct. People have recieved FD pins for the time of your trip. Traditionally GP FD offers for fall are not released until mid summer.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #523
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

It is highly unlikely that free dining will be offered for those dates. You may get lucky with a room discount, but the October deals will not be released until July or even August.
I didn't realize there could be a RO discount for the October blackout weeks if no FD was offered. I kind of thought they went hand-in-hand. Our stay is currently scheduled for 10/8-10/14 due to great airfare we got, but I'm pretty settled on switching to a 10/18 start date instead if FD comes out (and if SW puts on a good sale again). They sometimes offer RO that time of year without FD being offered?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #524
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Too early to tell if there will be packages/room offers for Oct. People have recieved FD pins for the time of your trip. Traditionally GP FD offers for fall are not released until mid summer.
I figured it was too early. Everyone is all about the summer deals right now with the free dining for Sept, and we're not going to bump up our date just for that.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #525
AllyC
Earning My Ears

First WDW and first USA trip for me and my DD 14 and DS 8 Going to FrenchQuarter 18th Oct-1st Nov

We have free QS dining and are busy getting all the tips we can from this fabulous site! Too excited for Oct 2013!!
AllyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: