Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #256
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfGoofy View Post
Thank you for sharing. We have requested 8B, its close to a bus stop and the main pool, but we are afraid of getting like Ranchos 7A, it doesn't look to be close to anything.
You're welcome! Best of luck to you! Yeah, the Ranchos are quite a ways back there. Needless to say, I'd go back to CBR just for the beautiful resort! The quick service restaurant/buffet is a bit strange, but very good food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro305 View Post
Parks hours are typically released about 180 days ahead of time, so park hours for October should be released around mid-April.

Yup! This is exactly what I was going to say.

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #257
Shawnakemp2
Earning My Ears

We're going in Oct!

Officially have made decisions. The extended family vaca is Oct 3-13. It will be myself,husband,3 kids,grandparents,one uncle,one lone cousin.
It was suppose to be 5-13 but discovered Tower of Terror ten miler is that weekend so will be leaving early .

3-6 are going to be at pop
7-13 star Island

Who ho only 8 months to go!
Shawnakemp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #258
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnakemp2 View Post
Officially have made decisions. The extended family vaca is Oct 3-13. It will be myself,husband,3 kids,grandparents,one uncle,one lone cousin.
It was suppose to be 5-13 but discovered Tower of Terror ten miler is that weekend so will be leaving early .

3-6 are going to be at pop
7-13 star Island

Who ho only 8 months to go!
to the group! I have added you to the first post. I just Googled Star Island because I've never heard of it before and WOW! I'm really glad you posted it. It looks amazing and the prices are even better!!! I think that place may very well be the winner for us! Our trip in October will just be me and DH. I've been looking for a good off-site hotel/resort that is cheaper than staying in a value on property.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #259
dreamscometrue101
Mouseketeer

Booked a Bounceback

Before leaving POP last month I booked a bounceback offer!

Heading back to the World, October 20 to 26. Going solo but meeting up with friends.

First time travelling without hubby or kids.

I can't wait!

dreamscometrue101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #260
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Headed back Sept 28-Oct 6...this is a girls only trip with 4 ladies I met through DISboards! We have never met, but been together for over 2 years. We call ourselves the OCD Princess planners...see link to out joint PTR in my siggie below! We don't know yet where we are staying...it's an OCD planning thing trying to get best deal! We are running the Tower of Terror 10 mile!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #261
MercMom
Earning My Ears

Finally heading back to WDW

October 18th-27th at Poly with DH, DS6 and DD2. First time trip for our kids...planning to surprise them the week before we go if I can hold it in that long. Also going are my parents and possibly my in-laws

MercMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #262
princessesintraining
Mouseketeer

Count us in for October 5-12! We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and hoping for some kind of discount to bring the price down! We are celebrating my mom's 60th birthday, my birthday, DD's 9th, and DD's 6th! Yes, 3 of us have October birthdays and 1 mid November. I could also celebrate my 11th wedding anniversary, but DH is not going, so we can have a girls trip.
princessesintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #263
DaniMoon
Mouseketeer

We are going October 2-11. Me, DH, DS5 and DD6. It will be our little ones first trip. We've been a few times with our older son (19). First time onsite, we are staying in a LM room at AoA.

Excited and overwhelmed. So many things to think about beforehand, like ADRs (planning on just 3 or 4). And FastPass+ has me totally confused but I have plenty of time to figure it out with the help of DISboards.
DaniMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #264
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Headed back Sept 28-Oct 6...this is a girls only trip with 4 ladies I met through DISboards! We have never met, but been together for over 2 years. We call ourselves the OCD Princess planners...see link to out joint PTR in my siggie below! We don't know yet where we are staying...it's an OCD planning thing trying to get best deal! We are running the Tower of Terror 10 mile!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercMom View Post
Finally heading back to WDW

October 18th-27th at Poly with DH, DS6 and DD2. First time trip for our kids...planning to surprise them the week before we go if I can hold it in that long. Also going are my parents and possibly my in-laws
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessesintraining View Post
Count us in for October 5-12! We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and hoping for some kind of discount to bring the price down! We are celebrating my mom's 60th birthday, my birthday, DD's 9th, and DD's 6th! Yes, 3 of us have October birthdays and 1 mid November. I could also celebrate my 11th wedding anniversary, but DH is not going, so we can have a girls trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMoon View Post
We are going October 2-11. Me, DH, DS5 and DD6. It will be our little ones first trip. We've been a few times with our older son (19). First time onsite, we are staying in a LM room at AoA.

Excited and overwhelmed. So many things to think about beforehand, like ADRs (planning on just 3 or 4). And FastPass+ has me totally confused but I have plenty of time to figure it out with the help of DISboards.
to all of you! It's so exciting to see our thread growing so much! I have added all of you to the first post.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #265
baylie666
Mouseketeer

Just looked on the first page and have seen that people have special occasions they are celebrating while out there.
Well when we go it is My Nan's 80th birthday and my sister birthday too!!!
October 2016 - AoA Cars Suite for 3 weeks
~~~~~~~~~~~~

baylie666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #266
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylie666 View Post
Just looked on the first page and have seen that people have special occasions they are celebrating while out there.
Well when we go it is My Nan's 80th birthday and my sister birthday too!!!
I have added your celebration to the first post!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #267
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

October at DW!!!

Planning a trip for October 5th - 10th and staying at Art of Animation. Hoping for a deal though to upgrade to a Deluxe resort. We have 5 in the family, still young enough to share a single room, but it limits our options.

Very excited to start the details of planning!

Edit.... just changed the room to the Poly. Still hoping for a "deal" though, of course.

Last edited by SlightlyocdDisneyfan; 02-10-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: information changed
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #268
sammyjo1871
Mouseketeer

Please add us in! My DS6 and I will be heading back for our 2nd trip, October 19-26. We're staying at CBR, which I'm so excited to try out. We plan on going to MNSSHP, and want to book ADRs for 'Ohana breakfast & Tusker House breakfast so far. I'm going crazy waiting for Southwest to open their flight schedules, so I can get another part of the trip set and paid for.

Me DS6

sammyjo1871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #269
GirlOutlaw
Mouseketeer

My little family has to travel to VA for a wedding and since we would be traveling across country already hubby just mentions "why not hop down to disney for 5 days before coming home" !!!! No dates or stays booked yet but I am all ready excited about this possibility!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #270
piratemamaof3
wields a plunger like a magic wand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlOutlaw View Post
My little family has to travel to VA for a wedding and since we would be traveling across country already hubby just mentions "why not hop down to disney for 5 days before coming home" !!!! No dates or stays booked yet but I am all ready excited about this possibility!
This made me giggle b/c I live in VA and by no way would I think of "hopping down to Fla" it's not all that close. LOL But I guess if you are traveling from the other coast (not sure where you live) then yes it would be closer. Hope you enjoy your time in VA. What general are will you be in?

May 3-10 '09 wonderful 1st family trip at Pop Century.

Ready to take over Halloween at CBR
piratemamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: