Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #136
3monkeymomma
Earning My Ears

I think we are going to have to post pone our October trip. DH is in the military and found out last week he's supposed to be posted to a ship that is going overseas for 6 months and he leaves in June. He should have more details by the end of the month. We are not sure when we will go. i'd like to go as soon as possible once he gets home, but i'm worried about flights cancelled here because of bad weather, and I don't want to go during spring break.
3monkeymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #137
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeymomma
I think we are going to have to post pone our October trip. DH is in the military and found out last week he's supposed to be posted to a ship that is going overseas for 6 months and he leaves in June. He should have more details by the end of the month. We are not sure when we will go. i'd like to go as soon as possible once he gets home, but i'm worried about flights cancelled here because of bad weather, and I don't want to go during spring break.
I'm sorry to hear that you have to change plans, but Thank you to your husband for his dedication and service for our country, hopefully y'all will be able to have a magical trip soon
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #138
piratemamaof3
wields a plunger like a magic wand

It has been almost 4 yrs since our last trip and we are now planning our second trip back in Oct. If my parents go we will stay in Pop Century again if not we are looking at PO. WE haven't booked yet for a lot of different reasons but this is our goal to go early Oct. Here's hoping there is a deal like free dining during that time.

May 3-10 '09 wonderful 1st family trip at Pop Century.

Ready to take over Halloween at CBR

Last edited by piratemamaof3; 01-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.
piratemamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #139
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennytmitch View Post
We are planning to go 10/06 to 10/13 staying at POR!

This will be our family's third trip. 2008 @ ASMovies, 2010 @ Pop.
I have you added to the first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeymomma View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that your trip might be cancelled and that your husband will be gone for so long. Thank you to him and your family for his service and all of your sacrifice. Just let us know! I will edit the first page once you know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemamaof3 View Post
It has been almost 4 yrs since our last trip and we are now planning our second trip back in Oct. If my parents go we will stay in Pop Century again if not we are looking at PO. WE haven't booked yet for a lot of different reasons but this is our goal to go early Oct. Here's hoping there is a deal like free dining during that time.
I have you added to the first page! Let me know when you have more solid plans so I can get you moved up from the "unknown dates". We're here if you need any planning help!

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #140
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
That's a pretty big savings! I have the first page updated. Where are some of your "must have" ADR's?
We only have 2 absolute must have ADRs, Crystal Palace Breakfast and Yachtsman Dinner. There are a bunch that we are considering/arguing about though!

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #141
piratemamaof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
We are TOTAL Disney newbies, planning a trip Oct 19-27 to celebrate my 40th birthday! None of our details are finalized yet.
I also will be 40 next year. I, sadly, have no major plans so here's hoping any extra $$ can go towards Disney. Works for me.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #142
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

My dates are from Sept 28 to Oct 5 (sorry for the confusion in my original post)
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #143
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! We are going to be crossing over into Oct so I think this would be a great planning group to join! I was on another thread that got closed, so I need a new home!

We are going to be traveling Sept 26-Oct 6. The plan is to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek from the 26th to the 3rd and then get on the Dream for three nights.
This is my family...

This was taken this past Oct. We will be celebrating our 16th Anniversary...sort of. It's in Oct so, close enough!

I will start a PTR soon...still writing our TR from Oct.

ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #144
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
Hi everyone! We are going to be crossing over into Oct so I think this would be a great planning group to join! I was on another thread that got closed, so I need a new home!

We are going to be traveling Sept 26-Oct 6. The plan is to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek from the 26th to the 3rd and then get on the Dream for three nights.
This is my family...

This was taken this past Oct. We will be celebrating our 16th Anniversary...sort of. It's in Oct so, close enough!

I will start a PTR soon...still writing our TR from Oct.
I have you added to the first post! Your vacation sure does sound amazing!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #145
lmbraun
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemamaof3

I also will be 40 next year. I, sadly, have no major plans so here's hoping any extra $$ can go towards Disney. Works for me.
We are going 10-29 through 11-5 to celebrate my 40th as well! If you're gonna turn 40- why not do it at the happiest place on earth! So excited!
lmbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #146
piratemamaof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbraun View Post
We are going 10-29 through 11-5 to celebrate my 40th as well! If you're gonna turn 40- why not do it at the happiest place on earth! So excited!
I agree! mine is earlier in the year in April so we can't make it then but I can consider it a late birthday. Maybe when they ask if I am celebrating anything I will say that!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #147
piratemamaof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
What ADR's is everyone planning? !
DH one request is for Tusker house breakfast again. I liked Crystal Palace hower really want to eat something in Be our Guest as well. It just looks really cool. Honestly the DSs didn't offer a openion. If we go w/ my parents again I will pose it to them and see if we can each pick one place new or a repeat.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #148
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbraun View Post
I have you added to the first post! Celebrating a birthday in WDW would be so fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemamaof3 View Post
DH one request is for Tusker house breakfast again. I liked Crystal Palace hower really want to eat something in Be our Guest as well. It just looks really cool. Honestly the DSs didn't offer a openion. If we go w/ my parents again I will pose it to them and see if we can each pick one place new or a repeat.
We went to Tusker House on our first trip in Sept. 2011. We absolutely loved it! Great character interaction, awesome service, and really yummy different food with standard items if you so chose. We really want to try lunch the next time we go there. I haven't done DP yet and I'm totally with you on BOG!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #149
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

We love Tusker House for lunch. We discovered it in 2009 and went back again in 2011. We love all the different salads and all the spiced meats.

It should be interesting now that lunch has characters as well.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #150
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
We love Tusker House for lunch. We discovered it in 2009 and went back again in 2011. We love all the different salads and all the spiced meats.

It should be interesting now that lunch has characters as well.
Have you ever tried Boma? I absolutely LOVE it. Is the food similar to Tusker House?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: