Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
bostonberry
Earning My Ears

I can't do two queen beds in one room My kids won't lay down and go to sleep with hubby and I present in the room...

Plus, when I read how long it'll take to get from AOA to park entrances I'm not impressed. While one might spend extra $$ to stay on-site looks like we'll spend it on parking/car

One bedroom (at least) is a must have. I think we'll be happy at Cypress Harbour or Royal Palms.
bostonberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #17
3kidsfordis
Mouseketeer

Marriott's Harbour Lakes is across the street (I believe)from Marriott's Cypress Harbour. It is very geared toward little kids-- if you can get the same time share rates there.
3kidsfordis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #18
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Staying on site is a totally different experience then off site. We stayed off site our first time and decided we would stay on site for future trips.

We're you looking at family suites in the value resorts? That would be the only way to not be in the same room with the kids for bed time. Or a 1 bedroom DVC villa.

Another possibility is looking at the Downtown Disney Doubletree. They are all suites. While not a Disney property and not the same perks as a wdw resort, they are in the DTD area, and have very good park transportation. Their park busses run every 30 min. So you wouldn't have to rent a car. And you'd be close to the magic. They have good discounts sometimes on Mousesavers.com. We stayed 1 night here Pre WDW package and got a great rate that included continental breakfast bar.

One of the conveniences we like about staying on site is the ability and ease of going back to our resort for a mid day break, then returning to a park later on. Very hard to do off site.

I don't know what you read about time, but no park is more then a 20 or 25 min bus ride away from your resort. Most are just a 10 or 15 min ride.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
merc442
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonberry View Post
Buying a "Getaway" through a family member who owns timeshare with Interval International. $527 for the week plus a $50 fee, $577 for the week
Thanks for getting back to me. Now time to contact some family members!
merc442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: