Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Touring plans.com now has a Universal Orlando section and a crowds and ride app
Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcguire View Post
I downloaded Undercover Tourist today, and not only was it missing Despicable Me and Transformers, it was showing a wait time for Jaws. I thought that closed last year??
Me too! This is the free android version... No despicable me, no transformers... But jaws has a 10 minute wait! Lol

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #18
rottiemom
DIS Veteran

OK, I was hoping that I was being a smart cookie trying to guage wait times from now by using an app (trying to plan my attack for August). Mine says Undercover Tourist and has the picture of the frog with the hat. (and yes, 10 minute wait time for Jaws...no Dispicable Me ).

When life hands you lemons, turn them into sour mix & make a pitcher of glowtinis.

"Is there pixie dust on the Darkside?" cramming SW/AQ/OU/IOA/LL into five days PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...8#post49023778
rottiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #19
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiemom View Post
OK, I was hoping that I was being a smart cookie trying to guage wait times from now by using an app (trying to plan my attack for August). Mine says Undercover Tourist and has the picture of the frog with the hat. (and yes, 10 minute wait time for Jaws...no Dispicable Me ).
I have the same one... I sent them an email about it... Since I just downloaded it, I know It doesn't need to be updated lol

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 07-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #20
rottiemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
I have the same one... I sent them an email about it... Since I just downloaded it, I know It doesn't need to be updated lol
I just downloaded mine too, just last week .

I have tried repeatedly to download the touringplans app (red T) but in spite of it saying "installed" I always get an error message saying that it has stopped unexpectedly. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling but still get the same error. I have never been able to open it.

I have an android phone btw.

Jaws is still only 10 minutes so it's great to know that we can pretty much walk right on (and into the water where the ride used to be )

When life hands you lemons, turn them into sour mix & make a pitcher of glowtinis.

"Is there pixie dust on the Darkside?" cramming SW/AQ/OU/IOA/LL into five days PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...8#post49023778
rottiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #21
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiemom View Post

I just downloaded mine too, just last week .

I have tried repeatedly to download the touringplans app (red T) but in spite of it saying "installed" I always get an error message saying that it has stopped unexpectedly. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling but still get the same error. I have never been able to open it.

I have an android phone btw.

Jaws is still only 10 minutes so it's great to know that we can pretty much walk right on (and into the water where the ride used to be )
I haven't tried any other apps... I put my disney experience on, and then the two for wdw and us from UT... I just like planning even though my trip is months away... Btw Epcot is green today, with only a 100 minute wait for toy story... So glad I am not there in those crowds and heat today! I will post if I hear back about jaws running and despicable me missing!! Lol

Old 07-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #22
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

Ride Hopper has one, but it does rely on guests adding their wait times, so frequently doesn't have anything.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #23
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

This is the response I got from UT... I am in the process of following these steps now and will report back!

Of course we're supporting new rides in our apps! We haven't had a chance to update our map images, but rides will appear in the correct location on the map. We have already updated our data feeds with wait times and more; importing the new data into the app is accomplished with a data reset of the app.

I've included directions to perform a data reset on Android below. Please note that many Android phones have slightly different implementations and terminology or menus on your phone might not be an exact match in the directions.

1. Open Settings, select Date and time
2. Disable Automatic date and time
3. Set the date to one which is far in the past, Jan 1st, 2010
4. From the Settings menu, select Applications, then Manage Applications and select Disney World by UndercoverTourist
5. Select Force Stop, then select OK
6. Open the Disney World by UndercoverTourist app. The app will display a screen that indicates it is configuring data. Please note that this will take several minutes. After the app has completed configuring data, the new Fantasyland attractions will be available.
7. Re-enable automatic date and time in Settings
8. From the Settings menu, select Applications, then Manage Applications and select Disney World by UndercoverTourist
9. Select Force Stop, then select OK
10. Open the Disney World by UndercoverTourist app, the correct data for today should now be available

For the Universal Studios app, follow the same steps above and select the Universal Studios app instead where the directions indicate the Disney World app.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: