Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
rhax07
New DVC Member

DCL Dream question

Does the Dine and Play happen at EVERY dinner on the second seating or just a select few nights? Also what are the age requirements for dine and play? Finally, i have seen different age requirements for the Oceaneer club/lab... I know it starts at 3 but what is the oldest age cut off? My DD(11) likes the idea of the Club Edge for tweens but still wants to go to the Oceaneer club/lab to be able to play with her brother(6).

Thank you!

2010 - Coronado Springs Resort
2011- AKV Kindani
2012- BLT & SSR
DVC Member (BLT) since 9/2010
rhax07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhax07 View Post
Does the Dine and Play happen at EVERY dinner on the second seating or just a select few nights? Also what are the age requirements for dine and play? Finally, i have seen different age requirements for the Oceaneer club/lab... I know it starts at 3 but what is the oldest age cut off? My DD(11) likes the idea of the Club Edge for tweens but still wants to go to the Oceaneer club/lab to be able to play with her brother(6).

Thank you!
Every night. And it's for any child who is eligible to go to the Club/Lab. Children who have check-in/check-out privileges don't necessarily HAVE to go with the CMs at that time since they could technically check themselves in!

It is for ages 3-12 so your daughter can go into the Club/Lab or the Edge. Different people have reported different things lately...some have said their child at age 11-12 have to CHOOSE which club they want to participate in and keep it the same all week (i.e. Club/Lab OR Edge) and others have said DCL has allowed their child to go back and forth between them. I would check when you get on board to see what this week's policy is!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
rhax07
New DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
Every night. And it's for any child who is eligible to go to the Club/Lab. Children who have check-in/check-out privileges don't necessarily HAVE to go with the CMs at that time since they could technically check themselves in!

It is for ages 3-12 so your daughter can go into the Club/Lab or the Edge. Different people have reported different things lately...some have said their child at age 11-12 have to CHOOSE which club they want to participate in and keep it the same all week (i.e. Club/Lab OR Edge) and others have said DCL has allowed their child to go back and forth between them. I would check when you get on board to see what this week's policy is!
Thank you, I will do that.

2011- AKV Kindani
2012- BLT & SSR
Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
gr8vthsfam
Mouseketeer

Just to add on; we had first seating with our 9.5 year old twins. After several days of sit down dinners at WDW prior to the cruise, they were simply tired of sitting through meals; yes even the amazing rests. on board! We kindly asked our server to bring the children's meals sooner and once they finished, one of us just walked them to the club. It is truly not far and the time it takes to do this is brief. (by the end of the cruise they were checking themselves in and out) Be sure to plan extra tip for your serving team though, they work so incredibly hard and I could imagine that if everyone started to request this, they could get very overwhelmed! Our servers were awesome though!

WDL '78
WDW '94
WDW '98 CBR
WDW '01 GF
WDW '06 GF
WDW '12 GF
DCL '12 Dream
WDW '12 YC
gr8vthsfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Parents have done the above for many years. Now, on late seating, the parent doesn't have to leave the dining room...

Dine and play is every night. Oceaneer's Lab is open to kids 3-12, The Edge is for kids 11-14, the Vibe is for kids 14-17. Yes, note the overlaps. This allows parents/kids to decide which setting best fits their child's developmental level. Roughly, the Lab is for elementary kids, Edge for middle school, Vibe for high school, but it is totally up to the parent where they place a child in the overlap ages.

It seems to vary whether kids can go back and forth or need to choose one program and stay there.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
rhax07
New DVC Member

I appreciate all the info/help...

THANKS!!!

2011- AKV Kindani
2012- BLT & SSR

Display Modes Rate This Thread