Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
tiggernpooh
Walt is my hero
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 105

Adventure Snorkel Tour on Sea Blaster

Has anyone done this excursion at St. Thomas? I can't seem to find any reviews on the boards here, I'd love to hear any comments on the boat and snokeling location.

Also, any good beaches near the dock at St. Thomas we could get to easily to spend the afternoon after our morning excursion?

Thanks!
__________________
Imagineer Wanna-Be
tiggernpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
HueyDeweyLouie
Earning My Ears
 
HueyDeweyLouie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Windy City Burb
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggernpooh View Post
Has anyone done this excursion at St. Thomas? I can't seem to find any reviews on the boards here, I'd love to hear any comments on the boat and snokeling location.

Also, any good beaches near the dock at St. Thomas we could get to easily to spend the afternoon after our morning excursion?

Thanks!
I'm ressurrecting this thread b/c I'm curious myself and couldn't find any more info from the Search function. What attracts me is the quick 15 min ride to Turtle Cove, compared to the other excursions that claim 40+ mins. I get motion sickness so I'm hoping the less travel time the better haha. Anyway does anybody have any feedback on this excursion?


FROM DCL's SITE

Duration: 3.5 to 4 Hours

On this tour you will:
•Take the short 5-minute walk down the pier to board the Sea Blaster! The Sea Blaster is designed to hit big waves so expect to get wet on this coastal siteseeing adventure.
•After boarding the 70-foot powerboat, you will receive a safety instruction and your snorkel gear. Then it’s off on an approximate 15-minute exhilarating power boat trip to the first snorkel site, Turtle Cove, where many sea turtles make thier homes.
•Next off to your second spot where the boat will cruise along the beautiful coastline to Christmas Cove, a private island between St. Thomas and St. John.

On this tour you will:
•Take the short 5-minute walk down the pier to board the Sea Blaster! The Sea Blaster is designed to hit big waves so expect to get wet on this coastal siteseeing adventure.
•After boarding the 70-foot powerboat, you will receive a safety instruction and your snorkel gear. Then it’s off on an approximate 15-minute exhilarating power boat trip to the first snorkel site, Turtle Cove, where many sea turtles make thier homes.
•Next off to your second spot where the boat will cruise along the beautiful coastline to Christmas Cove, a private island between St. Thomas and St. John. The snorkeling is perfect for both beginners and advanced snorkelers. These warm, Caribbean waters are abundant with tropical fish, stingrays and other sea life.
•Back on the boat, enjoy Caribbean music and the spectacular scenery of the coastline on your approximate 30-minute ride back to the pier. Complimentary fruit punch, rum punch and snacks will be served on the return trip.
•Arrive back at the pier and be dropped off for shopping or return to the ship.
HueyDeweyLouie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 AM   #3
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,388

Well here is something funny....I am reading this forum on my phone, not wearing my glasses. When I read the title of your post, I read it as Sea Baster, like a turkey baster!! For a split second I told myself "that is an interesting name, hmmmm...!!!"

Hopefully someone with some good info will respond and help you out with a recommendation.
__________________
Nov 2014 - 25th Anniversary Trip
Oct 2014 Another WONDERful cruise!
Oct 2013 Our first cruise ever! LOVED the Wonder!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #4
AKchristmasqueen
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 32

I just got home from our first cruise. We did that excursion on St Thomas. We really liked it, however, we did a similar tour in Hawaii in January but did it on a catamaran and that was better. The Sea Blaster boat is fairly small for the number of people - I like the catamaran for the space and being able to sit topside was great. The guides were fun and the scenery as you boat out to the cove was incredible.
AKchristmasqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
tiggernpooh
Walt is my hero
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 105

I'll have more info after next week

Ww leave for our March 23-30th Eastern cruise tomorrow! I'll let you know how the Sea Blaster excursion was when we return!
__________________
Imagineer Wanna-Be
tiggernpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
HueyDeweyLouie
Earning My Ears
 
HueyDeweyLouie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Windy City Burb
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggernpooh View Post
Ww leave for our March 23-30th Eastern cruise tomorrow! I'll let you know how the Sea Blaster excursion was when we return!
Excellent! Lookin forward to hearing more. Have a great trip.
HueyDeweyLouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
HueyDeweyLouie
Earning My Ears
 
HueyDeweyLouie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Windy City Burb
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggernpooh View Post
Ww leave for our March 23-30th Eastern cruise tomorrow! I'll let you know how the Sea Blaster excursion was when we return!

tiggernpooh,

Any update on your trip? How was the Sea Blaster excursion?
HueyDeweyLouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
tiggernpooh
Walt is my hero
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Quad Cities, IL
Posts: 105

Glad you reminded me about returning here to do my review.

The Sea Blaster didn't really "Blast" through the water like I thought we would, pretty disappointed there. We went to two places to snorkle, the first we saw turtles, which was neat, and the second we saw sting rays, a baracudda, and puffer fish (which all hung out under the boat because they set bait out) - but not much else. At both stops there were other boats making it seem crowded and I think they rushed to get us out because of the others. Both stops were very short, maybe 1/2 hour of snorkeling by the time we all got off the boat, at each stop. They guys and gal who ran it were great though, and the rum punch did flow pretty good at the end of the trip. In all, it was ok for the price, although I would do something different next time. It was nice to be back on the ship by about 12:30. We cleaned up, had lunch, then headed out for some shopping while my son did the Aqua Duck without hardly any wait.
__________________
Imagineer Wanna-Be
tiggernpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
HueyDeweyLouie
Earning My Ears
 
HueyDeweyLouie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Windy City Burb
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggernpooh View Post
Glad you reminded me about returning here to do my review.

The Sea Blaster didn't really "Blast" through the water like I thought we would, pretty disappointed there. We went to two places to snorkle, the first we saw turtles, which was neat, and the second we saw sting rays, a baracudda, and puffer fish (which all hung out under the boat because they set bait out) - but not much else. At both stops there were other boats making it seem crowded and I think they rushed to get us out because of the others. Both stops were very short, maybe 1/2 hour of snorkeling by the time we all got off the boat, at each stop. They guys and gal who ran it were great though, and the rum punch did flow pretty good at the end of the trip. In all, it was ok for the price, although I would do something different next time. It was nice to be back on the ship by about 12:30. We cleaned up, had lunch, then headed out for some shopping while my son did the Aqua Duck without hardly any wait.
Thanks for the feedback! How long were the boat rides in between sites? We're they scenic?

I think I'm on a similar schedule 8:45 to 12:30. Although it stinks that they only gave 30 min snorkel, I think it would still fit my family's needs-- will have a 5yr old with us, so looking for moderate activity (at max) that doesn't take up a majority of the day.
HueyDeweyLouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.