Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #1186
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Of course they advertise. They'd rather have the locals in the parks than not in the parks. I just think they'd like to find a way to do it that would bring them more of a profit - not that they want the locals to go away.
I think they're working on a plan to sell them tickets, then not let them in the gates. But they're still working out some of the details. It didn't test well in focus groups..........
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #1187
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Maybe this will help...

"The one with the power to vanquish the FASTPASS approaches ... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the second month dies ... and the FASTPASS will mark it as its equal, but it will have power the FASTPASS knows not ... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives."
Hey, wrong park. Harry Potter is over at Universal, not Disney and even Harry had to work really, really hard to vanquish Voldemort.

Last edited by aubriee; 01-12-2013 at 02:01 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #1188
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Just that certain data points collected by the social media team "recently" has them rethinking how to integrate APs into the program.
My problem is that I always get an AP every year, but due to having several old one day park tickets that I have had to buy for one promotion or another, I always let me current AP expire. I then wait until my next trip and use one of those old one day tickets and then have the CM bridge it, so I can get the current gate value out of it, before I upgrade it to a new AP. My AP expired last month and I'll be trading in a another one day ticket for a new AP when I get down there in May. Meanwhile, technically I won't have a ticket. I'll also be staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, so won't have a WDW room ressie either. It looks like I won't be able to use FP+ until I get down there. If all the FP+ for the headliners are gone and if as an AP holder I'll only be able to get fast passes for the first five days of my eleven day trip (four/day x five days=20), I will not be a happy AP holder.

I go for over a week several times every year. Some of those trips will be more than once in a quarter, so some trips I wouldn't even be able to get any FP+ prior to the trip. I'd use 20 fastpasses in the first five days of the previous trip. Sorry but 20 FP+ per quarter for AP is ridiculous. Because I go fairly frequently, I don't do every ride in the park and often wil go just for a morning and ride just the headliners (more than once). Under this new system I won't be able to do that. I resent that Disney is trying to force toward rides and shows I have no interest in. If all I want to ride are the headliners and am willing to do what I need to do in order to do so (make every rope drop, use single rider lines, and utilize fast passes every chance I get), then I should be able to do so. I think Disney is just trying to pacify those who chose to sleep in late and then complained they couldn't get fast passes, so had to stand in lines. Sorry, but they had the same opportunity to get up and make rope drops that the rest of us did.

Last edited by aubriee; 01-12-2013 at 02:15 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #1189
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee

My problem is that I always get an AP every year, but due to having several old one day park tickets that I have had to buy for one promotion or another, I always let me current AP expire. I then wait until my next trip and use one of those old one day tickets and then have the CM bridge it, so I can get the current gate value out of it, before I upgrade it to a new AP. My AP expired last month and I'll be trading in a another one day ticket for a new AP when I get down there in May. Meanwhile, technically I won't have a ticket. I'll also be staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, so won't have a WDW room ressie either. It looks like I won't be able to use FP+ until I get down there. If all the FP+ for the headliners are gone and if as an AP holder I'll only be able to get fast passes for the first five days of my eleven day trip (four/day x five days=20), I will not be a happy AP holder.
Yes that also applies to current AP holders like us because until we get there we cant get the rfid bracelet so cant use the new system and prebook. My fear also is all the headliners are booked. My only hope is that they hold back enough spaces for people to book on the day. Help me obi wan keobi your my only hope...
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #1190
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Do you honestly have no idea how rude and condescending your posts come across?
Honestly I will have to disagree on this one, if anything his posts have been spot on.

If anything is coming across from mousemerf I would say it is exasperation over saying the same thing over and over and over and yet people still don't get it.

I think he has been proven he knows what he is talking about, don't kill the messenger.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #1191
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'd rather people have correct information. I'm sorry that offends you, you must want people to have misinformation. Why? I'm not sure, but your intentions come across as very self serving.
I have to agree with previous posters, you actually do come across as really rude. There is a way to give correct information (although almost everything at this stage is just guess work until Disney gives official information) and then there is the way you post. I would think the only self serving entity around is Disney itself.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #1192
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I personally appreciate mousernerf giving us info. It may be that he (or she) is wrong but it gives more to consider. Of course, Disney could change their minds a few times before any of this is implemented.

If I understand it now, regular fastpass will go away and offsite visitors will have a way to participate. Everyone will have to deal with the same 60 day requirement.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #1193
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post

I go for over a week several times every year. Some of those trips will be more than once in a quarter, so some trips I wouldn't even be able to get any FP+ prior to the trip. I'd use 20 fastpasses in the first five days of the previous trip. Sorry but 20 FP+ per quarter for AP is ridiculous. Because I go fairly frequently, I don't do every ride in the park and often wil go just for a morning and ride just the headliners (more than once). Under this new system I won't be able to do that. I resent that Disney is trying to force toward rides and shows I have no interest in. If all I want to ride are the headliners and am willing to do what I need to do in order to do so (make every rope drop, use single rider lines, and utilize fast passes every chance I get), then I should be able to do so. I think Disney is just trying to pacify those who chose to sleep in late and then complained they couldn't get fast passes, so had to stand in lines. Sorry, but they had the same opportunity to get up and make rope drops that the rest of us did.
You have a one day ticket though, so you can get at least one day worth. Under the MyMagic+ all tickets/passes "should" be recognized by the system by using the barcode number on the ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Yes that also applies to current AP holders like us because until we get there we cant get the rfid bracelet so cant use the new system and prebook. My fear also is all the headliners are booked. My only hope is that they hold back enough spaces for people to book on the day. Help me obi wan keobi your my only hope...
APs are registered via the website, or if anything, you should have a voucher. As long as Disney knows you own a ticket and you have that ticket in hand, you're a ticket holder and able to make FP+ reservations for a park or parks that correspond to the ticket entitlements.

So.. if you have an AP it should be able to do any number of parks within the window. But if you've got a 1-day as mentioned above, you'll only be able to do one day until the 1-day ticket is upgraded.

One thing I can assure you is that Disney does not do what it calls "speculative benefits" - allowing people to use the benefit of a pass or something for a reservations, booking, discounts, etc.. for ticket media they plan to buy in the future. That's exactly why the AP voucher system was invented. AP vouchers are recognized in the system as active APs.

You'll either be able to upgrade to RFID upon arrival or Disney may even void your old ticket and issue a new one via the website. That's not clear yet, but lots of people will be swapping ticket media so there's a process in place at the parks if anything. In the past during testing it was a handheld ticket reader that issued a new RFID identification via a sticker it synched to the old ticket media. They could do the same with new Bands or embedded RFID in card/tickets.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #1194
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
You don't need the bracelet to prebook anything
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #1195
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
You don't need the bracelet to prebook anything
Yes, just the ticket itself in hand, a Disney reservation that includes tickets, or the AP voucher as the case may be.

I think a large part of the communication issue with this whole thing comes from people not knowing what I, and probably the powers that be, consider some very basic information about how the Disney website already works even prior to these enhancements. It already recognizes APs via registration. It's simply going to be expanded to recognize other tickets. All tickets issued since like 2000-something (probably the 90's really) have identifiers printed on them that mark them as unique. The ticketing system knows if it's expired, new, unused, etc..
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #1196
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

I'm wondering if this will work in a similar fashion to making meal ADR's? We often have an expired AP and purchase it upon arrival. What if we need the AP number to make the ride reservations?

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 01-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #1197
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I'm wondering if this will work in a similar fashion to making meal ADR's? We often have an expired AP and purchase it upon arrival. What if we need the AP number to make the ride reservations?
You need a ticket that will be valid for the day you're trying to reserve. So you will need to renew before making the reservation.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #1198
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You need a ticket that will be valid for the day you're trying to reserve. So you will need to renew before making the reservation.
Yes but that means our AP will be dated 6 months before we arrive so we're only paying for 6 months worth of park admission.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #1199
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Yes but that means our AP will be dated 6 months before we arrive so we're only paying for 6 months worth of park admission.
The reservations are only for 60 days in advance. If you can't or wont commit to a theme park ticket 60 days out you don't get to make a FP+ reservation.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #1200
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The reservations are only for 60 days in advance. If you can't or wont commit to a theme park ticket 60 days out you don't get to make a FP+ reservation.
It's not that I can't commit. However that means I'd be wasting two full months of my AP which would potentially mean I'll get one less trip out of the AP. Not worth it at all, I'd rather use regular FP if it's still available. That would be a very expensive FP+, it could mean purchasing an extra $700-$800 ticket two months early!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: