Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #1171
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Just that certain data points collected by the social media team "recently" has them rethinking how to integrate APs into the program.
Well this is hopeful.... but didn't you say earlier in this thread to mark your words it WILL happen that AP holders will get only 20 FP+ per quarter and that was because Disney is hoping to eliminate AP's all together?

It just seems so odd... because they advertise AP's like crazy on tv here. I'm so surprised that they hate us as much as you portray.

*BTW* does WDW know you speak for them on a message board? Just curious... I'd be surprised they would like someone so high up with such privileged information to be spreading it around on a non-company message board.
__________________
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #1172
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
My apologies for causing such exasperation.
How dare you question the Great Oz?
__________________
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #1173
mousermerf
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
You keep saying that your position is based on the math, but the FP math doesn't really change regardless of whether all FPs are same-day, all are advance FP, or there will be a mix of the two.

From this post, it appears that your position is actually not based on the math, but based on your perception of what their message will be if advance FP+s are not available. I suspect the message will be something like 'None are currently available for pre-assignment.' A simple statement of fact that doesn't preclude a FP+ coming available if someone changes their plans either before arriving or once they are in the park. Nor does it restrict Disney in any way from holding back FPs until 'same day'.
I don't think they're going to hold anything for day-of - once it's gone, it's gone.

However, the mass increase in FP+ slots compared to regular FP slots will be huge. They're unlikely to sell out. On a normal day slots don't all sell out except at Soarin and Toy Story Mania. That's just two rides. Remeber that FP ticks along with time - a constant 45min or longer window and the window closes at the end of day as well.

FP+ has added the first hour of the morning to all rides, has added several rides (quadrupled the number of FPs able to be distributed really), and also allows guests to be assigned any time in the forthcoming day.

When we talk about "gone" we really mean "I can't get the rides I wanted" or "The time I want is sold out."

I worked in reservations.. do you know how many people would call and say "I want breakfast with Princesses!" at the 3-day or less mark? Then you'd find them an 11am at Cindy's and they'd say "Oh... that's not the time I wanted.." or "That's not when we eat breakfast."

So they'd not even take the slot. It'd just sit there unused. But tons of people would call and declare it "sold out" when reality the less favorable inventory was still there.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #1174
mbrittb00
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 395

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
You keep saying that your position is based on the math, but the FP math doesn't really change regardless of whether all FPs are same-day, all are advance FP, or there will be a mix of the two.

From this post, it appears that your position is actually not based on the math, but based on your perception of what their message will be if advance FP+s are not available. I suspect the message will be something like 'None are currently available for pre-assignment.' A simple statement of fact that doesn't preclude a FP+ coming available if someone changes their plans either before arriving or once they are in the park. Nor does it restrict Disney in any way from holding back FPs until 'same day'.

The math shows that there won't be enough FPs to go around (assuming everyone wants at least one of the E-ticket attractions). That's all.

Now you can either make all those avaliable for advanced reservations or hold back say half. If you decide to hold back half, then when people go to make their advanced selections, 50% of them won't be able to select one of the E-ticket attractions and will have to settle for a D or C ticket attraction for their top FP+ advanced selection. Then their park day arrives. Some of the people who already selected an E-ticket attraction as one of their advanced selections would be able to select another one. Now here is where the problem comes in. The other person who wasn't able to make an E-Ticket advance selection may still not be able to get one day of because they got in a little later to the parks, or their connection wasn't fast enough etc. And in the end someone got 2, and others get none.
__________________
Dec 1996 : (AS Sports) Honeymoon
Sept 2001 : (offsite) DS2
May 2004 : (AS Movies) DS5 DS1
Sept 2005 : (AS Movies) DS6 DS2 (MNSSHP)
Dec 2006 : (POFQ) 10th Anniversery (MVMCP)
Feb 2007 : (offsite) DS8 DS4 (DPPP)
Feb 2009 : (Bonnet Creek) DS10 DS6 DD2 (+ friends)
Nov 2010 : (Windsor Hills) DS11 DS8 DD4 DD3
April 2012 : (Windsor Hills / AS Movies) DS13 DS9 DD5 DD4 (+family)
October 2014 : (Caribbean Beach) DS16 DS12 DD8 DD6
mbrittb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #1175
mousermerf
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,636

During testing, a scary majority of guests chose princess meet/greets and parades/fireworks over e-ticket attractions. Those are the ones to look out for.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #1176
mbrittb00
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 395

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
I don't think they're going to hold anything for day-of - once it's gone, it's gone.

However, the mass increase in FP+ slots compared to regular FP slots will be huge. They're unlikely to sell out. On a normal day slots don't all sell out except at Soarin and Toy Story Mania. That's just two rides. Remeber that FP ticks along with time - a constant 45min or longer window and the window closes at the end of day as well.

FP+ has added the first hour of the morning to all rides, has added several rides (quadrupled the number of FPs able to be distributed really), and also allows guests to be assigned any time in the forthcoming day.

When we talk about "gone" we really mean "I can't get the rides I wanted" or "The time I want is sold out."

I worked in reservations.. do you know how many people would call and say "I want breakfast with Princesses!" at the 3-day or less mark? Then you'd find them an 11am at Cindy's and they'd say "Oh... that's not the time I wanted.." or "That's not when we eat breakfast."

So they'd not even take the slot. It'd just sit there unused. But tons of people would call and declare it "sold out" when reality the less favorable inventory was still there.
True, but each attraction can only facilitate a certain number of people each day. Under the current system the FPs already take up a large percentage of that pie, so that number can't go up much. Also, I don't think anyone is really worred about getting a FP for the non-headliners. It's the FPs for the headliners (TSMMs, Sorains, etc. . .) that we are all worried about.
__________________
Dec 1996 : (AS Sports) Honeymoon
Sept 2001 : (offsite) DS2
May 2004 : (AS Movies) DS5 DS1
Sept 2005 : (AS Movies) DS6 DS2 (MNSSHP)
Dec 2006 : (POFQ) 10th Anniversery (MVMCP)
Feb 2007 : (offsite) DS8 DS4 (DPPP)
Feb 2009 : (Bonnet Creek) DS10 DS6 DD2 (+ friends)
Nov 2010 : (Windsor Hills) DS11 DS8 DD4 DD3
April 2012 : (Windsor Hills / AS Movies) DS13 DS9 DD5 DD4 (+family)
October 2014 : (Caribbean Beach) DS16 DS12 DD8 DD6
mbrittb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #1177
Melodious
DIS Veteran
 
Melodious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrittb00

The math shows that there won't be enough FPs to go around (assuming everyone wants at least one of the E-ticket attractions). That's all.

Now you can either make all those avaliable for advanced reservations or hold back say half. If you decide to hold back half, then when people go to make their advanced selections, 50% of them won't be able to select one of the E-ticket attractions and will have to settle for a D or C ticket attraction for their top FP+ advanced selection. Then their park day arrives. Some of the people who already selected an E-ticket attraction as one of their advanced selections would be able to select another one. Now here is where the problem comes in. The other person who wasn't able to make an E-Ticket advance selection may still not be able to get one day of because they got in a little later to the parks, or their connection wasn't fast enough etc. And in the end someone got 2, and others get none.
How many etickets do you think there are. In MK I can think of 6-9 that could be billed that way. If you don't get what you want, well lots of people try for walkups to Le Cellier too
__________________
Melodious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #1178
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,250
DISboards Moderator

I read that thread and do not recall anybody saying WDW intends to eliminate APs altogether. I think it said they WOULD LIKE to eliminate APs altogether. Because the multiple-time-a-year visitor who is most likely to be local or semi-local is not what they are shooting for now, I'd guess. They're looking to get more out of the "binge" visitor. Or maybe they feel like there's a way they could get serious fans to purchase separate tickets for every visit. I don't think it's that they hate us.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #1179
mbrittb00
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 395

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
During testing, a scary majority of guests chose princess meet/greets and parades/fireworks over e-ticket attractions. Those are the ones to look out for.
Yes, but they also knew that they could use regular FPs for the e-ticket attractions where as the others could only be gotten via the FP+ test.
__________________
Dec 1996 : (AS Sports) Honeymoon
Sept 2001 : (offsite) DS2
May 2004 : (AS Movies) DS5 DS1
Sept 2005 : (AS Movies) DS6 DS2 (MNSSHP)
Dec 2006 : (POFQ) 10th Anniversery (MVMCP)
Feb 2007 : (offsite) DS8 DS4 (DPPP)
Feb 2009 : (Bonnet Creek) DS10 DS6 DD2 (+ friends)
Nov 2010 : (Windsor Hills) DS11 DS8 DD4 DD3
April 2012 : (Windsor Hills / AS Movies) DS13 DS9 DD5 DD4 (+family)
October 2014 : (Caribbean Beach) DS16 DS12 DD8 DD6
mbrittb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #1180
mousermerf
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrittb00 View Post
True, but each attraction can only facilitate a certain number of people each day. Under the current system the FPs already take up a large percentage of that pie, so that number can't go up much. Also, I don't think anyone is really worred about getting a FP for the non-headliners. It's the FPs for the headliners (TSMMs, Sorains, etc. . .) that we are all worried about.
Not everyone gets a FP for them in a normal day. The number of people who have fP+ versus those in Standby will be the same.. unless the people in Standby decide to ride a "lesser" attraction that is picking up FP+.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #1181
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
How dare you question the Great Oz?
Maybe Toto needs to pull back the curtain for us......

Maybe after all this, Mousemerf is really just a bus driver........

Or maybe he's Tom Staggs. Tom, I'm sure glad your boys love riding anything with "mountain" in the title. And I sure hope they don't have trouble getting fastpasses to all 3 of those in the MK on their next visit.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #1182
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrittb00 View Post
Yes, but they also knew that they could use regular FPs for the e-ticket attractions where as the others could only be gotten via the FP+ test.
If I were in the test, I absolutely would have chosen things like Parade, fireworks and ETWB. Things I couldn't get a FP for.........

....... because I knew I could pull those during the day. If they're assuming that's what people would do in reality, without their regular FP privileges in place, then they're nuts.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #1183
mbrittb00
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
How many etickets do you think there are. In MK I can think of 6-9 that could be billed that way. If you don't get what you want, well lots of people try for walkups to Le Cellier too
At MK I would lable the following as

E+ Ticket : SpaM, BTMRR, PP, Pooh, Dumbo
E Ticket : SplM, Jungle Cruise, PoC, Buzz Lightyear

MK is the one park that will be most likely to handle this becasue there is so many attractions to go around. The other three parks on the other hand aren't so fortunate.
__________________
Dec 1996 : (AS Sports) Honeymoon
Sept 2001 : (offsite) DS2
May 2004 : (AS Movies) DS5 DS1
Sept 2005 : (AS Movies) DS6 DS2 (MNSSHP)
Dec 2006 : (POFQ) 10th Anniversery (MVMCP)
Feb 2007 : (offsite) DS8 DS4 (DPPP)
Feb 2009 : (Bonnet Creek) DS10 DS6 DD2 (+ friends)
Nov 2010 : (Windsor Hills) DS11 DS8 DD4 DD3
April 2012 : (Windsor Hills / AS Movies) DS13 DS9 DD5 DD4 (+family)
October 2014 : (Caribbean Beach) DS16 DS12 DD8 DD6
mbrittb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #1184
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I read that thread and do not recall anybody saying WDW intends to eliminate APs altogether. I think it said they WOULD LIKE to eliminate APs altogether. Because the multiple-time-a-year visitor who is most likely to be local or semi-local is not what they are shooting for now, I'd guess. They're looking to get more out of the "binge" visitor. Or maybe they feel like there's a way they could get serious fans to purchase separate tickets for every visit. I don't think it's that they hate us.
I'd be so surprised to see the number of commercials they run to get Florida residents to buy annual passes.

Mousemerf was saying in the beginning of this thread that they would like nothing more then to eliminate AP's all together and that statistically we don't spend any money there. We would have a lot more savings if we didn't spend anything at WDW!
__________________
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #1185
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,250
DISboards Moderator

Of course they advertise. They'd rather have the locals in the parks than not in the parks. I just think they'd like to find a way to do it that would bring them more of a profit - not that they want the locals to go away.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: