Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #946
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Sigh. I just want a date now. You'd think they'd have some idea of when they plan to roll out fastpass+ that they could pass on to those of us with upcoming vacations. However, you'd also think they'd have a website that had worked properly any time in the last year but you'd be wrong there too.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #947
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I generally have a difficult time understanding the points you are trying to make, but what do resale DVC contracts have to do with the new FP+ system?
In the timeshare world, resale contracts are often denied perks and incentives given to those that purchase direct from the company. There were rumors last year that DVC resale contracts wouldn't get the same access to FP+. But, based on this new information, and Disneys need to sell a lot if new units - there isn't any indication of this happening. The posts on the DVC boards reassure that there will be no difference between DVC direct and resale owners.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #948
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile ~Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Screen grab from an early mock-up of the reservation system..

If you book a Disney Resort it'll be hard to ignore it. All the demographic info goes in at the time of the reservation online. Then you opt into reminders at which point it's like "at XX days you can book your FP+".

Demographics include everyone in the party's name, age, b-day, thrill preferences, fave character, choice of band color, etc.. where is also explains all the stuff the bands will do.
~Wow! I posted all of this over a year ago! I'm glad it's no longer a myth, lol! It's so fabulous to see it all come together now. I'm so pleased to see that *all* of my predictions on Fastpass+ are true!!! FP+ is free -- available to everyone -- no resort tiers -- no onsite vs offsite -- regular FastPass is still an option -- wristbands are optional -- no 20 FP per quarter for AP's (AP's get 360 per quarter, lol).

~Thoughts... like I said before, nothing is etched in stone. Disney is still testing this system, even after FP+ rolls out. Personally, I feel the FP number is way too low, but I'm positve that's based on the "average" number of FP's used per guest. So, unfortunately those people, who aren't even aware of fastpass were taken into account. I wish Disney would have used the average number of FP's by the guests who actually utilize fastpass -- the numbers would be a lot higher. Disney will have to keep regular FastPass as an option to see which one will be utilized the most -- that's why they allowed people to use both during the FP+ trials. More than likely, first timers won't stand a chance, they will use FP+.

~Will the AP's and frequent (more than once a year) visitors use them? I don't think so, until the FP number is increased to at least five, ideally 8! But, I could be wrong. If Disney can't make this appealing to them, they simply won't use it -- so Disney still has plenty of work to do if they want the "FP masters" on board and those who desire as much flexibility as possible.

~I really wish I had those precious numbers, but I don't so I won't even try to predict the impact on lines, lol. I'm happy that guests still have the option to use regular FP. Overall, I'm really excited & can't wait for the official announcement. I hope it's soon because this is when I prefer to book my vacation(s). I was going to skip Disney for 2013, so we'll see!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #949
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
[B][COLOR="Magenta"]I'm so pleased to see that *all* of my predictions on Fastpass+ are true!!! FP+ is free -- available to everyone -- no resort tiers -- no onsite vs offsite -- regular FastPass is still an option -- wristbands are optional -- no 20 FP per quarter for AP's (AP's get 360 per quarter, lol).
Disney has released exactly ZERO details about how any of this will work beyond the basic concepts of having a wristband and making three (or four) FP+ reservations in advance for each day. It's a little early to declare victory on the onsite/offsite, no tiers, regular-FP-still-an-option front.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #950
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Disney has released exactly ZERO details about how any of this will work beyond the basic concepts of having a wristband and making three (or four) FP+ reservations in advance for each day. It's a little early to declare victory on the onsite/offsite, no tiers, regular-FP-still-an-option front.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #951
CarolynU
Proud Mum twice over
The TF enjoys making people stare at the screen in amazement! :)
The TF thanks Carolyn!

Well this has got to be a first.
Last night I actually had a nightmare about being trapped in a long line at a theme park! Obviously this must relate to all the reading I've been doing on the FP+ and my vacation at Easter.
My daughter and I are staying onsite. I will be buying an annual pass as I'm back in August. My DD won't and was going to buy a park hopper for this vacation alone from UT.
My son and his wife are meeting us and are staying offsite.
I cannot even begin to understand how this will effect us. Our normal method of visiting the parks is to get up and then plan where we want to go, and after maybe the first two days just ride and park hop as we feel like it.
I guess that's over now, and if we all end up with different FP allocations how will that work?
To be honest I almost wish that we weren't going. Easter is rammed and so standing forever in standby lines if we don't micro plan or can't because of our differing FP+ amounts and we can't use the previous FP system just doesn't appeal.
CarolynU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #952
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Well this has got to be a first.
Last night I actually had a nightmare about being trapped in a long line at a theme park! Obviously this must relate to all the reading I've been doing on the FP+ and my vacation at Easter.
My daughter and I are staying onsite. I will be buying an annual pass as I'm back in August. My DD won't and was going to buy a park hopper for this vacation alone from UT.
My son and his wife are meeting us and are staying offsite.
I cannot even begin to understand how this will effect us. Our normal method of visiting the parks is to get up and then plan where we want to go, and after maybe the first two days just ride and park hop as we feel like it.
I guess that's over now, and if we all end up with different FP allocations how will that work?
To be honest I almost wish that we weren't going. Easter is rammed and so standing forever in standby lines if we don't micro plan or can't because of our differing FP+ amounts and we can't use the previous FP system just doesn't appeal.
So you're saying that the fact that you will likely have a cool bracelet doesn't make you ok with being limited to 3 FPs per day?

Although I still think varying allotments are coming, as of right now all we know is that everyone gets 3. No word on whether they will be grouped as they were in the test, further limiting your access to headliners.

But yes, it's the folks going at spring break and Easter who are getting the short end of this stick. You are pretty committed by this point (for example, if air fare has been booked) but don't have much info to go on.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #953
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
we're dvc members....& we are concerns about the resales
group...just reading how much they are different to direct
owners. would not surprise @ all to see this factor figuring
in different options for both groups.
There is ZERO indication that resale members will be handled differently.

The only thing I remember being different about resale members (and I think it applied to resales after a certain time, but I didn't look to closely in to it) is that you can't use points for non-DVC Disney resorts, or other Disney packages like ABD trips.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #954
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
In the timeshare world, resale contracts are often denied perks and incentives given to those that purchase direct from the company. There were rumors last year that DVC resale contracts wouldn't get the same access to FP+. But, based on this new information, and Disneys need to sell a lot if new units - there isn't any indication of this happening. The posts on the DVC boards reassure that there will be no difference between DVC direct and resale owners.
Trust me, I know what resale restrictions are, I'm the owner of two resale-restricted contracts.

My larger point about this arbitrary point that LG brought up was that there has been no indication ANYWHERE that resale DVC contracts would be treated any differently than direct DVC contracts when it comes to the new system.

That line of demarcation would be difficult, if not impossible to enforce. What happens to the people who own both restricted resale and also directly-bought contracts, which group would they fall into? It just wouldn't work.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #955
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

I think a better way for Disney to make everyone happy would be to allow only 3 FP+ per day/park (maybe 4 or 5 for MK) BUT still allow guests to get regular FP as needed throughout the day. The catch being you are not able to get a reg FP at an attraction for which you already had a FP+ reservation.

This would cut down on the users who get many FPs for the most popular attractions. Thus clogging up the standby queue.

It would allow guest to reserve 3 times for attractions that are important to them, but not limit guests from being able to use reg. FP later in the day or when park hopping.

I think it would also help to distribute guests around the park....
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #956
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
So you're saying that the fact that you will likely have a cool bracelet doesn't make you ok with being limited to 3 FPs per day?

Although I still think varying allotments are coming, as of right now all we know is that everyone gets 3. No word on whether they will be grouped as they were in the test, further limiting your access to headliners.

But yes, it's the folks going at spring break and Easter who are getting the short end of this stick. You are pretty committed by this point (for example, if air fare has been booked) but don't have much info to go on.
The uncertainty of it all is what's making me irritated. Knowing we have both AP's and MYW tickets in our group makes me very nervous about possible differences to the two groups and how they will be handled.

Just announce a date already.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #957
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
I think a better way for Disney to make everyone happy would be to allow only 3 FP+ per day/park (maybe 4 or 5 for MK) BUT still allow guests to get regular FP as needed throughout the day. The catch being you are not able to get a reg FP at an attraction for which you already had a FP+ reservation.

This would cut down on the users who get many FPs for the most popular attractions. Thus clogging up the standby queue.

It would allow guest to reserve 3 times for attractions that are important to them, but not limit guests from being able to use reg. FP later in the day or when park hopping.

I think it would also help to distribute guests around the park....
That assumes of course that there is enough FP capacity to handle that. I really doubt it.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #958
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

That assumes of course that there is enough FP capacity to handle that. I really doubt it.
Disney would still have to limit the amount and time like they do now. Maybe by doing this, Attractions like Soarin would not get backed up because most people would do FP+ and are then shut out for the rest of the day... Leaving only a certain number of reg FP to be used by those who did not use FP+.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #959
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
Disney would still have to limit the amount and time like they do now. Maybe by doing this. Attractions like Soarin would not get backed up because most people would do FP+ are then shut out for the rest of the day... Leaving only a certain number of reg FP to be used by those who did not use FP+.
I still think there would not be enough capacity. Right now you have a certain number of people who bypass a certain attraction because of the hassle factor. If you remove that hassle barrier, as grand as it seems t want to do so, I think it would overwhelm the capacity of the more popular attractions.

There is an inverse relationship between the effort required to do an attraction and the number of people who will actually do it.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #960
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
There is an inverse relationship between the effort required to do an attraction and the number of people who will actually do it.
Yup.

Works (in the "real world") like having several restaurants clustered together in a shopping area.
The "lesser" of them will automatically get more business when the more popular of the eateries is/are filled
and using with a waiting list.

Many people would rather choose to "get in and dine" sooner,
than to wait for a longer time to get into their first (or second) choice.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: