Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #916
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrittb00 View Post
Just out of curosity where are you getting your info from. Other than the allearsnet article I referenced (which is a bit ambiguous) and the recent DHS test, I haven't seen 3 selections listed anywhere.
3 showed up in the NY Times article linked somewhere in all these threads about this (I can't keep them all straight anymore )

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/bu...&emc=rss&_r=1&
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #917
mbrittb00
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 371

Ah I must have missed that one over this weekend. I would like to read that article, if someone could repost the link, or let me know what the post # it is in is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
__________________
Dec 1996 : (AS Sports) Honeymoon
Sept 2001 : (offsite) DS2
May 2004 : (AS Movies) DS5 DS1
Sept 2005 : (AS Movies) DS6 DS2 (MNSSHP)
Dec 2006 : (POFQ) 10th Anniversery (MVMCP)
Feb 2007 : (offsite) DS8 DS4 (DPPP)
Feb 2009 : (Bonnet Creek) DS10 DS6 DD2 (+ friends)
Nov 2010 : (Windsor Hills) DS11 DS8 DD4 DD3
April 2012 : (Windsor Hills / AS Movies) DS13 DS9 DD5 DD4 (+family)
mbrittb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #918
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrittb00 View Post
Ah I must have missed that one over this weekend. I would like to read that article, if someone could repost the link, or let me know what the post # it is in is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
I edited my post to include the link
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #919
mbrittb00
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I edited my post to include the link
Thanks. Assuming it is accurate (and if Disney is actually releasing info to a newspaper, then it should be), then it definatlly appears that the number of pre-selections will be 3. What wasn't clear is if 1) people staying off-site would be able to participate in that 3 and 2) if you will be able to make more selections once in the park.

The article does mention that under the current system "But gridlock quickly sets in and most people wait. And wait.". If they are truly trying to keep people out of lines then the total number of experiance reservations will have to be a lot more than 3.

Oh, I finally think I understand where they are trying to go. Eventually they would have FP+ for every single attraction and thus FP+ scheduleable (once you reach the park). The FP+ posts at The Hall of Presidents and the Riverboat seem to support this idea. The standby line would practiaclly go away and theoritically people would never need to stand in line. I think I'm starting to get less against this idea, especially if offsite guests get to participate in the 3 advanced reservations.
__________________
Dec 1996 : (AS Sports) Honeymoon
Sept 2001 : (offsite) DS2
May 2004 : (AS Movies) DS5 DS1
Sept 2005 : (AS Movies) DS6 DS2 (MNSSHP)
Dec 2006 : (POFQ) 10th Anniversery (MVMCP)
Feb 2007 : (offsite) DS8 DS4 (DPPP)
Feb 2009 : (Bonnet Creek) DS10 DS6 DD2 (+ friends)
Nov 2010 : (Windsor Hills) DS11 DS8 DD4 DD3
April 2012 : (Windsor Hills / AS Movies) DS13 DS9 DD5 DD4 (+family)
mbrittb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #920
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrittb00 View Post
Thanks. Assuming it is accurate (and if Disney is actually releasing info to a newspaper, then it should be), then it definatlly appears that the number of pre-selections will be 3. What wasn't clear is if 1) people staying off-site would be able to participate in that 3 and 2) if you will be able to make more selections once in the park.

The article does mention that under the current system "But gridlock quickly sets in and most people wait. And wait.". If they are truly trying to keep people out of lines then the total number of experiance reservations will have to be a lot more than 3.

Oh, I finally think I understand where they are trying to go. Eventually they would have FP+ for every single attraction and thus FP+ scheduleable (once you reach the park). The FP+ posts at The Hall of Presidents and the Riverboat seem to support this idea. The standby line would practiaclly go away and theoritically people would never need to stand in line. I think I'm starting to get less against this idea, especially if offsite guests get to participate in the 3 advanced reservations.
But are they FP+ return readers at Hall of Presidents et al or simply RFID readers? They may simply be "virtual" turnstyles, used to track who is going where for data collecting, target marketing and the like.
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #921
mbrittb00
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
But are they FP+ return readers at Hall of Presidents et al or simply RFID readers? They may simply be "virtual" turnstyles, used to track who is going where for data collecting, target marketing and the like.
I thought I had read an earlier post that the HOP post was the same as the other FP+ return posts.
__________________
Dec 1996 : (AS Sports) Honeymoon
Sept 2001 : (offsite) DS2
May 2004 : (AS Movies) DS5 DS1
Sept 2005 : (AS Movies) DS6 DS2 (MNSSHP)
Dec 2006 : (POFQ) 10th Anniversery (MVMCP)
Feb 2007 : (offsite) DS8 DS4 (DPPP)
Feb 2009 : (Bonnet Creek) DS10 DS6 DD2 (+ friends)
Nov 2010 : (Windsor Hills) DS11 DS8 DD4 DD3
April 2012 : (Windsor Hills / AS Movies) DS13 DS9 DD5 DD4 (+family)
mbrittb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #922
mousermerf
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrittb00 View Post
I thought I had read an earlier post that the HOP post was the same as the other FP+ return posts.
There are no FP+ readers at HOP.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #923
DVCJones
DIS Veteran
 
DVCJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo
As a sage once (or twenty times) said, lo, many moons ago,

"Leave the FP system, the heck, ALONE!"
Yes!
__________________
DVCJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #924
DVCJones
DIS Veteran
 
DVCJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf

The system is broke. It gives these superusers the ability to ride an attraction 3-4 times in a day with a 5-10min wait while a tourist only rides once with a 2 hour wait. That is why it is being changed.
But, will these same tourist even know how the new FP+ works. I think I will continue to see these tourists cursing the FP line, thinking they are missing our on something they could use if they bothered to do their homework....
__________________
DVCJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #925
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
But, will these same tourist even know how the new FP+ works. I think I will continue to see these tourists cursing the FP line, thinking they are missing our on something they could use if they bothered to do their homework....
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #926
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
But, will these same tourist even know how the new FP+ works. I think I will continue to see these tourists cursing the FP line, thinking they are missing our on something they could use if they bothered to do their homework....
Exactly, people who don't know how to use FP aren't going to use FP+ properly either. But "uberusers" are definitely going to be effected.

Maybe the plan is that once all the "uberusers" are stopped from doing multiple FP to the same attraction, the standby line will move faster.

And I'd classify myself as an "uberuser" and don't look forward to this change at all.
__________________



DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #927
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer
 
angelmichelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Carolinas
Posts: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Exactly, people who don't know how to use FP aren't going to use FP+ properly either. But "uberusers" are definitely going to be effected.

Maybe the plan is that once all the "uberusers" are stopped from doing multiple FP to the same attraction, the standby line will move faster.

And I'd classify myself as an "uberuser" and don't look forward to this change at all.
That would be a nice plan... in theory.
__________________

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #928
bauer1168
DIS Veteran
 
bauer1168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones

But, will these same tourist even know how the new FP+ works. I think I will continue to see these tourists cursing the FP line, thinking they are missing our on something they could use if they bothered to do their homework....
On Rage Cast Member Tumblr, the cm was asked about their opinion on FP+ and they weren't too optimistic about it. Stating that's its hard enough explaining regular FP to guests. That comment was made about 6 months ago and the cm did state it was still in testing and could change and not enough was known. Also, 1 cms opinion doesn't mean that's what every cm thinks of it.
It would be interesting to know what other cms feel about it though
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #929
mousermerf
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,636

You really think resort guests are going to ignore something that pops up as part of their reservation and is directly tied to their tickets so anytime they look at their reservation and ticket info online it'll remind them...?
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #930
mousermerf
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,636

Screen grab from an early mock-up of the reservation system..



If you book a Disney Resort it'll be hard to ignore it. All the demographic info goes in at the time of the reservation online. Then you opt into reminders at which point it's like "at XX days you can book your FP+".

Demographics include everyone in the party's name, age, b-day, thrill preferences, fave character, choice of band color, etc.. where is also explains all the stuff the bands will do.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.