Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #31
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

This is really good so far.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #32
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

I loved that chicken fusilli pasta from Pizza Port!!! But I couldn't finish it much to my own disgust lol

Oh my gosh, the astro orbiters are so awkward! Even Bec and I were uncomfortable doing that one! Once it started it wasn't as bad but the gettung in & out and sitting waitingat that angle lol

I want to go back to have traditions! Love reading along
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #33
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

sue i am loving your report as always. you and your dd look like you are having the most amazing time in every shot

can i ask what type of camera are you using? is it a full on dslr? i'm thinking of upgrading to m4/3 system myself including the regular, prime and zoom lenses, and taking my lumix p&s as a back up... i hate travelling heavy, and i want something light & compact and that i can strap away easy on those rides...

also, i love the purple/red hue in your hair -- was that added for the trip or do you normally wear it like that? i think it is awesome

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #34
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Loving your TR!

And love your DD wearing the wookie hat on Space Mountain!

Oh Disneyland, my happy place
A happy place indeed! And yep, DD wore that hat the whole day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl View Post
Those milkshakes look delicious! I've never thought of eating at the Carnation Cafe if i'm being honest. But might have to add those milkshakes to my Disneyland bucket list! Alicia and I are also planning on doing every ride that Disneyland and DCA have to offer, so it will be interesting which rides we quickly learn aren't our favorites!! Laura's teddy bear is so cute! I made a build a bear when we were thee in April and named him Dug (After being obsessed with Dug from the movie UP while we were in the parks) and also brought myself a Duffy bear too. I think I might make a tradition of getting a new stuffed animal every trip too! Really enjoying your trip report so far! And can't wait to get more Halloween tips for our visit next year
You really need to eat at the Carnation Cafe, it is yummy! The soup was just heavenly and those milk shakes........to die for! I love that you named your Build A Bear Dug, my 3 all have Disney names too! Loads of Halloween pics comimg up. Glad you are enjoying the report so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ View Post
Fantastic trip report, both text and pics Sue I'm reading along and looking forward to the next update
Thanks for coming along and for your kind words! Makes it all the more fun when people are enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Enjoying the trip report. Love the potato soup at the Carnation Cafe. Oh I could have some now. Would love to do a mother daughter trip with my girls one day. We have done several to NZ but not Disney. So glad the doctor got you all fixed up so quickly.
Glad you are enjoying the report! And that soup, oh so yummy We really did have a fabulous time and I am so glad we did it as I feel this was the only time it will happen. Sad when they grow up and get independent The doctor was a miracle worker!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieangela View Post
Hi Sue

I'm hanging in for the next post of your trip. I love your trip posts!!

Im heading off to Disneyworld in May next year!!
Hi and thanks so much for coming along I will be looking forward to hearing about your WDW trip as we too are going for the first time next year, can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Great writing style and photos. Both you and your daughter look like you're having a lot of fun. Bring on the next update
We did have a fantastic time and the next update will be along soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristyhas3 View Post
Your report is fabulous!! I'm running out of places to put my DDs stuffed animals, too. That doesn't seem to stop me from buying her more, though.
Aw, thanks so much Cristy! Glad you are enjoying it and thanks for coming along! Yep, stuffed animals, they seem to breed in our house!!! We actually just had a clean up on the weekend..................didn't throw any out though, just bagged them up and sent to the garage. She will need 2 trucks just for the stuffed animals by the time she moves out

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Day 2 sounds fab! I'd say a well-deserved sleep in

Lee is very cute! His CM tag doesn't say where he's from though

I'll be very interested to one day see the Halloween versions of SM and HM (looks like it could be 2014 ). What did you think of Haunted Mansion Holiday? Or are you getting to that later?
A well deserved sleep indeed!!! The Haunted Mansion is my all time favourite. I was very very skeptical when we first got to see the overlay as I had heard that some die hard fans just don't like the original being messed with. However, I love it.......adore it actually There is lots coming re the mansion though......stay tuned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Oh, I want to do mum/daughter and mum/son trips now. I'm thinking of all of the photos I can take without DH telling me to hurry up, how much shopping I can do without DH telling me to hurry up, how much food I can eat without DH telling me to... Well, you get the picture

I think I shall have to try the baked potato soup too next time
Oh I know what you mean!!! My DH HATES shopping so it was nice being able to spend as long as we liked in the stores and not have to worry that he is not enjoying himself. Probably spent a bit more than I normally would too..............shame that As for mum/daughter mum/son trips...........if you ever get the opportunity, do it. I will treasure the memories of this trip forever

And you will most definitely have to try the soup........delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
Loving the trip report. It is making me morr anxious for my upcoming trips.
Glad you have a trip coming up And I am glad to hear you are enjoying the ride!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Hey there

Loving the trip report so far - you got heaps done even though you slept in!!

I love DD's hats especially that one - will have to look out for one of those when I head over in June.

looks like I will have to build-a-bear myself now as the ones you've shown are just gorgeous and I too have a stuffed toy collection which definitely needs adding to (just don't tell my family - last trip I was rationed to 1 big one and 1 small one ).

Happy New Year to you and the family
Hi there and thanks for joining in Yes, DD does have some great hats! She only bought 2 this trip! And Build A Bear is just too much fun! I have 3 now, all the same style of bears and 2 of the 3 I made in Downtown Disney Anaheim......another tradition we will strive to keep going!!!

And a very happy new year to you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
Great trip report and fabulous photos.
Thanks so much, very glad you are enjoying the report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post
Looks like a wonderful Mum-daughter trip. Glad you got over being crook so quickly so it didn't spoil the trip. I hope to make it to Halloween in one of the parks one day-they always look so good. Haunted Mansion is one of our top favourites too.
Oh you would love Halloween and the parties are just sooooo much fun! The Halloween Screams fireworks are the best I have ever seen Glad you love the Mansion too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Loving your report so far!
Why thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival kid View Post
Another Aussie checking in!!! Love the report so far

Did you claim the doctor charhes on travel insurance ok?? we have never had to use it on our trips (thank goodness) but wondering how it would work.
Thanks so much for joining in and glad you are enjoying the report I did claim the doctors visit and it was very easy to do and they were great. I didn't even have to fill in a form, just did it over the phone
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #35
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
This is really good so far.
Thanks so much and I am glad you are enjoying the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam View Post
I loved that chicken fusilli pasta from Pizza Port!!! But I couldn't finish it much to my own disgust lol

Oh my gosh, the astro orbiters are so awkward! Even Bec and I were uncomfortable doing that one! Once it started it wasn't as bad but the gettung in & out and sitting waitingat that angle lol

I want to go back to have traditions! Love reading along
Hi Sam

The pasta was good and I couldn't finish it all either! And those Astro Orbitors...........awkward much A few more traditions to come yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
sue i am loving your report as always. you and your dd look like you are having the most amazing time in every shot

can i ask what type of camera are you using? is it a full on dslr? i'm thinking of upgrading to m4/3 system myself including the regular, prime and zoom lenses, and taking my lumix p&s as a back up... i hate travelling heavy, and i want something light & compact and that i can strap away easy on those rides...

also, i love the purple/red hue in your hair -- was that added for the trip or do you normally wear it like that? i think it is awesome
Hey Miss Alicia

I am so glad you are enjoying reading! The pics I have posted so far have all been taken with the point and shoot which is a Panasonic Lumix DZ10. It's a great one to take along to the parks as it is quite compact, has a great zoom and even has video capabilities. Comimg up though, I have days where I took the DSLR which is a Canon 60D. I got some amazing shots........the canvas I just had made is done from a Canon shot!

And my hair, well thanks for the comments! I always have it coloured ( hides the grey!!!! ) It is always some kind of purple,red, burgundy type get up. At the moment it is dark mahogony with pink and blond streaks!!!! DD's friends call me the "cool mum with the purple hair"! I can live with that
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #36
Shelby Disney
Earning My Ears

Fabulous Trip report Sue, and even more fabulous photos!
I am so glad to finally see the pics from your trip!
Can't wait for more!!!

2012 May - Disneyland & DCA
2014 Late - Planning WDW & DCA
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #37
marvel
DIS Veteran

Am i the only one feeling sorry for DH? Poor guy missin out on all the fun!
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #38
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
Am i the only one feeling sorry for DH? Poor guy missin out on all the fun!
Oh he had fun don't you worry!!!! He had all that time to not pick up after himself, have take out every night if he so desired, played poker until the early hours, watched more sport then I could care to imagine AND he missed out on all the shopping..................total DH bliss!!!!! We did miss him though, of course, but as he was the instigator of the trip and he wanted us to have a great time, we didn't want to let him down!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #39
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby Disney View Post
Fabulous Trip report Sue, and even more fabulous photos!
I am so glad to finally see the pics from your trip!
Can't wait for more!!!
Why thank you Shelby Disney

More soon!!!!! At least this way you don't have to sit through the dodgy pics
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #40
battymum
DIS Veteran

Just responding to Alicia's comment about the camera, I have a micro four thirds system, I made a lot, lot of errors on our trip, but it was easy to carry, I pretty much had it around my neck the whole time, and mostly would forget its there (although It did make me look like a tourist!)

Hopefully I have worked out the kinks and my Japan photos will be a lot better.

Sue,
Great trip report, you two had so much fun.
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #41
LizfromOz
Mouseketeer

Wow! Great trip report - we were there a couple of weeks before you and this is like reliving it all over again. One of these days I will write my own, but the standard of all of the fantastic TRs on the Dis are a lot to live up to!

I'm interested to hear your opinion of the Halloween parties. We had an absolute ball but boy were they busy! We still have some candy left over, lol

Can't wait to read your next installment.

Liz
LizfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #42
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz

Thanks so much and I am glad you are enjoying the report!

Hi Sam

The pasta was good and I couldn't finish it all either! And those Astro Orbitors...........awkward much A few more traditions to come yet

Hey Miss Alicia

I am so glad you are enjoying reading! The pics I have posted so far have all been taken with the point and shoot which is a Panasonic Lumix DZ10. It's a great one to take along to the parks as it is quite compact, has a great zoom and even has video capabilities. Comimg up though, I have days where I took the DSLR which is a Canon 60D. I got some amazing shots........the canvas I just had made is done from a Canon shot!

And my hair, well thanks for the comments! I always have it coloured ( hides the grey!!!! ) It is always some kind of purple,red, burgundy type get up. At the moment it is dark mahogony with pink and blond streaks!!!! DD's friends call me the "cool mum with the purple hair"! I can live with that
Hey miss sue

I <3 my lumix which is an fh25. Gorgeous pics from it, so compact and with the leica glass on it the pics were so crisp. I am just about to step out of my comfort zone and invest in the sony nex3. A huge step for me but i feel i need the better quality and omg your canvas is just to die for.

We are going back in late september and i cannot wait to experience halloween and all the spooky goodness i can only fit in mnsshp with our florida dates so i will compare and contrast halloween east coast vs west coast for you [we both know dlr is the better one but you know... For form's sake, i will take pics of both ]

I used to wear my hair in shades of purple and brown and red and gold. Omg twinsies lol. Just kidding. I must find my inner funky chick again

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #43
shellie may
Mouseketeer

Loving it so far Your pictures are amazing

Your meal at Carnation Cafe looks delicious the baked potato soup is on my list of things to try when i go in February.

Oh and I love the part about the stuffed animal collection. My house is filled with them and other collectibles, too as me and my mom both love them, and im pretty sure she will get a build a bear this trip since she has tried to stay out of there the last two trips we have took.

Can't wait for the next installment
DCL: 4night Dream Oct.2012
ABD: Lights, Camera,...Magic! One Day Tour
Upcoming: Disneyland July 2013 DI&S
shellie may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #44
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Loving your TR so far! Enjoyed your last one and glad to see you all enjoying yourselves so much even when things (like the chicken-fried dinner or illness) aren't going quite your way.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #45
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromOz View Post
Wow! Great trip report - we were there a couple of weeks before you and this is like reliving it all over again. One of these days I will write my own, but the standard of all of the fantastic TRs on the Dis are a lot to live up to!

I'm interested to hear your opinion of the Halloween parties. We had an absolute ball but boy were they busy! We still have some candy left over, lol

Can't wait to read your next installment.

Liz
Hi Liz and thanks for stopping in! I am glad I am able to help you relive your trip I honestly wouldn't cope until the next trip without all the wonderful reports here on the Dis! I am sure though that you would be most capable of letting us share your trip too!!!
The Halloween parties were loads of fun, but like you say oh so many people!!! Detailed reports with tons of pics on the way!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
Hey miss sue

I <3 my lumix which is an fh25. Gorgeous pics from it, so compact and with the leica glass on it the pics were so crisp. I am just about to step out of my comfort zone and invest in the sony nex3. A huge step for me but i feel i need the better quality and omg your canvas is just to die for.

We are going back in late september and i cannot wait to experience halloween and all the spooky goodness i can only fit in mnsshp with our florida dates so i will compare and contrast halloween east coast vs west coast for you [we both know dlr is the better one but you know... For form's sake, i will take pics of both ]

I used to wear my hair in shades of purple and brown and red and gold. Omg twinsies lol. Just kidding. I must find my inner funky chick again
Oooohhhh, I have a twin I will be most interested to hear all about the East Coast. You will lurve Halloween..........so much fun!!!! And yes please, oodles of pictures!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellie may View Post
Loving it so far Your pictures are amazing

Your meal at Carnation Cafe looks delicious the baked potato soup is on my list of things to try when i go in February.

Oh and I love the part about the stuffed animal collection. My house is filled with them and other collectibles, too as me and my mom both love them, and im pretty sure she will get a build a bear this trip since she has tried to stay out of there the last two trips we have took.

Can't wait for the next installment
Aww, thanks so much for liking my pictures! And the ones I have posted have all been taken with the point and shoot so wait til you see what has come from the Canon!!! ( well, we like them!!! )
Yes, tons of stuffed animals in this house and I am sure there will be more to come. What was that word again, oh I know, it's no!!!!!! And yes, you must go to build a bear................I love that place and it is so nice to have something that reminds you of your special trip that you made yourself! I will have pics of my bear coming up soon!
Thanks for coming along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
Loving your TR so far! Enjoyed your last one and glad to see you all enjoying yourselves so much even when things (like the chicken-fried dinner or illness) aren't going quite your way.
Well hello there and thanks ever so much for your kind words! I am so glad you are enjoying the report ( and the old one too!!! ). We really did have a fantastic time ( despite the couple of mishaps!!! ) and I am so glad I will have the memories forever

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: