Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #136
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

This is good so far!! Girl reminds me of a stuffed pooh I've had since I was a baby. I'll be 18 later this month but I still sleep with him and goes on my trips.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

Last edited by WDWJonasGirl; 05-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #137
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Loving your update Sue. Your photos are beautiful, I especially like seeing the ones later on in the day as the sun is going down, I love this time of the day, and Disneyland at night
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #138
AussieDisneyNut
Mouseketeer

Love the pics, especially the one with the castle and reflection ... just beautiful!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:27 AM   #139
Kiwigirls
Mouseketeer

The coffin chocolate mousse looks awesome! Hope they have that when we visit at Halloween time this year!

Loved the photos of the castle reflected in the water too.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #140
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Enjoy your next trip, we are now going to WDW since FD has come out, but will still read along with this.

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #141
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Some really great photos. Especially love the new addition to your Castle collection. Your new camera is working a treat.
Thanks Minniemum I can't wait til September so I can get some more shots to add to the collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Love all the great park photos! That's the great thing about a longer trip -- you don't feel rushed through taking photos.

And the Minnie shirts you are both wearing at the Minnie breakfast -- perfect!

PHXscuba
Glad you liked the photo's I will have some time like that this year too so I can't wait to get some more shots. I am writing a journal of sorts of things and angles etc I would like to capture. And we do love our Disney shirts!!! The idea of matching them for a character meal is always fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
I love your photos from this trip! I love the idea of a castle wall - I might have to steal that one And the Jack coffin meal looks awesome!
I am glad you like the pics! the castle wall will have a new addition soon! I have recently got myself an ipad and have downloaded some aps to change the colours etc in photo's. the new one is a castle pic that is black and white except for the pink roses at the bottom! It looks amazing!!! And yes, we both very much enjoyed the Jack meal and are hoping they have something similar this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
matey....riding along I am

great way to start a lazy saturday
Here to help More soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
This is good so far!! Girl reminds me of a stuffed pooh I've had since I was a baby. I'll be 18 later this month but I still sleep with him and goes on my trips.
Glad you are enjoying the report. Yes, Girl is a very special mouse and I am sure she will be accompanying us in September too! It's always nice to have that one "special friend". I have one too that was given to me on my 21st and he still sits on my bed...................24 years later!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ View Post
Loving your update Sue. Your photos are beautiful, I especially like seeing the ones later on in the day as the sun is going down, I love this time of the day, and Disneyland at night
I am so glad you are enjoying the report and the pics! I am going to try to get some more pics this year in the late afternoon as this is one of my fave times of day too! And Disneyland at night..................amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDisneyNut View Post
Love the pics, especially the one with the castle and reflection ... just beautiful!
More pics to come and I am thrilled you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwigirls View Post
The coffin chocolate mousse looks awesome! Hope they have that when we visit at Halloween time this year!

Loved the photos of the castle reflected in the water too.
The mousse was super yummo and hopefully they will have it again this year! And I am glad you liked the castle pics................

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
Enjoy your next trip, we are now going to WDW since FD has come out, but will still read along with this.
Sad we won't get to meet up, but hey, who can pass up free dining!!!!??? You will have to tell me all about that as we won't hit the world until 2016 and it will be our first time!!! And thanks for sticking around!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #142
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

we have now changed our plans and will be doing mnsshp in dlr instead of wdw, so i am itching to start planning it in more detail. and i can't wait to experience the halloween party at dlr, it's my happy place.

your pics have me itching to get back to dlr and start filling up my own photo wall. thanks for the inspiration

hope life has been treating you well

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #143
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

I am sorry to say that we will not he going in Sept so we will not be able to keet up again. We are now doing a Bahamian cruise on thw Wonder in Nov. My sister will be getting married on Castaway Cay while we are on our cruise.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #144
AussieDisneyNut
Mouseketeer

Hi Minnie Sue,

Just hoping that all is well with you ... looking forward to your update when you have a chance!

Old 06-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #145
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
I am sorry to say that we will not he going in Sept so we will not be able to keet up again. We are now doing a Bahamian cruise on thw Wonder in Nov. My sister will be getting married on Castaway Cay while we are on our cruise.
Oh that is a shame, but you will have a wow of a time on the cruise! Maybe we can catch up next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDisneyNut View Post
Hi Minnie Sue,

Just hoping that all is well with you ... looking forward to your update when you have a chance!

Guess what, I'm back!!!!! Thanks for looking out for me and I have 3 days of this report left before I can start the new PTR....................here we go!!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #146
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Tuesday 6th November 2013

We got up reasonbly early today and caught a cab up to Target to grab a few things to take back home to Australia! Wandered round for about an hour and picked up a fab Minnie Mouse jacket for me, some Avengers PJ's for the DD and a cool shirt for DH amongst other things! We also bought another bag as we were running out of suitcase space!
Grabbed another cab back to the Ho Jo, unloaded our purchases and headed up to the parks. We arrived around 10:45 and we were disappointed that all the fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers were gone already.

Had our first photpass photo of the day taken with Goofy.

Now, I might just refresh your memory a tad before I continue. DD and I made a pact before we left for our trip, that we HAD to ride every ride and see every attraction across both parks at least once. I will also remind you that I do not like getting wet on the rides ( unless it is the middle of summer and you dry out quick. I just don't like squishing in my shoes!!! )

So, I was dreading what was to come next.......................yep, Grizzly River Rapids was calling DD. In all the times I have been in DCA, I had always managed to get out of getting on. Not this time!!!

I was admiring the area and took some photos..................

Note the cheeky " ha ha Mum you have to get on" grin!!!

We got in the line which was quite short as we only waited around 10 minutes before boarding. They were doing some testing as some of the rafts were filled with water filled containers.

On we got. I can honestly say I was just not too happy about getting wet, but a deal is a deal! We floated round the first bend, the waves came crashing into the raft and guess who copped all the water???!!! The bottom half of me was drowned and my shoes.................oh dear!!! So now I thought I might as well just enjoy the rest of the journey! So, we started going up the incline ready for the drop on the other side. We made it to the very top.........................and stopped. Now at this point I thought we were just waiting for other rafts to go down. So, we waited. And waited. And waited some more. We struck up a great conversation with the other members of our raft who were from Canada and the USA. We waited some more and after about 25 minutes there was an announcement that the ride had malfunctioned and we were to be evacuated

Yes, evacuated!!!! A cast member appeared about 5 minutes after the announcement to tell us we all had to get out and walk down the emergency stairs inside the mountain!

They emptied all the water out of the whole ride and brought little step ladders that they placed next to the raft and helped us all off.

So, here are some pics that you might not have seen before!!!

With the water gone, you can see there are little walkways that are hidden under the water that go from one side to the other.

Standing right in the middle of what is normally gushing with water!

You can see where the water was on these stairs we had to use.

From the very top of the mountain

The empty rafts still at the top

Inside the mountain on our way down and out

And to think we were right at the top!!!

We were issued with 2 front of line passes for our trouble ( pity we couldn't use them for Carsland attractions. It was actually printed on the pass!!! )

We laugh about it all the time as technically I still haven't been on it!!! I have been told that will be changing this year though and you know what, I really don't mind getting wet any more and am quite looking forward to it! As long as I can change my shoes that is!!! Plus, the weather will be warmer too!

So, needless to say, I was feeling a tad yuck as my shoes were drowned and it took all day for my jeans to dry! So, we headed off and made our way over to ride California Screamin' which we did twice. We grabbed fastpasses for Soarin' and then lined up for 20 minutes and rode Toy Story.
It was then time for Silly Symphony Swings and the Little Mermaid.

Ran into this guy!

We picked up fastpasses for Tower of Terror and decided it was time to get something to eat so off to Paradise Pier we went. DD had mexican and I had a roast beef sandwich. The best part though was the most yummiest, gooiest cinnamon scroll ever................mmmmmm!!

It was then over to use our Soarin' FP and then we headed over to see what the single rider line for RSR was like. Not too bad at 20 minutes so we joined the line. It was great as usual but I missed my ride buddy

We then had Luigi's Flying Tyres to cross off the rides list, so we lined up for that.

Continued next post..................
Old 06-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #147
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Continued.................

This is the floor that the tyres float around on, kind of like a giant air hockey table!!!

This was to be the only time we would ride it. Not right at the top of our list to go back on!

It was then over to use our TOT fastpass. DD has since decided that this is her all time favourite, yes Pirates is now second

One of the best CM's that stays in character all the time is the guy on the left here with DD. His name is Moses and he is just so so good!

A colourful character!!!

So, we still had our 2 front of line passes each so it was off to Toy Story to use the first one! And yep, mine is the highest score.....................way to go Mum!!!

We used our second one for Screamin'

Time for some dinner we thought so we wanted to try somewhere new. Flo's cafe was where we ended up and I gotta tell you, I loved my meal here...............yummo! I had the roast beef with the special Coca Cola sauce. DD got the prk and we ended up sharing. She was not too keen on it though.

I loved the theming...........

This eye chart was on the wall

We had a few more rides we wanted to cross off the list so off to Bugs Land we went! First it was a quick drive round on Tuk And Rolls drive 'Em Buggies.

Next up was Flik's Flyers. It was then time to head over to watch, for the very first time, World of Color. To say this show is amazing really is an under statement. I was moved to tears. It is one of the things I am so very much looking forward to on our next trip. I kept the camera away as I wanted to enjoy it for the first time without seeing it through the lens of the camera. I did snap a coupe of pics when it had finished though!

We waved goodnight to cast members who were al lined up and headed back to the motel after a very fun day!

We also caught up earlier in the day with our favourite cast member that we met back in 2010. We had been looking out for him the whole time and finally found him in DCA! We had been teaching him how to speak "Australian"!!! We had been wondering the whole time if we sould see him or even if he still worked there! Laura got her pic with him in 2010 too! He was actually outside the Haunted Mansion and DD had just had her pic taken with Jack Skelligton and had her autograph book out. He waved to us and said he was sad that nobody ever asked for his autograph...................the rest is history!!!

When we returned to our room, there was a message flashing on our phone. When I listened to the message, it appeared one of the guests had been trying to contact me re a missing parcel of theirs from the Disney store. It turned out that a fellow Aussie Diser was staying at the hotel and we had ended up with one of her packages!!! And would you believe it, she was staying in the room next door!!!!
i made the call and the next thing we were all in our room having a great old chat! I was just so glad that is was us who ended up with the parcel, other wise she may never have received it!

Up tomorrow, Disneyland with special guests!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #148
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Great update, oh how I miss DLR! The weather looks awesome, so much better then the cloud and rain we have here today!!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #149
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Sounds like all of the rides you did after getting wet on GRR would have dried you out! Even though you didn't experience the whole ride, that sounds like a very interesting one to be evacuated from. Aren't we all weird DISers that being evacuated is a "plus" on a trip?

I want to eat a real meal at Flo's next time I go. That roast beef does look good!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #150
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
Great update, oh how I miss DLR! The weather looks awesome, so much better then the cloud and rain we have here today!!
The weather was wonderful excpet for the second last day which was a bit of a downer. It was not poor old DD's best day either

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Sounds like all of the rides you did after getting wet on GRR would have dried you out! Even though you didn't experience the whole ride, that sounds like a very interesting one to be evacuated from. Aren't we all weird DISers that being evacuated is a "plus" on a trip?

I want to eat a real meal at Flo's next time I go. That roast beef does look good!

PHXscuba
I know right?! Evacuation = Excitement!!! It really was fascinating and we still talk about it today! I am very much looking forward to having Flo's again.................mmmmmmm roast beef

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: