Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #121
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Awesome pictures, I would love to see the lights one year!

That second room video - or what was supposed to be a room video - was adorable. Watching your DH totally get distracted by Calvin's cuteness was hilarious!
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #122
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I so want to go when you guys did, but all this wound stuff threw my long term WDW plans out of whack. I can't wait to see the Osbourne lights myself!

Were you there on the second weekend? Tge roped off thing could have been D23's Magic & Merriment. I would love to attend that. You get a lot of special and exclusive experiences.

Those coffee filters aren't exclusively Mexican! I've done that too! in fact I've used a coffee maker and tin foil to reheat chinese food in a blizzard!

Can't wait to hear about yiur meet with Pam!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #123
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
Awesome pictures, I would love to see the lights one year!

That second room video - or what was supposed to be a room video - was adorable. Watching your DH totally get distracted by Calvin's cuteness was hilarious!
I edited out some of the video on the balcony, but in that part I was like, "Make sure you get the bathroom and kitchenette area." So when I came back to look at all the videos, there was nothing! He ended it right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I so want to go when you guys did, but all this wound stuff threw my long term WDW plans out of whack. I can't wait to see the Osbourne lights myself!

Were you there on the second weekend? Tge roped off thing could have been D23's Magic & Merriment. I would love to attend that. You get a lot of special and exclusive experiences.

Those coffee filters aren't exclusively Mexican! I've done that too! in fact I've used a coffee maker and tin foil to reheat chinese food in a blizzard!

Can't wait to hear about yiur meet with Pam!
Yes that was the second weekend. There wasn't many people in the roped off area but they were able to get some great pictures and video without being trampled over

Haha what the heck?! I don't even know how you did that but that is so amazing!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #124
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Haha what the heck?! I don't even know how you did that but that is so amazing!
Back when I had a day job, I was stuck in Missoura at this remote resort, no microwaves and I was in a "cabin", the regular resort part filled up first so I was out in the boonies in a "studio" without a microwave. They held the music educators convention there in the end of January for cheap rates! The last night one year everyone got snowed in at the cabins. I had eaten Chinese food the day before and had leftovers, so I made a tin foil ball, placed it in the "coffee part" and brewed water over it. Sort of "steamed" the leftovers enough heat them! There was no way this California Girl was going to risk driving in snowed in conditions! This was like 10 or more years ago. After being snowed in like that I learned to book a "one bedroom" and buy groceries when I was sent to that convention. It was in such a remote part of Missouri that I was the only one who did that show until I quit the company!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #125
norybell
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of the lights are beautiful! I would love to see them someday, but seems like every year it gets harder and harder to get away during the holiday season.

I would be jealous of your only gaining 10 pounds, but not if it's because you were so sick! That must've been awful!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #126
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Wonderful updates

Loved the videos, it was great to get a closer look at the one bedroom and studio at AKL - both rooms look great

Oh and HOW STINKIN' CUTE is the video of little Calvin
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #127
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - you really had an awesome view from your 1BR villa. Very nice. Enjoyed the video!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #128
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
It's so crazy how things change as you get older. 10 years ago, we were out partying and drinking it up and now I couldn't even imagine it!

We had some people over for NYE and I was sitting there at about 11:30 with my eyes getting heavy thinking to myself, "I hope they don't stay long past midnight."

A few years ago, my only worry would have been how long would it take to get rid of the hangover.

I'm glad the move to the new room went relatively well. That is definitely a bit odd that the remote was gone, but cool that you got to chat with a CM from close to home. I have to say from our past experience that they never seem to have the pack n play or bedrails in the room when we get there. We've always had to call, but they're always quick to get them there.

Nothing beats a nice evening in DHS for Osborned Lights and Fantasmic. It's too bad you missed that first bus, but I personally prefer to see the lights first and catch the second Fantasmic anyway. That second Fantasmic always seems less crowded and it is easier to get a good seat.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #129
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I love that family shot you got of the 3 of you! You all look great.

I want to see WDW all decorated for Christmas again. I did back in 2001, but I was younger and didn't care as much.
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #130
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

The Osbourne Lights are pretty amazing, aren't they? We went in 2007 on a once in lifetime Christmas trip and we both loved it.
Okay, back to YOUR trip. I love the family shot and the 2nd video is just too cute. No wonder your DH got distracted, the little man is the star of the show.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #131
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of the Osborne Lights Lesha!

I love them but my DH can't stand them, would you believe?

I also love Fantasmic, sigh, wish I was there right now......
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #132
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Back when I had a day job, I was stuck in Missoura at this remote resort, no microwaves and I was in a "cabin", the regular resort part filled up first so I was out in the boonies in a "studio" without a microwave. They held the music educators convention there in the end of January for cheap rates! The last night one year everyone got snowed in at the cabins. I had eaten Chinese food the day before and had leftovers, so I made a tin foil ball, placed it in the "coffee part" and brewed water over it. Sort of "steamed" the leftovers enough heat them! There was no way this California Girl was going to risk driving in snowed in conditions! This was like 10 or more years ago. After being snowed in like that I learned to book a "one bedroom" and buy groceries when I was sent to that convention. It was in such a remote part of Missouri that I was the only one who did that show until I quit the company!
How resourceful! I'm adventurous, so I would have thought the more snow the more fun for driving. My husband thinks I'm crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

We had some people over for NYE and I was sitting there at about 11:30 with my eyes getting heavy thinking to myself, "I hope they don't stay long past midnight."

A few years ago, my only worry would have been how long would it take to get rid of the hangover.
We had a friend who said he was going to come over because they do fireworks on the strip and we have a balcony on the front of our house with a strip view. He didn't wind up coming and we were super excited because then we wouldn't have to worry about hosting him until midnight. That really would have interfered with our 10pm bedtime plans Even just last year, we had a party and did some pretty good drinking, and now, we're over it.
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #133
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow! You are amazing! I'm the same way about snow and driving. I REFUSE to go back to PA anytime from November through April due to snow. I don't care if it's snow flurries, I refuse to do it! It's definitely the CA blood running through us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Your pictures of the lights are beautiful! I would love to see them someday, but seems like every year it gets harder and harder to get away during the holiday season.

I would be jealous of your only gaining 10 pounds, but not if it's because you were so sick! That must've been awful!
Hopefully someday you'll get there. I never thought I would be able to get to the World during Christmas and my dream came true! I'm hoping now with DH's job, we'll have the option to go during Christmas time if we want

The way I was feeling, I would have rather gained 30 pounds and felt fine during my pregnancy, than be sick for the majority of it. It really made me think that there was no possible way I could get pregnant again if I felt that way for the second pregnancy...especially with a child to look after I hear though, that for some pregnancies, it's not always the same as the first With my luck, i'd be even sicker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Wonderful updates

Loved the videos, it was great to get a closer look at the one bedroom and studio at AKL - both rooms look great

Oh and HOW STINKIN' CUTE is the video of little Calvin
I guess I shouldn't be too upset with DH that he didn't get the whole studio tour..especially since that video of Calvin was adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - you really had an awesome view from your 1BR villa. Very nice. Enjoyed the video!
We definitely lucked out on the 1BR view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

I'm glad the move to the new room went relatively well. That is definitely a bit odd that the remote was gone, but cool that you got to chat with a CM from close to home. I have to say from our past experience that they never seem to have the pack n play or bedrails in the room when we get there. We've always had to call, but they're always quick to get them there.

Nothing beats a nice evening in DHS for Osborned Lights and Fantasmic. It's too bad you missed that first bus, but I personally prefer to see the lights first and catch the second Fantasmic anyway. That second Fantasmic always seems less crowded and it is easier to get a good seat.
I had to laugh at your hangover comment! You're so right! I would prepare myself with water, advil, and crackers at my bedside the night before going out. Nowadays, it's water for my morning stool softeners TMI sorry.

I wasn't too concerned with moving from room to room within the same place. I was definitely more concerned with the move from one resort to another resort (which will be coming up in a bit!)

I, too, am glad that we did it this way. The stadium was probably more than half filled for the second showing which was nice. If we go during Christmas again, this is how we will be doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I love that family shot you got of the 3 of you! You all look great.

I want to see WDW all decorated for Christmas again. I did back in 2001, but I was younger and didn't care as much.
I would have probably been like that too back in the day. As adults now, we appreciate things more. I'm sure you would DIE if you saw it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
The Osbourne Lights are pretty amazing, aren't they? We went in 2007 on a once in lifetime Christmas trip and we both loved it.
Okay, back to YOUR trip. I love the family shot and the 2nd video is just too cute. No wonder your DH got distracted, the little man is the star of the show.
Oh wow for as many times as you've gone to WDW, your last time during Christmas was 2007? That seems like such a long time ago. The lights were glorious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Great pictures of the Osborne Lights Lesha!

I love them but my DH can't stand them, would you believe?

I also love Fantasmic, sigh, wish I was there right now......
Oh no! Why doesn't he like them? Is it because of all the people and how crowded it gets? Or does he really not like Christmas lights?

You're telling me! I wish I was there now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
How resourceful! I'm adventurous, so I would have thought the more snow the more fun for driving. My husband thinks I'm crazy.

We had a friend who said he was going to come over because they do fireworks on the strip and we have a balcony on the front of our house with a strip view. He didn't wind up coming and we were super excited because then we wouldn't have to worry about hosting him until midnight. That really would have interfered with our 10pm bedtime plans Even just last year, we had a party and did some pretty good drinking, and now, we're over it.
Dang, you must have a cool nighttime view of the strip then?

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #134
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

After the Osborne lights, we headed over to Starring Rolls. Apparantely, I didnít do my research right, because they were closed Now, for future reference, I know that they close at 4.

Because I wasnít too familiar with CS options here, we grabbed a map and decided on Rosieís All American Cafť. Luckily it was located near the entrance to Fantasmic. We got into a routine where mom would take the stroller and find us a table, while DH and I ordered and gathered all the food and utensils. This is some sad food pictures but this is all I have.

I ordered the Chicken nuggets with fries and DH did the same and we were both happy with our food. Even DH ate the whole thing and some of mine!

We also ordered the carrot cake Ė super yummy and moist!

Mom got the burger and the chocolate fudge cake. She liked her burger and loved the cake! I got to try the cake and it wasnít at all chocolatey like I thought it was going to be. It was semi-sweet and good!

Pam and I were texting a little, trying to figure out when would be good to meet up, and I told her I would text her after the 8pm showing of F! since we didnít make it to the first one. And she was fine with that since she would be hanging out at the park for a while anyways.

Once we were done eating, we headed towards the stadium. Mom absolutely loved the setup of Fantasmic here versus Disneylandsí setup. I think F! over at Disneyland is horrible. Youíre fighting with people for a good spot, youíre fighting with crowds to get to New Orleans Square, etc. Itís just awful. This is so nice to just walk up to the stadium and sit anywhere because you have an amazing view from any seat. She was very impressed.

I didnít take much pictures because I wanted to enjoy the show, but I did get a few shots.

Our view:

The show:

Iíve always loved the fire on water scene

We left before the finale so we didnít have to deal with crowds while carrying the baby, but we had mom watch the rest on the way out.

I grabbed the stroller and texted Pam and asked her if she could meet in front of Mickeyís hat and luckily, she was already there watching the band play.

Mom had me take a picture of the band for my brother. He owns his own landscaping business so she thought he would be amused by the name.

It was dark and there was quite a crowd in front of the stage so I told her I was in the back and a few seconds later she was coming towards me!

We hugged and said how great it was to finally meet each other! I also hugged her mom because it felt like I knew her too through Pams TRís. They were both so nice and cheerful (just like how they look in their pictures). We talked for a few minutes about how our trip was going and about how their trip was. We took a picture to document our meet!

It was a short but sweet meet up, and hopefully we can meet up again soon Pam!

We made our way out of the park and luckily a bus had just showed up and soon we were on our way back to the hotel. I wanted to get our mugs and show mom the Jambo house lobby, so we had DH take the baby back to Kidani. Just a tip: I didnít know I could get our mugs there at Kidani. The gift shop has a beverage station, which I didnít know about. Oh well, I wanted mom to see the lobby anyway.

As soon as we walked through the doors, mom was oohing and ahhing. It was beautiful!

We walked around the lobby for a bit, and headed down the stairs were Boma and Jiko was. I wasnít sure where the Mara was, so I asked for directions and then made our way over there.

Mom and I hadnít used our snack for the day, so I grabbed a muffin and she grabbed a chocolate croissant for breakfast the next morning. We also got our refillable mugs, which I was disappointed in:

Youíd think they would use Holiday mugs but these look Summery to me. Anyways, our mugs got comped because of our quick service plan and we headed to the beverage stationÖ.Oh my GOSH! I should have taken a picture but I didnít because I was too excited. THERE WAS MR. PIBB!!!!!! DH and I are huge Dr. Pepper lovers, so whenever we go to Disneyland or Disney World or go on a cruise, we always have to prepare ourselves that there isnít going to be Dr. Pepper or anything similar. But there it was, staring straight at me, so I HAD to get it!

Mom and I decided to walk back to Kidani to see how long the walk was and it was only about a 5-6 minute walk. Not bad at all!

When we got back to the room, I had DH take a drink from my mug. I asked him what this tasted like, and he said it tasted like Dr. Pepper but knew there wasnít any so he thought it was rootbeer. I told him it was Mr. PIbb and he was shocked and happy!

After our happy Mr. Pibb dance, we needed to give the kiddo a bath. Here he is all clean!

Mom put DS in his PJís while I watched (and laughed quietly!) DH attempt to put the Pack níPlay together. I had to take a picture of him doing it after a few minutes.

We all ended up going to bed around 11:30. I was excited for tomorrow. Our most favorite park ever was coming up!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #135
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Loving the updates! I didn't comment yet on the previous one since I still need to watch the videos. Love the Osbourne Lights, so amazing!

Yeah for our meet I was so excited I hope I didn't scare you hopefully we can get together in September, that would be awesome.

Oh my, the Jambo House lobby looks amazing! I sadly didn't get over to see it.

Calvin wrapped in his towel on the bed is just precious!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: