Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #31
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Landing was very smooth and the flight only lasted about 4 hours and 20 minutes from take off, to getting off the plane. Sweet! Our first official Florida pic!

We decided the day before to not put our Magical Express tags on our luggage so that we could have our luggage right away. So we made our way to baggage claim, but then DH spotted it. A Ruby Tuesdays! He had to have it so he got my mom a sandwich and a turkey burger for me and him to share. I had him stay and wait for the food, while DM, DS, and I went down to baggage claim to grab our stuff. The bags came quickly and were one of the first bags released onto the belt! Such luck!

Soon DH came down with the food and off we went to check in with Magical Express. We were one of the first in line for the bus and ended up waiting about 10 minutes before we were whisked away.

Bus ride was very quick! Probably because we were trying to eat our sandwiches and feed the kid too. The first stop was at Coronado Springs. We weren’t there too long and luckily AKV isn’t far from CSR. The first stop was at Jambo House. No one got off. Wish the bus driver would have asked who was going to Jambo and who was going to Kidani. Oh well, soon enough we were entering Kidani and I was super exicted!

I went to check us in and because I checked us in online 10 days before, I wasn’t up there for very long. I didn’t take any pictures of the lobby because I wanted to hurry up and get in our room but I did take pictures of it later.

We had a 1 Bedroom Standard View room. Check it out!

He's in a different onesie, if you noticed. He had a little accident on the plane. One of many that happen on this trip

Master bathroom

Guest bathroom

Laundry located in the closet in entryway

Master bedroom...animals are already occupying the bed!

Being changed AGAIN!

Love Simba and Nala on the headboard

Back to the living room area

And now the view from our huge balcony!

Is this really a standard view room?? It was a corner room with a view of the pool and a view of the savannah area!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Great view! Nothing like paying for standard and getting preferred Can't wait to read all about your first day - hope Grandma enjoys spending a little time with your DS and enjoys WDW with you both! What a beautiful family!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #33
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Yay, you've started

Too funny your mom knocking back the drinks to calm her nerves!

Your baby boy is such a cutie

Wow, great view from your room, looks like you really got some pixie dust
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #34
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi! I was a lurker on your other trip reports, and I guess it's time to say hello!

Your son is so cute! Can't wait for more!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #35
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Your room looks awesome!

We stayed in Jambo during our time at AKL two years ago and liked the resort a lot. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #36
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Yay you made it!

I bet you're glad you had a washer and dryer by the end of that trip with all the onesie changing! He's so adorable!!

That is some nice views! I bet it was relaxing out there.
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #37
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Your mom is so funny with the drinks! My BIL is the same way, scared to death to fly!

Your room looks great! It's getting me excited for my trip in a little over a month. You probably got one of the "reclassified" rooms. The savanna view was not enough to satisfy guests so it was changed to a standard. I've seen a number of TRs where people lucked out on these standard view rooms!

Such cute pictures with Calvin!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #38
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Awesome view! The one-bedrooms at AKL are so beautiful.

Calvin is so cute with his little mittens. I miss the mitten stage.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #39
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Great view! Nothing like paying for standard and getting preferred Can't wait to read all about your first day - hope Grandma enjoys spending a little time with your DS and enjoys WDW with you both! What a beautiful family!
We definitely lucked out with that view. Especially since I was reading that a standard view could be overlooking just the parking lot so this was an unexpected surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Yay, you've started

Too funny your mom knocking back the drinks to calm her nerves!

Your baby boy is such a cutie

Wow, great view from your room, looks like you really got some pixie dust
Hi Linda! We sure did get some pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Hi! I was a lurker on your other trip reports, and I guess it's time to say hello!

Your son is so cute! Can't wait for more!
Yes! Weren't you supposed to be going to WDW in December too??

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Your room looks awesome!

We stayed in Jambo during our time at AKL two years ago and liked the resort a lot. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!
The room was SO amazing! I really wish we didn't have to switch the next day to a studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Yay you made it!

I bet you're glad you had a washer and dryer by the end of that trip with all the onesie changing! He's so adorable!!

That is some nice views! I bet it was relaxing out there.
Oh my gosh! We wouldn't have made it without the washer and dryer. And here I was thinking, "10 onesies should be enough. 1 for everyday and 2 extra for just in case." Psssh ya right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Your mom is so funny with the drinks! My BIL is the same way, scared to death to fly!

Your room looks great! It's getting me excited for my trip in a little over a month. You probably got one of the "reclassified" rooms. The savanna view was not enough to satisfy guests so it was changed to a standard. I've seen a number of TRs where people lucked out on these standard view rooms!

Such cute pictures with Calvin!
Don't tell me that used to be a savannah view!? Ridiculous. That was from me standing in the corner of the balcony to get that shot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
Awesome view! The one-bedrooms at AKL are so beautiful.

Calvin is so cute with his little mittens. I miss the mitten stage.
My DH HATES the mittens on him. My husband is obsessed with baseball and football, so he thinks the mittens are keeping him from exercising his hand muscles and that may prevent him from throwing a ball later . But when his mittens are off, he has no problem at all grabbing my hair or earrings!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 12-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #40
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I probably won't update tomorrow or Christmas day, and i'm sure not too many of you will be on the DIS anyway, but wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope you all enjoy spending time with your loved ones during this time.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #41
MEK
DIS Veteran

That's a wonderful "standard" view room that you got! I love that. I think the standard view rooms are such a great point bargain and you definitely scored with that view.

I absolutely love the kidani villas. They are awesome. I haven't stayed there for awhile and its about time to make a return visit.

The picture of the three of you on the couch is so cute.

Happy Holidays!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #42
mswings
Earning My Ears

Wow! You have had some pretty amazing luck so far on this trip! Hope it continues that way for you
mswings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #43
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm glad that your mom was able to relax and enjoy the flight. And that was awful kind of your DH to make sure she didn't have to drink alone!!!

That seems like quite a nice surprise when you're not expecting that kind of a view!! I can't think of a much better way to start things off!
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #44
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

That's the view we had in November! Love the Savanna view for standard price! Did you see the Red River Hogs?

Happy Holidays!

Jill in CO
Old 12-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #45
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Yes! Weren't you supposed to be going to WDW in December too??
No - December is a time where it's very hard for us to get away, but we are going back in February.

Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: