Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Subbing! What a cute baby boy you have!

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #17
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I'm in! Love the pics of the baby and his daddy.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #18
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Yay yay yay!!! First update!!
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #19
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear about the trip.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #20
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yay I am so excited to follow along on your trip! Got some updates on Facebook but looking forward to more

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #21
mswings
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read all about your trip!
mswings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #22
lonestardawn
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm following along with your report. I loved your cruise report (I'm taking a Wonder cruise in January) and I've been lurking on your pre-trip report for this trip to get ideas for a future trip to Disney with my two daughters. I love Christmas decorations so I'm excited to see your photos of this trip. Hopefully I can go see them in person too one day!
lonestardawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Ok, I'm interested. We did our first trip as parents last year (and second this year) so I'm interested in seeing how your experience went. We've never attempted anything near the scale of flying cross country to visit WDW with a 2 month old though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
It was around 9pm and my mom started getting antsy (especially since we had an 8th floor view of the airplanes coming in) so she knocked back some of the Brandy that we had packed for her in a flask. She also brought along some Portuguese Anise in an empty water bottle since she had no available flasks . She took a swig of that too. Poor mom! For those of you that don't know, my mom ABSOLUTELY HATES flying. So she needs all the help she can get, and that help happens to be in the form of a little alcohol
Ok, that is funny... Maybe not to your mom though.

Whatever it takes to relax the nerves and get on the plane!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #24
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Welcome home! I"m all subbed and ready to see what's next for you! I usually drink before I fly, too, but not because I'm nervous, it's just how I like to start my vacation I hope your mom did ok.
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #26
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

The plane ride...dun dun dun!

I FINALLY uploaded all my pics AND I edited all my Photopass Pictures and am awaiting the email to download them (love that I don't have to have a physical disc anymore!) Also, ABSOLUTELY NO PEEKING on my Facebook for those that are friends with me. I needed to post the pictures on there for my family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 8th, 2012.

WERE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD TODAY!!!

I was excited and super nervous! Nervous for the flight for DS and nervous for my mom. But I needed to snap out of that and hurry up to get everyone downstairs for our shuttle pickup. The first thing I did was make coffee for my mom so she could pour her brandy into it. She poured at least two shots in the small coffee cup and drank it down. DH didnt want her to feel left out ()so he poured some in his coffee too . We made it downstairs at 5:25am and only waited about a minute or two before we started putting our suitcases in the shuttle. The drive took only about 6 minutes. It was wonderful to be picked up from our hotel and driven directly to the airport. I had checked in the day before and paid for any bags online, so check-in was a breeze. After checking in, we were told to take the elevator behind us, because of the stroller and as soon as the elevator opened up, we were at security already! DM still had her Anise in her carry-on and I told her that she had to drink her water quickly because theyll throw it away. Of course, DH isnt the slickest and slyest guy in the world, and he kept saying all loud, Just down the water! Who cares if it stings! But I dont think the security guy even cared. Maybe it happens all the time??

Going through security was the EASIEST and PLEASANT Ive ever been through! Maybe its because we were the only people in that security line, and maybe it was because we had a cute sleeping baby with us, but they were so nice and so excited for us that we were going to Disney World. They also helped bring over all our stuff to a bench so we wouldnt have to keep walking to the conveyor belt to pick up our stuff (even though there was no one behind us still at this point!) They were amazing!

As we were walking to our gate, I noticed that a bar was open! I didnt think bars opened up until 7am, so DH and DM went to grab a drink while I went to our gate to gate check the stroller.

Soon it was time to board! You know when youre boarding the plane and it takes a while for people to find their seats and put their bags up in the overhead bin, and the flight attendant will talk to you for a bit? Well, this was the convo between my mom and the flight attendant:

FA Good Morning!
DM Good morning and when do you begin serving drinks?

All I could was shake my head and giggle. Even with the brandy, the anise, and the screwdriver she had all within a few hours, still wasnt working. The flight attendant was super nice and said she would take care of her as soon as we were at the correct altitude.

Take-off was easy! DS was sleeping, didnt even want to take a bottle since I heard it was good for their ears to be eating during take off and landing, and mom was sitting in the aisle row with her eyes closed, and her arm around DH. Soon we were in the air and mom was able to get her drink, a screwdriver. A different flight attendant served her the drink and said to not worry about paying! I guess the original flight attendant she had spoken to had mentioned something about her being nervous so they comped her her drink! So nice! What a great start to our trip!

DSs first plane trip&sleeping!

DM is in the bathroom in the last pic.

The flight was pretty uneventful. No turbulence, no rocking. But when we got drinks again, mom ordered another screwdriver and DH ordered a cranberry vodka. Both comped by a different flight attendant! What the heck! Maybe I should be nervous too! We watched a little tv, read Skymall (something DH and I do on every flight) and talked.

We soon began making our descent down but took some pictures on the way down

Mickey head?? A little deformed but I was looking for a Mickey head anywhere I could! LOL!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #27
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Subscribing! Great start :

Emma xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Subbing.

Congratulations on your new addition. Your baby is adorable.

And congratulations on your DVC purchase and stay. What a nice long trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm here!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Following along! Your son is adorable by the way (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
Yay!! Great start. My mom is the same way about flying. Nothing helps her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm here! And I even made the first page!
Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
Staying near the airport sounds much better than getting up at 2:30am. Ewwww. Definitely worth it!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm here and so excited to hear all about Calvin's first trip to WDW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueenemj22 View Post
Hi, I'm going to sub. Your family is beautiful. Can't wait to hear more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm here for the newest adventure! Can't wait to hear all about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Subbing! What a cute baby boy you have!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in! Love the pics of the baby and his daddy.

Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
Yay yay yay!!! First update!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
I can't wait to hear about the trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yay I am so excited to follow along on your trip! Got some updates on Facebook but looking forward to more
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswings View Post
Can't wait to read all about your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestardawn View Post
Hi, I'm following along with your report. I loved your cruise report (I'm taking a Wonder cruise in January) and I've been lurking on your pre-trip report for this trip to get ideas for a future trip to Disney with my two daughters. I love Christmas decorations so I'm excited to see your photos of this trip. Hopefully I can go see them in person too one day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Ok, I'm interested. We did our first trip as parents last year (and second this year) so I'm interested in seeing how your experience went. We've never attempted anything near the scale of flying cross country to visit WDW with a 2 month old though!

Ok, that is funny... Maybe not to your mom though.

Whatever it takes to relax the nerves and get on the plane!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
Welcome home! I"m all subbed and ready to see what's next for you! I usually drink before I fly, too, but not because I'm nervous, it's just how I like to start my vacation I hope your mom did ok.
Wow! Love seeing my old friends here and some new ones! Hope I don't let you guys down!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 12-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #28
heathsf
DIS Veteran

So you had some pixie dust even before getting to WDW! An easy trip to the airport, no lines at security, and a smooth flight. Did your mom calm down once you were leveled off, or not until you landed in FL? That was really nice that they comped all those drinks for you guys
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #29
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Joining.
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #30
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
So you had some pixie dust even before getting to WDW! An easy trip to the airport, no lines at security, and a smooth flight. Did your mom calm down once you were leveled off, or not until you landed in FL? That was really nice that they comped all those drinks for you guys

Lots of pre-pixie dust!

She did calm down during the flight and was laughing and overall in a great mood...possibly the drinks?? Maybe! But I didn't care, as long as she wasn't freaking out and tense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Joining.
Hi and welcome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: