Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #226
MEK
DIS Veteran

Those family pictures are absolutely lovely!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #227
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Your photopass Pics are great! I can never seem to get them to take more than two or three and then they move on. Not sure why!

I'm so behind! I'm still not packed!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #228
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

That was really a good idea by your DH to have your mom close her eyes and have the sight of the castle be a surprise. I've never seen the Disneyland castle myself, but I'm sure it is quite an experience seeing that different castle there when your eyes and brain are probably expecting something else that you're used to seeing.

I'm sorry that you got to MK so late. It really does feel like a disadvantage anytime you get to the parks a couple of hours after they open.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #229
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
A little late joining in, but just wanted to say that I am loving your TR! And your son is sooooo adorable Enjoy him while he's so itty bitty, they grow way too quickly! My son is 3 1/2 but it feels like just yesterday he was a newborn!

Also, I totally know what you mean about FL weather. But I feel like it's really hit and miss. We were there last January and the first 3 days were FREEZING cold and we were bundled up like crazy and then the rest of the trip was gorgeous weather, highs of 70's and sunny. Crazy! But when you're in WDW, it really doesn't matter I guess
Hi and welcome!

Just last night, I was going through pictures in my phone and there was one of my son around 3 weeks old that I completely forgot that I took, and he was so tiny! I showed DH and said he missed him being that small already I know i'll regret saying this, but I can't wait until he's able to talk to me, instead of me always talking to him. I just want to converse with him!

Yes! I was at WDW in January in 2010 and the weather was all over the place then too! Freezing during the first half, and then nice and warm the last half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Enjoying your TR!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Those family pictures are absolutely lovely!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Your photopass Pics are great! I can never seem to get them to take more than two or three and then they move on. Not sure why!

I'm so behind! I'm still not packed!
Well i'm sure you're packed now, now that you're over there! Woot woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That was really a good idea by your DH to have your mom close her eyes and have the sight of the castle be a surprise. I've never seen the Disneyland castle myself, but I'm sure it is quite an experience seeing that different castle there when your eyes and brain are probably expecting something else that you're used to seeing.

I'm sorry that you got to MK so late. It really does feel like a disadvantage anytime you get to the parks a couple of hours after they open.
It will be almost a let down if you're so used to seeing the massive Cinderella's castle. Whenever you come to Disneyland one day, you'll probably be like where's the rest of it?!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #230
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

After our awful (and hilarious!) picture session, we did what 95% of the MK population does, and make a right towards Tomorrowland.

And what was our first ride at MK?!

And why this you ask?! Because it was hot, the kid needed to eat, and we already needed to rest. How sad.

Mom really enjoyed this because she hadnít been on this since they took it out at Disneyland in the 90ís. She was able to see all of Tomorrowland and the castle without having to walk, which is a huge plus.

After the ride, we headed over to Space Mountain just to see what the Stand-by line was. Five minutes?! Um okay! Mom didnít want to ride, so no baby swap, even though we probably wouldnít have needed it. The queue took us longer to get through than the line itself! In no time we were on and then off.

The guy behind me cracks me up. What is he doing that is making him lean and not us?! He looks rather uncomfortable.

After the ride, we went into a little store in Tomorrowland to buy my DB boxers. Random? Yes. But it happened. After DM made her purchase, we all decided to grab some lunch so we left the park. Can you believe we were only in the park for one hour? Blasphemy! We headed towards the monorail station but a CM told us they were closed. Awesome. We wanted to take DM on the monorail so she could see how efficient it was and how quick it was to get from place to place. So we had to take the boat, which really wasnít bad. We waited for a couple of minutes before the boat came. I was worried that we would have to take DS out of the stroller and break it down, but the captain told me to stay in the back where there are large openings for the strollers.

Soon, we were pulling up to the GF and we leisurely made our way towards the main building. This is where mom officially died. The Grand Floridian theme is right up her alley

She loved the real Gingerbread house

Posing in front of the Gingerbread house

There was a PP photographer near the tree so we had a little photo session. She ended up recognizing DS because she was the photographer over at AK when we were taking pictures outside the park on the way back to AKV!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #231
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Ah, love the rides you did at the MK! The Peoplemover is my favourite on a hot crowded day.
The guy behind you at Space Mountain cracked me up. The two of you look so relaxed and he is nearly falling out the ride vehicle.

What a shame that the Monorail wasn't running. I hope you got to ride it lateron.
Great "little" photo session at the GF! They have so many cute frames now. And I love the first visit one!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #232
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Great photos again!

I especially love the GF Christmas tree and the gingerbread house, they are awesome.

Good idea to feed Calvin on the Peoplemover lol
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #233
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I thought the peoplemover was put in for the exact purposes of resting and feeding babies.

You still should have had your mom get a baby swap so you could ride again...

I'm not sure what that guy behind you in the picture was doing... maybe trying to photobomb you or something???

It's a shame the monorail was down, but I know that seemed to happen quite often while we were there. At least you still got to head over to the GF and see all the Christmas decorations there. It is definitely impressive.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #234
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

All caught up, great family photos! At least you got a couple of rides in before heading to lunch. Hopefully you got back to MK. Now I'm hearing some reports that Space Mountain at DL is much smoother than at WDW. What are your thoughts?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #235
franandaj

What cute pictures and your DH and DS match! How cute!

I had to stop and read again where you said, "This is where DM officially died"

It took me a minute to understand what you meant!

I love that they put the composition of all the Gingerbread houses on a sign in front. I'm reading all kinds of TRs from around then and it's really neat to see that!

Can't wait to hear more!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #236
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
All caught up, great family photos! At least you got a couple of rides in before heading to lunch. Hopefully you got back to MK. Now I'm hearing some reports that Space Mountain at DL is much smoother than at WDW. What are your thoughts?
I'm not Alicia, but I can tell you it is WAY smoother. I couldn't believe how much I was jostled around on it at WDW. Not sure I want to ride it again.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #237
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh the family photos in front of the tree at GF are just beautiful

I'm hoping your lunch was at the GF Cafe as I'd love to know what you thought of it - we haven't tried it yet
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #238
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
I'm not Alicia, but I can tell you it is WAY smoother. I couldn't believe how much I was jostled around on it at WDW. Not sure I want to ride it again.
Thanks! I was over on the VWL thread and someone was talking about that. I can't wait to see the difference. I love SM but it sure does jostle you around. I'll be able to book the September trip on Sunday so I'm excited about that.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #239
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Ah, love the rides you did at the MK! The Peoplemover is my favourite on a hot crowded day.
The guy behind you at Space Mountain cracked me up. The two of you look so relaxed and he is nearly falling out the ride vehicle.

What a shame that the Monorail wasn't running. I hope you got to ride it lateron.
Great "little" photo session at the GF! They have so many cute frames now. And I love the first visit one!
I think i'll always and forever laugh at that gentleman behind me. He just looks so awkward!

There was actually a good amount of frames available and I really love the 'First Visit'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Great photos again!

I especially love the GF Christmas tree and the gingerbread house, they are awesome.

Good idea to feed Calvin on the Peoplemover lol
I've heard that the Peoplemover is one of the best places to feed! And it was! He was able to eat, and I was able to partake in my surroundings at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I thought the peoplemover was put in for the exact purposes of resting and feeding babies.

You still should have had your mom get a baby swap so you could ride again...

I'm not sure what that guy behind you in the picture was doing... maybe trying to photobomb you or something???

It's a shame the monorail was down, but I know that seemed to happen quite often while we were there. At least you still got to head over to the GF and see all the Christmas decorations there. It is definitely impressive.
Woah. Why did I not even think about making her get a baby swap for me?!

Maybe he was photobombing us!

Quote:
Oh you will LOVE Space Mountain at DL! Much, much smoother and there's music with the ride (has there ever been music on SM at MK?! ) However, I found that there was way more equal amounts of left and right turns at MK than at DL. At DL it's pretty much all right turns so it's nice to know which way to 'brace' your body, where as MK it's all so different!

Quote:
What cute pictures and your DH and DS match! How cute!

I had to stop and read again where you said, "This is where DM officially died"

It took me a minute to understand what you meant!

I love that they put the composition of all the Gingerbread houses on a sign in front. I'm reading all kinds of TRs from around then and it's really neat to see that!

Can't wait to hear more!
So I had written this update and saved it on a document (thanks to you) and I finally got around to posting it today. And as I was proofreading, I too, had to re-read This is where DM officially died" Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh the family photos in front of the tree at GF are just beautiful

I'm hoping your lunch was at the GF Cafe as I'd love to know what you thought of it - we haven't tried it yet
I love the pictures in front of the tree! Some of our best from the trip, IMO.

Quote:
Thanks! I was over on the VWL thread and someone was talking about that. I can't wait to see the difference. I love SM but it sure does jostle you around. I'll be able to book the September trip on Sunday so I'm excited about that.
DH and I were laughing so much on SM at MK because it really jerks you around so much. I like the seats a little better at MK though because they're more comfortable.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #240
amazingact21
Upendi

Those are really great PP pictures! Love the Christmas tree in the background.....I think that's what I'm really hoping to get by taking DS as a baby to WDW, some nice shots of the whole family.

I had to giggle at your mom's reaction to the GF, because my mother was the same way. Guess there's just something about the look and feel of the resort that appeals to them.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: