Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #211
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Hi Lesha! Great update - I could spend days in World Showcase I think

About Jaffa Cakes... yes, we love them! DH especially, I got him the special Christmas box last year which was a yard long we get miniature ones too, and there are some different flavours available (lemon & lime I think).

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #212
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Other than the bizarre rain shower it sounds like you guys had a fabulous evening at Epcot.

I'm asked all the time where my accent is from, it always gives me a chuckle. I certainly can't hear I have an accent...
What the heck? I didn't notice any accent when we met up. But I do notice with East Coasters, well my family from PA for sure, word and pronounce things a little differently and we'll end up coming back home with it. It's hard to explain, but when they ask us a question, it doesn't sound like a question. It's more of a statement? Really weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi Lesha! Great update - I could spend days in World Showcase I think

About Jaffa Cakes... yes, we love them! DH especially, I got him the special Christmas box last year which was a yard long we get miniature ones too, and there are some different flavours available (lemon & lime I think).

Emma x
Oh wow different flavors! That's really cool.

I looked up the yard long box and that's really cool!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #213
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Too be honest, I completely forgot about the cup holder not being permanently attached! It worked very well when being folded. I just remembered to take any little things out, like binkies, etc. When we unfolded the stroller when we got off the bus, we never had to fiddle with the cup holder or anything. It worked really well and would DEFINITELY recommend getting it. I'm not sure how we would have survived without it.
Thanks. Will have to look on ebay for one.

Have read a couple of your days which have been great. Kidani is lovely isn't it?

And Calvin, how adorable is he???? I know you know that already but he is just so cute!

Going to try and read some more now.

Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #214
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Thanks. Will have to look on ebay for one.

Have read a couple of your days which have been great. Kidani is lovely isn't it?

And Calvin, how adorable is he???? I know you know that already but he is just so cute!

Going to try and read some more now.
No problem!

Kidani is so amazing. I need to get back pronto!

I don't get tired of hearing how cute he is, so please, keep on.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #215
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

So the original plan for today was to get to the Magic Kingdom at 9:30am to get on a few rides and tour for a little bit before heading over to the Grand Floridian on the monorail to have lunch at Gasparilla Grill using our Quick Service dining plan. Well, scratch some of that! We didn’t get to the park until 10:52am!

I’ve never been to the MK that late before in my life. And I gotta say I didn’t like it. I felt like I was so behind on everything. Like I was missing out on things that other people were getting to experience. Oh well. I shouldn’t complain. I was still at the Magic Kingdom during Christmas time!

I love this next part. Right before we got to Main Street, DH had DM close her eyes so she could see the difference between Disneyland’s castle and Magic Kingdom’s castle. She opened her eyes and she said, “Oh my!” It was so cool to see her reaction. My camera wasn’t quick enough to capture it, but this was seconds later when DH was explaining to her how 'forced perspective' is used.

And, oh my, what a sight with the decorations!

We got in line for some PP pictures and holy cow it was hot! It was about 80 degrees and humid. Not fun for anyone.

Without a border

With a border

Then she had us turn around for a photo in front of the tree, which didn’t turn out the best.

As we started walking down Main street, I saw this group of women that were dressed really cute. Does anyone know what they do/who they are?

Getting closer to the castle

And a closer castle shot with PP

Okay so these next set of photos, I didn’t even bother editing and putting borders on because they are kind of ridiculous. I think DH was over smiling and it looks like mom was talking. It was also hot so that’s another factor to why we all look the way we do, but I was determined to get PP shots, especially since I paid, $150 for unlimited photos. I also enjoy looking at these photos quickly in iPhoto because it tells the stories that are going on behind us.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #216
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

There's that churros shirt!

Love all the pictures. I'd love to be on Main Street right now.
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #217
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Haha on the PP pics! I am like you, I love going back and forth in iPhoto and seeing the people in the background move while you are standing still!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #218
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Such great pics
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #219
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I fell behind again but now I'm caught up. It seems like you were having a great time.

That mysterious rain was pretty funny, although I'm sure it wasn't very funny at the time.

About Californians having an accent, my best friend's fiance is from Reseda and I think there are certain words he says that make him sound not-from-around-here. "Cousin" and other words with that 'uh' sound are the most prominent.
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #220
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Just got all caught up. Loving all the updates! Super cute prince onesie for DS! And now I really wish I was at La Cava...and then wandering around the World Showcase countries! Looks so wonderful.
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #221
amazingact21
Upendi

It's great that you took advantage of the Photopass Photographers. I'll admit, I always wish I'd stopped for more photo ops whenever I get the PP package. It's just so hard when rides are calling your name.

I know what you mean about not liking getting to MK so late. Those first few hours after the park open is usually empty, and you can normally hit up a lot of the attractions then. Was it having a little one that threw your time table off? Just curious if I should be prepared for this on future trips.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #222
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Wow, it's really surprised me how hot it was during your trip

We are going to be in the world for the first two weeks of December this year and I was fully expecting us not to get such warm weather - I hope we do though as it would be nice to escape the British winter!

Love your PP pics
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #223
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
There's that churros shirt!

Love all the pictures. I'd love to be on Main Street right now.
I actually think that shirt is starting to grow on him now, which i'm happy about! Now hopefully I can convince him to get another Disney shirt - so now he'll own two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Haha on the PP pics! I am like you, I love going back and forth in iPhoto and seeing the people in the background move while you are standing still!
Isn't it so funny! I've done that since the first time we did Photopass back in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Such great pics
Thanks Monica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
Great updates! I fell behind again but now I'm caught up. It seems like you were having a great time.

That mysterious rain was pretty funny, although I'm sure it wasn't very funny at the time.

About Californians having an accent, my best friend's fiance is from Reseda and I think there are certain words he says that make him sound not-from-around-here. "Cousin" and other words with that 'uh' sound are the most prominent.
Haha really?! I always enjoy going to different places and talking to people and hearing their accent. Especially at Disney World, people come from all over so I get to hear so many different accents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Just got all caught up. Loving all the updates! Super cute prince onesie for DS! And now I really wish I was at La Cava...and then wandering around the World Showcase countries! Looks so wonderful.
I wish I was wandering around the WS too! It is the most relaxing thing to do, while still 'doing' something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
It's great that you took advantage of the Photopass Photographers. I'll admit, I always wish I'd stopped for more photo ops whenever I get the PP package. It's just so hard when rides are calling your name.

I know what you mean about not liking getting to MK so late. Those first few hours after the park open is usually empty, and you can normally hit up a lot of the attractions then. Was it having a little one that threw your time table off? Just curious if I should be prepared for this on future trips.
I hear ya on that one! I'm always thinking, "Okay, so there's a couple in line before us, they'll probably take 5 minutes with the photographer, and then it will probably take us 5 minutes too, so 10 minutes gone, which ride will I be missing because of that 10 minutes?!"

You know, i'm not sure what threw us off! It may have been my mom. Usually she's really quick about getting ready, and it seems she was a little slower on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Wow, it's really surprised me how hot it was during your trip

We are going to be in the world for the first two weeks of December this year and I was fully expecting us not to get such warm weather - I hope we do though as it would be nice to escape the British winter!

Love your PP pics
You're telling me! We were completely caught off guard by the heat. Next time, i'm packing lots of shorts!

I've read that weather in Orlando is all over the place, but I honestly didn't expect it to be warm at all. So i'm sure you'll get some warm spots on your vacation. Although I will say, the last two days of our trip was FREEZZZZING!

Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #224
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

A little late joining in, but just wanted to say that I am loving your TR! And your son is sooooo adorable Enjoy him while he's so itty bitty, they grow way too quickly! My son is 3 1/2 but it feels like just yesterday he was a newborn!

Also, I totally know what you mean about FL weather. But I feel like it's really hit and miss. We were there last January and the first 3 days were FREEZING cold and we were bundled up like crazy and then the rest of the trip was gorgeous weather, highs of 70's and sunny. Crazy! But when you're in WDW, it really doesn't matter I guess
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #225
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: