Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #196
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I swear it always rains when we are at Epcot. We've decided that Epcot hates us.

I really want to try some hummus from Morocco. Is it any good?
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #197
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Rotfl that would have happened to me too!

We've never eaten at Tangierine Cafe, but might have to change that next trip as that food looked awesome
We hadn't either, but i've always heard good things about this restaurant and not so good things about their TS restaurant. So i'm glad that we gave it a try. It's something I think I would go back to again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
We love Tangierine Cafe - The veggie platter that they serve is just wonderful

Oh and by the way, I have often ran into a UK pub to get out of the rain!!
Ooh, I didn't even look at the veggie platter. Perhaps DH and I could share one of those and one of their meat combos next time, because for us, a meal isn't a 'meal' unless there is some type of meat in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Two great updates, and weird on the mysterious rain.... That would so happen to me
Gah, I swear bad/weird things always happen to me and never anyone else, so I always look like a freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
The current version is the third. As far as I know they were all right there in the same spot. I completely missed out on seeing the second version, but from my understanding there was no Figment and it was the absolute worst.

I don't really remember the original Imagination ride in a lot of detail... I mean we're talking about 20 years ago now. I just know it was always one of my favorite rides in EPCOT (probably similar to my DS's love for It's a Small Mexico). My mom has a picture from my first ever trip when I was 3 with Dreamfinder and Figment and I always had to get some kind of Figment souvenir when we went.
That's the first time i've heard that ride referred to as "It's a Small Mexico" and I love it!

I checked out the first figment ride and I could see how you would love that as a kid! And wow, it is completely different now but Figment has not changed at all over the past 20 years, which is pretty cool!

[QUOTE=afwdwfan;47270496]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I never did catch an entire Christmas story at any country, but I did manage to stop for portions of the one in Norway a few times...

That's alright. We feel the same way about all you women too.
Hmm, I wonder why

I figured I would have a certain 'someone' get me for that line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I swear it always rains when we are at Epcot. We've decided that Epcot hates us.

I really want to try some hummus from Morocco. Is it any good?
Then Epcot hates us equally!

It really was delicious! DH was on a hummus fix a few years ago, so when I would buy some I would give it a try and it never really tasted right to me. So I would buy different brands and it still didn't win me over. But this one was really good. Definitely give it a shot!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #198
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I left us off with me looking like a crazy person with the invisible rain, then I got to thinking...maybe they were the crazies ones. I mean, they were drinking in a bar right??..but then again, I did have to down my drink pretty quickly...let's just move on

DM got a Boddingtons and DH got a Stella and we started going through the shops in the UK. DM officially started doing her Christmas shopping here, where I got this in my stocking (which I’m drinking right now)

She also bought two of these - one for DH and one for DB because they both enjoy beer. We’re also working towards making a mini bar in an empty sitting room in our house, so this will go nicely.

While looking at some of the food products, we ran into a couple, who was actually from England and we started talking about how they don’t really eat some of the things that they sell here. I then asked them about a specific type of food that my dad got me obsessing over, way back when he was alive and I could not remember what the name was. They finally figured out and it was Jaffa Cakes! I’m so glad they remembered the name for me. Linda and Emma, are these pretty popular or not really?

While we were in the front shop, their beers were empty so DH and I went back to the pub for some more. DM said she just wanted to share a beer with me, which usually means, “Get me my own” so we came back with three beers. One Harp for me and 2 Boddingtons for DH and DM.

Mom drank some of her beer and did some more shopping, where she bought me this

Oh my gosh, this smells heavenly! A little pricey for hand cream, but oh so worth it. She even got some for herself. She also bought a few other random things that I can’t remember now.

Anyways, DH was waiting outside and I decided to join him while mom was paying for her things

The store where mom spent an easy $200

She eventually came out and we decided that it was a good time to head home. A few more pictures on the way out of the park and we saw a PP photographer so we grabbed some shots with him

It started sprinkling a little bit; you can kind of see it in the pictures

And had to take a picture of SE. Didn’t notice until now that I got the monorail in it. Sweet!

And some PP shots

Love the snowflakes on the ground

And being quiet because the baby is sleeping. Sigh, DH…I don’t know what to do with him sometimes. I just showed him the picture and he said he did that because he thought Stitch would be popping out. Like how it was supposed to be over at AK.

I was SOOOOOO excited for tomorrow because tomorrow would be Magic Kingdom AND Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – also known as, “Our Date Night!!!!!”

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #199
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Woohoo for your fun visit to the UK

If you spent some time in a pub and it was raining when you left, you certainly got a truly British experience !!

Right, Jaffa cakes ......... Well me an DH love them !!

They are very popular in England and you'll find them in pretty much every grocery store. At Christmas they were selling them in huge boxes down at my local supermarket
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #200
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Jaffa Cakes are still very popular over here, DH and DS love them. I'd be happy to send you a box or two!

I love your Photopass pics in front of Spaceship Earth.

Can't wait to hear about your MVMCP date night
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #201
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Woohoo for your fun visit to the UK

If you spent some time in a pub and it was raining when you left, you certainly got a truly British experience !!

Right, Jaffa cakes ......... Well me an DH love them !!

They are very popular in England and you'll find them in pretty much every grocery store. At Christmas they were selling them in huge boxes down at my local supermarket
That's awesome that Jaffa Cakes are still popular. My dad introduced them to me back in the 90's so wasn't sure if their popularity died off. After I posted my update, I saw that I can get them online so yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Jaffa Cakes are still very popular over here, DH and DS love them. I'd be happy to send you a box or two!

I love your Photopass pics in front of Spaceship Earth.

Can't wait to hear about your MVMCP date night
That's so sweet! I actually looked online after I posted my update and saw that I can get them online but thank you anyways!

MVMCP is something I'm so looking forward to writing, just because it was so fun!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #202
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Your night PP pictures at Epcot are really good! I also love how your mom spent so much in that store. I could easily spend tons in all of those World Showcase shops but always feel guilty!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #203
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

You mom sounds so sweet! You are one lucky lady!!

Can't wait to hear about the date night, though I will miss seeing more photos of that adorable little man!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #204
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

I just spent a while reading through your whole TR. I had all these little comments stored up in my head, all which flew right out of my mind when I saw the last picture of you and your mom shhh-ing and your DH...so funny!!!!! I'm still laughing!

Anyway, I'm really loving your TR. Your son is just so precious. I love the pic of him in AK sleeping with the stuffed animals in the stroller. He just has the sweetest little expression.
TinkyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #205
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

haha! That picture of your husband is hilarious! Was he trying to kill Stitch? And did he not realize that you and your mom were doing quiet? Men are so funny! It makes for a really great picture though. I showed it to my husband, he thought it was awesome!
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #206
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Quick, random question before I actually comment on your posts!

It looks like you have the cup holder thing attached to your stroller - did this cause any problems when you had to fold the stroller using the Disney buses? I have the same but in purple and wasn't sure whether to get the cup holder as we will be using the buses. I don't want to buy it and find it is in the way when folded.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #207
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I left us off with me looking like a crazy person with the invisible rain, then I got to thinking...maybe they were the crazies ones. I mean, they were drinking in a bar right??..but then again, I did have to down my drink pretty quickly...let's just move on
Well, let's think this through... Those slushes are strong, but not quite that strong even if you slammed it. So it comes down to this...

Were you wet?

If yes, then they're the crazy ones. If not...

Quote:
While looking at some of the food products, we ran into a couple, who was actually from England and we started talking about how they don’t really eat some of the things that they sell here. I then asked them about a specific type of food that my dad got me obsessing over, way back when he was alive and I could not remember what the name was. They finally figured out and it was Jaffa Cakes! I’m so glad they remembered the name for me.
Cool story! It sometimes pays to chat with random people at Disney World.

Quote:
While we were in the front shop, their beers were empty so DH and I went back to the pub for some more.
Well, we certainly can't have empty beers.

Quote:
DM said she just wanted to share a beer with me, which usually means, “Get me my own” so we came back with three beers. One Harp for me and 2 Boddingtons for DH and DM.
You've got him trained well.

Quote:
The store where mom spent an easy $200
So, I take it your family likes shopping in the UK???

Quote:
It started sprinkling a little bit; you can kind of see it in the pictures
So you're not crazy then!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #208
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love the food at the Tangerine cafe. SO good! YUM! Not so sure about your experience with the server though. Sounds a little weird.

Boddingtons - my favorite - your mom and your DH have good taste! That hand cream sounds like a nice souvie.

Cute picture of the four of you in front of the Christmas tree.

A date night? Fun!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #209
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Your night PP pictures at Epcot are really good! I also love how your mom spent so much in that store. I could easily spend tons in all of those World Showcase shops but always feel guilty!
Exactly! Luckily for my mom, she's never guilty about shopping for things, especially if it's for her kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
You mom sounds so sweet! You are one lucky lady!!

Can't wait to hear about the date night, though I will miss seeing more photos of that adorable little man!

I definitely am!

They'll be a few pics of DS but it will be mostly of DH and I. Hope you don't get too sick of seeing our ugly mugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
I just spent a while reading through your whole TR. I had all these little comments stored up in my head, all which flew right out of my mind when I saw the last picture of you and your mom shhh-ing and your DH...so funny!!!!! I'm still laughing!

Anyway, I'm really loving your TR. Your son is just so precious. I love the pic of him in AK sleeping with the stuffed animals in the stroller. He just has the sweetest little expression.
I hate when I have to catch up on others TR's too and have all these things to say, then I see something new and forget my old comment I should just learn to keep a pen and pad nearby.

Oh my gosh, when I first saw that PP pic, I was like, " Is DH trying to back-hand DS?!" Now i'm thinking, what was running through the PP photographers mind?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
haha! That picture of your husband is hilarious! Was he trying to kill Stitch? And did he not realize that you and your mom were doing quiet? Men are so funny! It makes for a really great picture though. I showed it to my husband, he thought it was awesome!
I think he was trying to back hand an invisible stitch, but it sure looks like he's going to back hand DS! He knew exactly what we were doing because we all heard the photographer say to put our fingers to our mouth like we're trying to be quiet. Sigh. Maybe i'll have to Photoshop Stitch in there to make this picture look somewhat better before we get CPS called on us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Quick, random question before I actually comment on your posts!

It looks like you have the cup holder thing attached to your stroller - did this cause any problems when you had to fold the stroller using the Disney buses? I have the same but in purple and wasn't sure whether to get the cup holder as we will be using the buses. I don't want to buy it and find it is in the way when folded.

Too be honest, I completely forgot about the cup holder not being permanently attached! It worked very well when being folded. I just remembered to take any little things out, like binkies, etc. When we unfolded the stroller when we got off the bus, we never had to fiddle with the cup holder or anything. It worked really well and would DEFINITELY recommend getting it. I'm not sure how we would have survived without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Well, let's think this through... Those slushes are strong, but not quite that strong even if you slammed it. So it comes down to this...

Were you wet?

If yes, then they're the crazy ones. If not...

Cool story! It sometimes pays to chat with random people at Disney World.

Well, we certainly can't have empty beers.

You've got him trained well.

So, I take it your family likes shopping in the UK???

So you're not crazy then!
Phew! I'm so glad that someone figured out I wasn't crazy and seeing 'invisible rain'.

Oh no, my family, particularly, my mom, likes to shop EVERYWHERE! I'm sure they'll be more shopping pictures later on

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love the food at the Tangerine cafe. SO good! YUM! Not so sure about your experience with the server though. Sounds a little weird.

Boddingtons - my favorite - your mom and your DH have good taste! That hand cream sounds like a nice souvie.

Cute picture of the four of you in front of the Christmas tree.

A date night? Fun!
She was definitely a little weird. Like she'd be hitting the hookah pipe a little too much

I had never tried Boddington's until that night and it is definitely refreshing. Probably even better with fish and chips

I was going through your links and came across a youtube link for 9/11. Are you singing?! It's BEAUTIFUL

Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #210
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Other than the bizarre rain shower it sounds like you guys had a fabulous evening at Epcot.

I'm asked all the time where my accent is from, it always gives me a chuckle. I certainly can't hear I have an accent...

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: