Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:18 AM   #166
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Well yeah, I said it before, CUTE little PRINCE Charming in training!

Thanks for your insight on TT. I have kind of mixed feelings about it but we will give it a try in February.
Wow! La Cava was empty. Good for you! Their drinks are really yummy, had to as Tom and I chose exactly the same drinks as you two on our first visit there.

TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #167
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow, I can't believe you haven't eaten there with all the times you gone to WDW. You really do need to try it someday. The dessert section is amazing! But no grand marnier souffles i'm afraid.
I think we ate there once I seem to remember ordering food and eating there, but it was a while ago. We have been so consumed with ADRs and stuff that we don't end up eating at a lot of CS restaurants. I am still really looking forward to trying the Yorkshire County Fish House (in addition to all the other places at Epcot I want to eat!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #168
monica23535
DIS Veteran

I loved that onesie so much, I bought it for my friends baby back here in the UK on our last trip. Calvin looks adorable in it too!

Ah, Mexico. That is my favorite pavilion at WS for sure. In fact we are flying out to Mexico for the first time this August, if I can get a good deal on some flights for the three of us.
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #169
FancyNancy
Princess

Your mom trying Beverly was just too funny and I love the baby mickey onsie!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #170
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Wwww..Future Prince Charming! How cute! And I did like the Nemo onesie you had on him too!

Haha..tricking your mom to trying the Beverly!

Yum! Those margaritas look good. We might have to stop there!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #171
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

If you ever fly in to Vegas, sit on the right side of the plane. Almost always you will land and take off with the strip view to the right. As you saw, it's pretty gorgeous. It's really selfish, but as a local I know this and always sit on that side. I consider it my right

Mmm... La cava de tequila is on my list of places to go next time. I want to try the cucumber margarita. I bet it's super fresh tasting. Makes me want a margarita right now actually... hmmm... day drinking possibilities I love the chair with Frida Kahlo on it, too! I love her art!

Where's Figment? Is that where Captain EO was?
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #172
MEK
DIS Veteran

I loved your update. So much to comment on.

Is La Cava de Tequila the BEST?????? Their ritas are the best and props to your DH for doing the tequila flight. I am definitely not that brave.

Aurora looks like she has never seen a baby before. Her smile and excitement is contagious. And you DH looks so smug like as if to say, "Muhahaha, I got the princess to look at me cause I have a baby".

I missed the Gospel Group performance last year. Darn.

I love the outfit you had to get for DS. It's too cute and you will always remember that from your first trip.

Love your mom's Star War /ToT picture. I hope you were able to convince your mom to go on it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #173
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Well yeah, I said it before, CUTE little PRINCE Charming in training!

Thanks for your insight on TT. I have kind of mixed feelings about it but we will give it a try in February.
Wow! La Cava was empty. Good for you! Their drinks are really yummy, had to as Tom and I chose exactly the same drinks as you two on our first visit there.

Oh definitely give it a try! I still liked the idea that we were test dummies.

I know! The last time we were in La Cava, it was packed! And I believe we both got the same thing as last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I think we ate there once I seem to remember ordering food and eating there, but it was a while ago. We have been so consumed with ADRs and stuff that we don't end up eating at a lot of CS restaurants. I am still really looking forward to trying the Yorkshire County Fish House (in addition to all the other places at Epcot I want to eat!
Oooh I didn't get a chance to go to Yorkshire this time. On the last day, I was hoping to get some, but we ended up going somewhere else instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
I loved that onesie so much, I bought it for my friends baby back here in the UK on our last trip. Calvin looks adorable in it too!

Ah, Mexico. That is my favorite pavilion at WS for sure. In fact we are flying out to Mexico for the first time this August, if I can get a good deal on some flights for the three of us.
Awesome! Are you going to Cabo or Puerto Vallarta?? Are you doing an all inclusive? I was thinking the other day about how cool it would be to take DH to Mexico for his 'Dirty 30' birthday in July. But wasn't sure about prices and where to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Your mom trying Beverly was just too funny and I love the baby mickey onsie!
I thought it was hilarious too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Wwww..Future Prince Charming! How cute! And I did like the Nemo onesie you had on him too!

Haha..tricking your mom to trying the Beverly!

Yum! Those margaritas look good. We might have to stop there!
I love him Nemo onesie! In fact, I think that one and the pirates one is my favorite of all the Disney onesies he has. It will be a sad day when I have to put them away when he outgrows them

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
If you ever fly in to Vegas, sit on the right side of the plane. Almost always you will land and take off with the strip view to the right. As you saw, it's pretty gorgeous. It's really selfish, but as a local I know this and always sit on that side. I consider it my right

Mmm... La cava de tequila is on my list of places to go next time. I want to try the cucumber margarita. I bet it's super fresh tasting. Makes me want a margarita right now actually... hmmm... day drinking possibilities I love the chair with Frida Kahlo on it, too! I love her art!

Where's Figment? Is that where Captain EO was?
I was on the right side actually!

I hear that one is delicious! I'm not sure why I got the blood orange, knowing full well I have already tried it on my last trip in 2010. I should have went with the cucumber. I was trying so hard to remember her name. I kept thinking "Fried" and knew that wasn't right!

Yes! It's right next to Captain EO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I loved your update. So much to comment on.

Is La Cava de Tequila the BEST?????? Their ritas are the best and props to your DH for doing the tequila flight. I am definitely not that brave.

Aurora looks like she has never seen a baby before. Her smile and excitement is contagious. And you DH looks so smug like as if to say, "Muhahaha, I got the princess to look at me cause I have a baby".

I missed the Gospel Group performance last year. Darn.

I love the outfit you had to get for DS. It's too cute and you will always remember that from your first trip.

Love your mom's Star War /ToT picture. I hope you were able to convince your mom to go on it.
The tequila flight is delicious! I didn't try any on this trip, but I had some on our last trip and it was great. We love doing Tequila tastings anywhere it's offered like at WDW or the Disney cruises.

Aurora was so sweet and so cute. I was always wondering how the characters would interact with a sleeping/non active baby, but they always did great!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #174
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Love how your DS is looking at the Dumbo plush! How cute You are all having so much fun - it would be difficult choosing a Margarita! Your mom's looks the most delicious tho

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #175
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I think I kind of agree with your mom about Soarin, and I don't even get my fill of it at 2 different parks. I mean it is a fun ride, but it isn't really something I feel the need to ride 2 or 3 times. Now, as far as Figment goes... I don't agree with your DH. I guess the current ride is a little bit... well, it sucks. But I remember the original Figment ride from when I was growing up and love that little guy, so it is one that I always have to ride.

It is a shame that your DS had an accident. I hope there wasn't any collateral damage to your DH. The new onesie looks good on him though.

I had kind of the same opinion of the new TT. I really like the design part, and I love playing with the settings to design a better car, but the actual ride part is just kind of meh... I don't know if my expectations were just too high or what, but I really wasn't overly impressed by the Tron like stuff.

The Cava del Tequila was an excellent idea. It is always time for a margarita, and the ones there are fantastic.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #176
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Hi! I just found your TR and I will be reading along also.

I was hoping to find some pictures and info about Kidani, we leave on Sunday!!

Looks like you guys enjoyed it! Your room view was great! And that was only a standard? I hope we get some pixie dust and get a view like that one. We saved the points and booked a standard view also. We'll see!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #177
amazingact21
Upendi

I've heard the new Test Track is very Tron-like; it kind of sucks that the ride stopped in the middle. Had to kill some of the anticipation that's supposed to build up.

I love that onsie! I bought one for DS when I was there in December and can't wait for him to wear it. It stinks that you had no choice in having to buy a new outfit, though. The joys of vacationing of with a baby.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #178
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm missing updates left and right! All caught up.

Too funny about the pack n' play. Hopefully DH wasn't too shamed.

Very nice and short wait for the Epcot bus. I didn't really like TT before so I need to give it a chance again.

Bummer about the poopy problem. I'm glad it didn't soak through onto DH, that would have been even worse!

Your poor mom with the Beverly she's a good sport! Do they actually sell it in a country people like it? It is so dreadful.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #179
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone. I had given myself a new years resolution that's kind of taking over my life, even though it really shouldn't. I'm trying to up my cooking from 4 nights a week to 5 but aiming for 6 and so far so good. I post pictures every night of the food I make to help motivate me for the next night to keep going, and so far it's working

But right now i'm hooked up to a machine and will be for the next 20 minutes so here's an update!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #180
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I left us off leaving the wonderful La Cava del Tequila and making our way to more countries...

Luckily when we went outside it wasnít raining and those dark clouds were gone. DH grabbed DSís stroller (which you canít bring in, by the way) and started making our way to Norway. Mom and I were browsing in a little shop outside of Mexico, while DH was conversing with some folks sitting outside the shop (you can kind of see them in this photo off to the left in an ECV).

DM and I ended up joining the conversation, talking about Disneyland and the differences between there and WDW. They were from Louisiana and had been to WDW like 50 times. Jealous! We said our goodbyes and started walking towards Norway. Hereís a Margarita stand, just in case you were looking for one

DH asked if he had an accent because the folks he was talking to said they could tell that he was from California Has any other Californians ever been told that they had an accent before? Weird.

On to Norway we went

And we just had to stop into the bakery for something sweet. I loved the fireplace in here.

I got the school bread because I wanted mom to try how delicious it was, and surprisingly DH had picked out the Rullekake Jelly roll (the picture is from Easywdw)

DH DEVOURED IT! Now for those of you that donít know, DH isnít a huge fan of desserts, which is why he always tries to substitute his dessert in the dining plan for another side. But this he loved. He finished it before we even left Norway! I saved the School Bread to eat at our room later.

The line for Maelstrom was 20 minutes so we skipped it and went on to China.

We wanted to show DM how beautiful it was inside the domed building, so we headed in there and there was a short line once inside the building. So I peered around the corner and Mulan was there! Score!

A picture while waiting

And then our picture!

She spoke so softly but strong too, if that makes sense. Just like her character. She said goodbye to Ďmy little warriorí and off we went to explore a little bit.

We stepped inside the large store (I can never remember the name!) but then DH suggested we keep walking because we could come back here later on in our trip to shop, which we never did

On to Germany we went and there was a little stage set up with a Christmas tree and oversized nutcracker and I knew it was for the Christmas Storytelling. About 2 minutes later a very pretty girl came out

DH had a mad crush on her Itís alright, iíll probably end up crushing on someone from Italy later on

DS was actually watching and listening to the story!

The story itself was really cute. At one point she asked everyone to close their eyes and wish for a nutcracker (or something like that lol) and look what appeared!

The story was really cute and something we all enjoyed listening to. Well, DM wasnít paying much attention, she was busy watching someone make glass ornaments, but DS, DH and I really enjoyed it. The story was only about 10 minutes long which is not a huge dent in touring time.

After the story we thought a beer sounded delicious, so we didnít have to walk too far to partake in one.

DH having a conversation with the CM and a fellow guest.

DM and DH enjoyed spending time in all the shops in Germany, while I kinda hung around outside with DS and the stroller. Then DH yells at me to come inside one of the stores right away and to have my phone ready. I thought, maybe there is someone famous inside or there was a character roaming the store, but no. He had me take pictures of these (these are only 2 of 7 photos that he had me take..didnít want to bore you lol)

He wanted to make one of his co-workers jealous because he collects soccer jerseys Sometimes, I just don't get men and I think i'm okay with that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: