Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #151
amazingact21
Upendi

I've never been disappointed with the setup of Fantasmic, either. The way the stadium is situated makes it so even if you show up late, you can still get a good spot. Glad all of you were happy with the show.

DISmeets are so much fun! Glad you got to experience one while there.

Haha, Pack N Plays are not the easiest thing to set up. I watched my DH and Cousin try to set one up last year, and it was quite amusing. As soon as we purchased ours for DS, my husband's first order of business was perfecting the art of setting it up/breaking it down.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #152
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I've never been disappointed with the setup of Fantasmic, either. The way the stadium is situated makes it so even if you show up late, you can still get a good spot. Glad all of you were happy with the show.

DISmeets are so much fun! Glad you got to experience one while there.

Haha, Pack N Plays are not the easiest thing to set up. I watched my DH and Cousin try to set one up last year, and it was quite amusing. As soon as we purchased ours for DS, my husband's first order of business was perfecting the art of setting it up/breaking it down.
So last night, our weekly family dinner (me, DS, DH, DM, DB, and Dsil) was at my moms last night and we decided to take and keep the Pack n'Play over at her house for when she babysits.

I didn't want to take it out of the box because I just knew it was going to be such a pain to setup. Woah! I'm not sure if it was because it was brand new or what, but I did it one one 'swoop'! I'm thinking the Disney ones are so old and rickety, they are way more difficult to put together (they're probably also cheap too) but I was so thrilled to not have to fight to put it up like DH did!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #153
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo, all caught up! Really enjoying everything so far - Calvin's a little cutie and it looks like he felt right at home at WDW. A couple things I wanted to respond to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post

Dang it really does go by fast, although it seemed like the first month was the LONGEST by far. It seemed to drag on and on. Probably because I wasn't feeling good and was restricted to the couch. But now it feels like i'm finally able to enjoy being a mom since i'm 100% fully recovered and he's more active now. I can now say it's fun!
I agree 100% with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
No I don't! I never really even thought about meeting up with other moms. There is another girl that i'm now friends with (used to be more acquaintances but has gone a bit further now) who got pregnant at the exact time as DH and I. Her name is Alicia too and she lives a few blocks away from me. Anyway, we would FB each other every few weeks, asking each other if we were experiencing any of the same symptoms, etc, all throughout the 9 months. We even went into the hospital on the same day to be induced and her room was right next to mine! Her daughter was born a few hours before my son. So we have this cool bond going on and we text each other every other week asking about each others kids, etc. We're going to start walking together once the weather starts to get a little warmer here, but that's really the only interaction I have with another mom. All my close friends are single with no children, and any other friends have children that are way older than Calvin.
We found that our local community ed program has a new parent group that meets weekly (free group), so I started going to that during my maternity leave. It's nice because all the parents have babies very close in age. Well, someone from there started a little facebook group and now we meet up outside of that group. So, that might be something to check into, if there's a similar thing in your area. It's fun to get together with the moms of other late-2012 babies.

Looking forward to hearing more about Calvin's big adventure!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #154
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Woo hoo, all caught up! Really enjoying everything so far - Calvin's a little cutie and it looks like he felt right at home at WDW. A couple things I wanted to respond to:

I agree 100% with this!

We found that our local community ed program has a new parent group that meets weekly (free group), so I started going to that during my maternity leave. It's nice because all the parents have babies very close in age. Well, someone from there started a little facebook group and now we meet up outside of that group. So, that might be something to check into, if there's a similar thing in your area. It's fun to get together with the moms of other late-2012 babies.

Looking forward to hearing more about Calvin's big adventure!
Hi great to see you back on!

I should check into something like that. It would be even better if they were 'Disney' people then we would have more in common!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #155
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Epcot day! Yay! We were so excited to show DM around this park, because we just knew she was going to love it.

We were all up and out the door by 9am. Not too shabby!

DS was pretty happy waiting at the bus stop

According to this next picture, the bus came 6 minutes later and DS already made a mess of himself. Aye, cant take him anywhere!

Fifteen minutes later we were driving through Epcot gates

Eek! I was getting very excited at this point. I can’t say enough how much DH and I LOVE Epcot. It can be such a nice relaxing park but so full of entertainment.

So normally, the plan for most people is to grab FP’s for Soarin’, however, we’ve been on that ride too many times to count over at Disney’s California Adventure and DM thinks that ride is just OK, so on to the next big thing! Test Track! It had been refurbished and opened up just a few days prior to us getting there, so I knew it was going to be more popular than usual. Welp, as we were walking up, people were being turned away. GREAT! They said the ride was down and was hopefully going to be up later.

So what is the next best thing? Go on Ellen’s Universe of Energy! It was the perfect time too, because it started getting warm. We did NOT pack accordingly at all. After the ride, we wanted to walk to the other side of Future World, but on the way, we stopped by Club Cool…muahahaha You know what’s going to happen..

Before starting our soda tasting, mom wanted to look around and she ended up buying some Coke glasses. She has a small collection of coke products at home, and she loved these. Then it was onto the tasting!

We told mom that we had to save the Italian one for last because it was just too good. So we started from left to right, skipping the Beverly . Of course she loved the Mexico one. Then it was time. I told mom on this last one that we had to cheers. Here’s DH explaining the Beverly and how popular it is among Disney folk

Cheers!

The taste

Annnnd the aftermath

She was so confused as to why we would like this, and we told her that we didn’t but we just wanted her reaction! Then she started laughing because of how terrible it tasted. I gave it a little sip just so I could remember what it taste like…good lord. It tastes like throw-up bile.

After Club Cool, I wanted to take mom on Journey into the Imagination and DH refused! He hates figment so he waited while we got on, with of course, no wait. DM thought it was really cute. At the end of the ride, we wandered through the ‘What If’ labs and saw a family getting there picture taken and having their faces put on Star Wars characters. Surprisingly mom wanted to do it and I chose the one she should do..Heehee..

I thought it was pretty hilarious! I chose this one because I wanted to make sure that she would eventually get on Tower of Terror because then this picture would be all for nothing. Smart aren’t I?!

As we were leaving the lab, I saw Aurora come out of the side of a building and got DH’s attention…well, I screamed at him. Not a very nonchalant way of getting his attention and not very ‘princess’ like, but dangit, I wanted to make sure DS got a picture with her!

Here’s DH following Aurora like a creepster

We were second in line so hardly any wait, then it was time to meet her! And of course DS was sleeping.

She said farewell to the little Prince and then we were off in search of food. Sunshine Seasons please! Note for any newbie parents that plan on taking their babies soon – you can’t take a stroller inside the Living with the Land pavilion. You have to park the stroller outside, which I completely forgot, but luckily I brought the carrier with me so I wore DS in.

We all looked together at the different menu stations, and then all went in different directions at that point. I ended up getting the Togarashi Seared Tuna Noodle Salad and for my dessert I got the Strawberry Shortcake, which you can kind of see in the picture (sorry for the lack of pics – I was still wearing DS at this point)

Omgosh, both were really good! I was really impressed with the tuna dish. There was just the perfect amount of tuna and the noodles were very tasty. DH ended up getting the same dish too, but instead of dessert, they allowed him to substitute for mac and cheese, which he loved. DM got the Turkey and Monterey jack on ciabatta with Chipotle Mayo and she devoured it! I can't remember what she got as a dessert.

After lunch, we headed towards Living with the Land for a nice little boat ride. DH wanted to hold DS on this ride instead of having him in the carrier. Right as the boat pulled up, DH said, "I feel something warm. We gotta go now!" DH and I went to the companion bathroom together and dang! This kid pooped everywhere! And of course, I forgot to pack another onesie Off to Mouse Gears it was.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #156
luckylady
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read about the rest of EPCOT. I love the tree there. IMO they have the best one and I want that angel. Last update you did, nothing better in life then a fesh clean baby.
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #157
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

And another great update! Those pictures of your DS with Aurora are priceless. Sorry for the little "mishap" that made you search for a new outfit for the little prince. But I am sure you found something really cute!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #158
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Great update!!!!

Did you "forget" to pack a onsie like I "forget" to pack a sweatshirt?
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #159
norybell
DIS Veteran

Great update! Except now I want to eat at Sunshine Seasons right now, please!

Don't they always seem to poop at the most inconvenient times? Mine likes to do it the second I've got him in his carrier and am about to leave the house. Especially if we're running late!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #160
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
I can't wait to read about the rest of EPCOT. I love the tree there. IMO they have the best one and I want that angel. Last update you did, nothing better in life then a fesh clean baby.
There tree is gorgeous! I have a picture of us in front of it at night later on

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
And another great update! Those pictures of your DS with Aurora are priceless. Sorry for the little "mishap" that made you search for a new outfit for the little prince. But I am sure you found something really cute!
Funny you mention little prince...wait for the next update

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Great update!!!!

Did you "forget" to pack a onsie like I "forget" to pack a sweatshirt?
LOL omgosh, DH even asked, "You didn't bring an extra onesie because you didn't want to run back to the room when I asked if you brought one huh?!" I honestly thought there was one in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Great update! Except now I want to eat at Sunshine Seasons right now, please!

Don't they always seem to poop at the most inconvenient times? Mine likes to do it the second I've got him in his carrier and am about to leave the house. Especially if we're running late!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Ugh, no kidding! We never did get to go back to ride Living with the Land because of the poop incident.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #161
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

We made our way (quickly!) to Mouse Gears, in search of a onesie for our messy DS. While browsing, DM wanted to get Dumbo for DS. You can also see a blanket that DS is laying on because of the mess he made

Well, there weren’t too many options in 3 Month size (mostly 6 months and up were available) but I ended up getting a cute one anyway. I told DH and DM to go listen to the gospel music that was going on near the fountain, while I put his new clothes on. Here is his all fresh and clean!

Now mommy knows to make sure that I pack more clothes in his diaper bag

If you’re ever at Epcot during Christmas, make some time to hear some of “Joyful! A Gospel Celebration” They are spectacular!

They are so animated and make you want to get up and dance, which we did! My mom loved them so much, she wanted to come back at another time to see their full show because we had caught them at the end.

As we were walking away, we caught a PP photographer

And then saw a small PP line for a picture in front of the Mickey and Minnie topiaries

We thought it would be a good idea, to see if Test Track was up and running before heading over to the World Showcase for a little bit and it was! I got the rider swap pass and DH and DM went through the standby – it was only 10 minutes! I waited for them in the showroom and checked out some of the cars they had. I then headed into the picture area so I could get their picture on our PP card. I didn’t have to wait to long before I saw this pop up

I asked DM what she thought of it and she really liked it. She said she liked the cute theming of Radiator Springs Racers over at Disney’s California Adventure better but she loved the fast part of this ride way better.

Then my turn!

If you haven’t been on it yet, you design your own car and then see how it matches up to other guests’ cars at the end of the race. People can pass you up when you stop to make your car, so I just went really fast in choosing my car so we could just get on the ride, and DH did the same.

As other people have stated, it has a strong ‘Tron’ feeling to it, which I like. I think I like the way TT was before the change though. Anyway, our car stopped for 2 minutes right in the middle of the ride, which kinda ruined the feel and continuity of the ride. Oh well, still the best part of the ride is the fast part outside! Here’s our PP pic

You can’t even see me because my hair was all over the place!

We found DM with DS looking at some of the vehicles that we’re thinking about getting soon (the Chevrolet Equinox. Anyone recommend it?) As we were leaving it started pouring! Everyone was gathered around the exit debating whether to brave the rain and make a run for it to their next place (we’ll call them the crazies) or stick it out. Here I, automatically assuming, that we’ll stick it out because of the stroller. Nope! Dh took the stroller from, put the canopy down, put his hood on and ran! Um, okay! Where are you running to!? We didn’t even discuss where we were going to next! He ended up running back into Mouse Gears where we stayed for only a few more minutes till the rain let up. I wanted to feed DS at this point, so we thought we should go on Spaceship Earth to knock out two birds with one stone. Mom liked it and we were DYING laughing at her picture. I so regret not taking a picture of it but she didn’t realize that they were taking a picture of her face so her face looked all weird and crazy like.

After SE, we decided it was time for some margaritas! YES!!!!! Off to Mexico we go!

Looking back towards SE

The sky was still really dark so we wanted to hurry up and get inside. DH in front of us, obviously excited to show DM Mexico…or maybe just excited to get a drink finally!

Look at everyone in shorts! I’m telling you, DM and I packed WAY wrong.

As soon as we entered, DM loved it instantly. She said it reminded her of all the Mercados she frequented, when she visited her family who lived in Mexico.

We did a little bit of browsing and a little bit of shopping before heading into La Cava del Tequila. There were plenty of tables open which was surprising.

A waiter came over with menus and gave us a few minutes

We put in our drink order along with an order of Chips and Guacamole. I took a picture of the cool chairs while we waited

In no time we got our drinks. DH went with the Tequila Flight

I got the Blood Orange Margarita

And DM went with the San Angel Inn Margarita

Salud!

Ugh, they were soooo delicious. We wanted to stay for another one, but wanted to continue on with touring a little bit more of the World Showcase.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #162
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Cute baby and tequila, that is a perfect update!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #163
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Those tequila drinks look awesome! I would love to sit and enjoy some drinks there!

Sorry about the mishap, but you did find a really cute onesie to replace the poopy one!

There's just not enough time to enjoy all the yummy treats around WDW, I never end up eating at Sunshine seasons just because there are so many other place where I have reservations or other CS places I still want to try!

That's what's great about DVC, we get to keep going back!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #164
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Mmm, those Margaritas look delicious

Great updates as always, I love the cute little onsie that you picked up from Mouse Gears for Calvin
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 AM   #165
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Cute baby and tequila, that is a perfect update!
Lol thanks!

Is that you and your husband in that picture down in your signature? That is a really cool, romantic picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Those tequila drinks look awesome! I would love to sit and enjoy some drinks there!

Sorry about the mishap, but you did find a really cute onesie to replace the poopy one!

There's just not enough time to enjoy all the yummy treats around WDW, I never end up eating at Sunshine seasons just because there are so many other place where I have reservations or other CS places I still want to try!

That's what's great about DVC, we get to keep going back!
Wow, I can't believe you haven't eaten there with all the times you gone to WDW. You really do need to try it someday. The dessert section is amazing! But no grand marnier souffles i'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Mmm, those Margaritas look delicious

Great updates as always, I love the cute little onsie that you picked up from Mouse Gears for Calvin
I guess it was a good thing that he pooped his onesie because I would have never bought that one had he done it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: