Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #136
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh wow for as many times as you've gone to WDW, your last time during Christmas was 2007? That seems like such a long time ago. The lights were glorious!
Christmas isn't a time we can travel normally. School is still on and in 2007 I had to take unpaid leave and this is a "once in a lifetime" event here at our schools. Going during the holiday period itself is hard too as Tom doesn't get that time off. So I guess, until we retire we will have to live off the memory of 2007.

Okay, back to the update.
The AKL lobby is just so amazing! We just love to visit there and just wander around. So pretty.
And I am happy to hear that you found your favourite drink. Maybe I should try my first Dr. Pepper in February. You make it sound like it is a very nice drink.

Oh, and even if I repeat myself. Your little man is soooooo cute!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #137
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Great update!

I on the other hand love our Fantasmic! I love the whole way that it comes out of a bustling park during the day and is transformed at night. It is a PITA when they block off NO Square and route the traffic around, but I still like ours better.

And Calvin is just such a cuties. Nice to see a picture of Pam since she never posts them in her TR!

Let's hear it for September!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #138
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Sounded like a really nice evening at the Studios

I think we sat in nearly the same seats for Fantasmic in October, my photos are from a very similar angle!

That was cute your Mom wanted to take a photo of the band name at DHS... I drive past a garden center on my way to work every day, and there's a big sign outside saying 'MULCH - SOLD HERE".. and I always think of the DHS band!

We didn't find the walk between Jambo House and Kidani Village too far either, from reviews I'd read online I thought it was going to be miles!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #139
norybell
DIS Veteran

I love Mr Pibb, even more than Dr Pepper (maybe because we can never get it).

And I hate to repeat everyone, but I have to say it: Calvin in his towel is ridiculously adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #140
monica23535
DIS Veteran

How cute does Calvin look all wrapped up in his towel, I just want to pick him up!

I've just asked DH why he dislikes the Osborne Lights so much and he said he just doesn't think they're anything special!! Yes, he is very strange lol
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #141
Disney_Ohana
Mouseketeer

Great TR & beautiful family!

Disney_Ohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #142
heathsf
DIS Veteran

I know several people already said it, but I'm assuming you don't get tired of it: Calvin is sooo cute!!! Ahhh!! Your TRs were always great, but pictures of that little cutie make them even better!!

Dr. Pepper is hands down my favorite soda. I don't think I've ever had Mr. Pibb though! Does it really taste just like it? Is it a regional thing?
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #143
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I love Fantasmic! Aw man...you missed the finale though. It gives me goosebumps! I understand wanting to beat the crowd though.

DH and I love Mulch, Sweat, n Shears! We think the lead guy definitely reminds us of Jack Black!

The lobby looks so neat for Christmas!

Aw, I love bath time with babies. They always smell so good afterwards!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #144
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

We tried to go to Starring Rolls and they were closed then too! It must have been right around 4 because we saw it was open, passed it to ride TOT, then came back and they were closed! I was so bummed...

I can't stand the way Fantasmic is at Disneyland. I never watch it because it's so frustrating to get a spot. WDW set up is way better.

Yay for Dis Meet!

I'll have to remember there's a spot to fill the mugs at Kidani for whenever I get there next time. At first when I saw the hot pink, I was like oh this mug is awesome, but then I was thinking wait, why is Minnie wearing a bathing suit? That's kinda lame. I wonder if they just over-ordered summer mugs, under-ordered winter mugs, or if they were trying for the this is sunny Florida thing

Love AKL lobby and everything about it

You're little Calvin is the cutest thing ever in his towel! What a perfect picture!

We do have a really good view of the strip. Our house sits on top of a hill and we are pretty much straight North of the strip, so if you turn and look right from our balcony you have a perfect view. Our community isn't fully built out yet, but our view won't change because we're on the hill. This is from when the house was under construction.

happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #145
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

I am loving your Trip Report!

Your baby is super cute, I love the photos at AK where he is sleeping with his little tong hanging out!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #146
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Great update, I loved Fantasmic at WDW. I've been to DL twice, but never seen it because it seemed like too much trouble (and we're lazy!)

I secretly love those little chocolate cakes and carrot cakes, they're always way better than you think they're going to be since they're so pre-packaged looking.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #147
FancyNancy
Princess

Really enjoying your trip report so far. Your son is so cute and yay for a Dismeet!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #148
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
We had a friend who said he was going to come over because they do fireworks on the strip and we have a balcony on the front of our house with a strip view. He didn't wind up coming and we were super excited because then we wouldn't have to worry about hosting him until midnight. That really would have interfered with our 10pm bedtime plans Even just last year, we had a party and did some pretty good drinking, and now, we're over it.
I know what you mean. It really just sneaks up on you too. Used to be I wouldn't even think about going to bed until at least 11 or 12. Now at about 9:30, I start thinking of what needs to be done before I can go to bed.

That view looks awesome!

Quote:
I had to laugh at your hangover comment! You're so right! I would prepare myself with water, advil, and crackers at my bedside the night before going out. Nowadays, it's water for my morning stool softeners TMI sorry.

Just part of the child birth experience.

Quote:
Mom absolutely loved the setup of Fantasmic here versus Disneylands setup. I think F! over at Disneyland is horrible. Youre fighting with people for a good spot, youre fighting with crowds to get to New Orleans Square, etc. Its just awful. This is so nice to just walk up to the stadium and sit anywhere because you have an amazing view from any seat. She was very impressed.
I really think it would be a neat experience to see it the way Disneyland has it set up though. I do agree that a stadium is a great way to watch a show like that though. It isn't as much fun when it is a crowded day with one show at 6:30 and you have to line up early and fight the sea of humanity to get in though.

Quote:
Youd think they would use Holiday mugs but these look Summery to me.
I was disappointed too. They're actually the same mugs they had last year when we went the week after Thanksgiving, so now we've got 2 sets of the same mugs sitting at home.

Quote:
THERE WAS MR. PIBB!!!!!! DH and I are huge Dr. Pepper lovers, so whenever we go to Disneyland or Disney World or go on a cruise, we always have to prepare ourselves that there isnt going to be Dr. Pepper or anything similar. But there it was, staring straight at me, so I HAD to get it!
That's funny! My BiL drinks Mountain Dew every day, and we had to stop at the first gas station we saw after we left Disney property because he was going through some serious withdrawal.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #149
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the long post – don’t feel obligated to reply in detail. I’m playing catch up on a lot of PTRs turned TRs right now!

I feel ya with the overstuffed car. We drove to the city we flew out of to stay at a hotel and had all our stuff in our suburban. But in the morning the “shuttle van” turned out to be a station wagon-style taxi! We really had to shoe-horn everything in there. And I remember traveling with our two girls and the portable crib, car seat, & diaper bag. Makes you feel like a Sherpa!

The morning you woke up to fly out we were waking up to fly home – lol Your poor mom, at least she had some liquid courage to calm her nerves. I love the bit with your DH saying ‘who cares if it stings’. So glad the airport stuff was painless and that the flight attendants were so helpful with more for DM. Yay for sleeping wee one for takeoff. And nice Mickey head from the plane window.

Nice room at AK – looks like plenty of room for the four of you. I see you wee one has the mitten on – new nails scratching himself? Our girls did that. So cool that the standard view still gave you a look onto the savannah!

We were at DTD the night before you were and it was packed then too – crazy amounts of people taking in the sights and Christmas shopping. Sounded like a nice dinner and funny about the mom losing focus on her boy due to good chocolate. Great pics of the decorations in the lobby back at AKL, very warm and Christmas-ey while still having a good African theme.

DW and I are big fans of good showers/baths too – thanks for the tip! First park day at AK. I agree the tree was very cool, one of my favorites of our trip. Love the PP pics with pretzel and sleeping wee one. We did PP+ too – sooo worth it! Nice pics with Goofy & Pluto too

I love your mom’s expression on Dinosaur. Good one from you too and love that girl in front of you cowering in her hat and the guy up front waving. Yay for your mom braving EE despite knowing it went backwards. My DD2 and I had Yak and Yeti counter service for lunch on our daddy/daughter day too and ordered the same thing you and your mom did. That sandwich is delicious and I agree about the banana pudding.

Nice shots of DiVine and great shot of the whole fam in front of the tree! Nice that the wait was so short for the safari. Awww, cute one with DS and the mini yeti and snow leopard. I bet those are ones he treasures all through his youth. Bummer that you didn’t get the Stitch pic

Looked like a great view from your room and cool story about the housekeeping CM – small world isn’t it? Nothing like walking up to the bus stop in time to see your park bus pull away, aye? Sounds like you handled the snafu with getting there later/long security check really well. Great pics and vids at Osborne – definitely something everyone should experience at least once

Very true about F! at DLR, I’ve only done it once because the crowds were so bad. Much easier to enjoy the show from a seat …but I do miss the Peter Pan/Pirate storyline. Cool that your DISmeet worked out. I wasn’t able to swing either of the ones I wanted to during out trip

Gorgeous lobby in Jambo. I remember it being cool when we went there in April 2011 for Jiko reses, but that tree and the lights really make a difference. I agree about the mugs – what’s the deal with beach scenes in December??? Yay for Mr. Pibb though, my girls are big Dr Pepper fans too.

Looking forward to reading more!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #150
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Loving the updates! I didn't comment yet on the previous one since I still need to watch the videos. Love the Osbourne Lights, so amazing!

Yeah for our meet I was so excited I hope I didn't scare you hopefully we can get together in September, that would be awesome.

Oh my, the Jambo House lobby looks amazing! I sadly didn't get over to see it.

Calvin wrapped in his towel on the bed is just precious!
You didn't scare me one bit! I was just so happy that you were happy to meet me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Christmas isn't a time we can travel normally. School is still on and in 2007 I had to take unpaid leave and this is a "once in a lifetime" event here at our schools. Going during the holiday period itself is hard too as Tom doesn't get that time off. So I guess, until we retire we will have to live off the memory of 2007.

Okay, back to the update.
The AKL lobby is just so amazing! We just love to visit there and just wander around. So pretty.
And I am happy to hear that you found your favourite drink. Maybe I should try my first Dr. Pepper in February. You make it sound like it is a very nice drink.

Oh, and even if I repeat myself. Your little man is soooooo cute!
Are you both teachers?

DH is a teacher and his school lets out earlier than most schools for Christmas vacation, which is how we were able to go! Never in my lifetime, did I ever think I could get to the World during Christmas and when this job came up for him and we saw his school schedule, I was like, "Hmmm...."
and luckily, his vacation schedule doesn't interfere with the 'Peak Holiday' schedule at WDW

We are HUGE Dr. Pepper lovers! People either love it or hate it. It has a different, refreshing taste. I can't really even describe it, but if you ever come across it, definitely give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Great update!

I on the other hand love our Fantasmic! I love the whole way that it comes out of a bustling park during the day and is transformed at night. It is a PITA when they block off NO Square and route the traffic around, but I still like ours better.

And Calvin is just such a cuties. Nice to see a picture of Pam since she never posts them in her TR!

Let's hear it for September!
Alison, i'm truly surprised that you like our F! better than DHS's! I think it may be because every time (only 3) we've been, I've seen arguments between 'adults' about seating. And it doesn't make for a magical start, that's for sure.

I had said something similar to her about not being able to see much of her in pics! But I guess it's because she's always behind the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Sounded like a really nice evening at the Studios

I think we sat in nearly the same seats for Fantasmic in October, my photos are from a very similar angle!

That was cute your Mom wanted to take a photo of the band name at DHS... I drive past a garden center on my way to work every day, and there's a big sign outside saying 'MULCH - SOLD HERE".. and I always think of the DHS band!

We didn't find the walk between Jambo House and Kidani Village too far either, from reviews I'd read online I thought it was going to be miles!

Emma x
I didn't even know that was a regular band! I had never heard of them before and figured it was just a holiday type band. I'll need to catch them next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I love Mr Pibb, even more than Dr Pepper (maybe because we can never get it).

And I hate to repeat everyone, but I have to say it: Calvin in his towel is ridiculously adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I have to completely agree! I think I like Mr. Pibb more, but because I can never find it (do they even sell it in liters or cans) i'm perfectly content with Dr. Pepper. I do get excited when we go to Carls Jr because they have Mr. Pibb there (how sad that I know that )

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
How cute does Calvin look all wrapped up in his towel, I just want to pick him up!

I've just asked DH why he dislikes the Osborne Lights so much and he said he just doesn't think they're anything special!! Yes, he is very strange lol
A clean baby always makes for a cuter baby, IMO

Very strange indeed! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Ohana View Post
Great TR & beautiful family!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
I know several people already said it, but I'm assuming you don't get tired of it: Calvin is sooo cute!!! Ahhh!! Your TRs were always great, but pictures of that little cutie make them even better!!

Dr. Pepper is hands down my favorite soda. I don't think I've ever had Mr. Pibb though! Does it really taste just like it? Is it a regional thing?
Haha thanks Heather!

Really?! You must try it if you ever come across it. I was telling Norybell that I like it more than Dr. Pepper. I'm not sure why, but it's delicious! Now that you mention it, I don't think i've ever seen it when I go to PA or even on our New England mini tour. Well whenever you can convince your fiance to go back to the World, you'll have to make a stop off at AKL for a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I love Fantasmic! Aw man...you missed the finale though. It gives me goosebumps! I understand wanting to beat the crowd though.

DH and I love Mulch, Sweat, n Shears! We think the lead guy definitely reminds us of Jack Black!

The lobby looks so neat for Christmas!

Aw, I love bath time with babies. They always smell so good afterwards!
I know, I so love the finale too! I love seeing all the characters on the boat waving, and the song is amazing.

I was telling Emma, that I didn't even know it was a regular band. I thought it was a holiday type band. So now, I must pay attention next time we're there.

I think I love Calvin more even after baths because he smells so yummy and clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
We tried to go to Starring Rolls and they were closed then too! It must have been right around 4 because we saw it was open, passed it to ride TOT, then came back and they were closed! I was so bummed...

I can't stand the way Fantasmic is at Disneyland. I never watch it because it's so frustrating to get a spot. WDW set up is way better.

Yay for Dis Meet!

I'll have to remember there's a spot to fill the mugs at Kidani for whenever I get there next time. At first when I saw the hot pink, I was like oh this mug is awesome, but then I was thinking wait, why is Minnie wearing a bathing suit? That's kinda lame. I wonder if they just over-ordered summer mugs, under-ordered winter mugs, or if they were trying for the this is sunny Florida thing

Love AKL lobby and everything about it

You're little Calvin is the cutest thing ever in his towel! What a perfect picture!

We do have a really good view of the strip. Our house sits on top of a hill and we are pretty much straight North of the strip, so if you turn and look right from our balcony you have a perfect view. Our community isn't fully built out yet, but our view won't change because we're on the hill. This is from when the house was under construction.
I was super bummed about Starring Rolls. I had heard amazing things about it and was so excited.

Oh gosh when I saw the mugs, I was looking around thinking these can't be it. And I look forward to keeping the mugs to use at home as my coffee travel mug - don't get me wrong, i'm using them now, but still wish they were Christmasy.

Wow! You do have an amazing view! I bet it's gorgeous at night from your house. On our way back home, our plane landed in Vegas (didn't get off the plane) but it was at night and I didn't know you could see the entire strip while landing. Wow! It's so cool being able to see it in person versus seeing it on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
I am loving your Trip Report!

Your baby is super cute, I love the photos at AK where he is sleeping with his little tong hanging out!
This kiddo's tongue is always hanging out - when he sleeps, after he eats, when he's just laying there watching tv - it's always out but it's super cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Great update, I loved Fantasmic at WDW. I've been to DL twice, but never seen it because it seemed like too much trouble (and we're lazy!)

I secretly love those little chocolate cakes and carrot cakes, they're always way better than you think they're going to be since they're so pre-packaged looking.
I secretly love the little cakes too Exactly! You think they're not going to taste that good, but then you end up getting excited because they taste great and pretty fresh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Really enjoying your trip report so far. Your son is so cute and yay for a Dismeet!
Am so glad you're enjoying it! I've only done two official Dismeets (one was a random one at MK where a DIS'er recognized me from my PTR) but they are fun! Hoping to do much more in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I know what you mean. It really just sneaks up on you too. Used to be I wouldn't even think about going to bed until at least 11 or 12. Now at about 9:30, I start thinking of what needs to be done before I can go to bed.

That view looks awesome!

Just part of the child birth experience.

I really think it would be a neat experience to see it the way Disneyland has it set up though. I do agree that a stadium is a great way to watch a show like that though. It isn't as much fun when it is a crowded day with one show at 6:30 and you have to line up early and fight the sea of humanity to get in though.

I was disappointed too. They're actually the same mugs they had last year when we went the week after Thanksgiving, so now we've got 2 sets of the same mugs sitting at home.

That's funny! My BiL drinks Mountain Dew every day, and we had to stop at the first gas station we saw after we left Disney property because he was going through some serious withdrawal.
I think everyone should experience the craziness of Disneyland's F! at least once. As Alison stated, it's cool to see the way the park transforms for the show. But man it can be a real pain.

Are you kidding?! So these mugs have been around for a while?? SMH I thought that they changed them up every year? How disappointing. I love using the mugs at home to take my coffee in when I go to work, and it always brings me back to our trip. I still have our mugs from 2008 so that brings back really old, fun memories. Oh well.

There are some CRAZY Mountain Dew fanatics out there! I mean, I didn't even know how psycho some people could be about that soda but I could definitely see how he was going through withdrawals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Sorry for the long post – don’t feel obligated to reply in detail. I’m playing catch up on a lot of PTRs turned TRs right now!

I feel ya with the overstuffed car. We drove to the city we flew out of to stay at a hotel and had all our stuff in our suburban. But in the morning the “shuttle van” turned out to be a station wagon-style taxi! We really had to shoe-horn everything in there. And I remember traveling with our two girls and the portable crib, car seat, & diaper bag. Makes you feel like a Sherpa!

The morning you woke up to fly out we were waking up to fly home – lol Your poor mom, at least she had some liquid courage to calm her nerves. I love the bit with your DH saying ‘who cares if it stings’. So glad the airport stuff was painless and that the flight attendants were so helpful with more for DM. Yay for sleeping wee one for takeoff. And nice Mickey head from the plane window.

Nice room at AK – looks like plenty of room for the four of you. I see you wee one has the mitten on – new nails scratching himself? Our girls did that. So cool that the standard view still gave you a look onto the savannah!

We were at DTD the night before you were and it was packed then too – crazy amounts of people taking in the sights and Christmas shopping. Sounded like a nice dinner and funny about the mom losing focus on her boy due to good chocolate. Great pics of the decorations in the lobby back at AKL, very warm and Christmas-ey while still having a good African theme.

DW and I are big fans of good showers/baths too – thanks for the tip! First park day at AK. I agree the tree was very cool, one of my favorites of our trip. Love the PP pics with pretzel and sleeping wee one. We did PP+ too – sooo worth it! Nice pics with Goofy & Pluto too

I love your mom’s expression on Dinosaur. Good one from you too and love that girl in front of you cowering in her hat and the guy up front waving. Yay for your mom braving EE despite knowing it went backwards. My DD2 and I had Yak and Yeti counter service for lunch on our daddy/daughter day too and ordered the same thing you and your mom did. That sandwich is delicious and I agree about the banana pudding.

Nice shots of DiVine and great shot of the whole fam in front of the tree! Nice that the wait was so short for the safari. Awww, cute one with DS and the mini yeti and snow leopard. I bet those are ones he treasures all through his youth. Bummer that you didn’t get the Stitch pic

Looked like a great view from your room and cool story about the housekeeping CM – small world isn’t it? Nothing like walking up to the bus stop in time to see your park bus pull away, aye? Sounds like you handled the snafu with getting there later/long security check really well. Great pics and vids at Osborne – definitely something everyone should experience at least once

Very true about F! at DLR, I’ve only done it once because the crowds were so bad. Much easier to enjoy the show from a seat …but I do miss the Peter Pan/Pirate storyline. Cool that your DISmeet worked out. I wasn’t able to swing either of the ones I wanted to during out trip

Gorgeous lobby in Jambo. I remember it being cool when we went there in April 2011 for Jiko reses, but that tree and the lights really make a difference. I agree about the mugs – what’s the deal with beach scenes in December??? Yay for Mr. Pibb though, my girls are big Dr Pepper fans too.

Looking forward to reading more!
Awesome to have you here!

I would have died if a station wagon taxi showed up! I now know in the future, we're going to have to buy a surburban of some sort to transport us if we have more kids because the packing of the suitcases was exhausting! It was like putting an awful puzzle together and then trying to remember it for the return trip home!

I love my mom's expression on Dinosaur too!

I actually love the storyline of Pocahontas at DHS. Maybe because it's so new to me, but I love the songs and the acting for it.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: