Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #76
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Since there's no like button...I'll just
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
Old 02-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #77
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler

Actually, yes, it is quite common to see people posting that they did not wait with a GAC. Often it is on other forums on this site, which we cannot control. On this forum we try to minimize incorrect information such as this, as we do not post the names of stamps. This just provides more opportunities for abuse.

Please refrain from posting the exact names of stamps for the GAC. This has long been a guideline for this forum, and it has served us well.
If your quoting me saying I've used the name of the stamps I haven't anywhere in any posts??

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #78
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea

If your quoting me saying I've used the name of the stamps I haven't anywhere in any posts??
You did use the name of a GAC stamp twice in your last post. I removed the name of the stamps from your post, as per the policies of this forum.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #79
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler

You did use the name of a GAC stamp twice in your last post. I removed the name of the stamps from your post, as per the policies of this forum.
I can certainly understand this and my apologies if I used any in my post as well. I don't think I did, but I honestly don't remember.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #80
refinnej
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to say that I am so thankful for this forum. DS (8) has ADHD, SPD and Anxiety. This and the other boards have been very helpful as we try to plan our trip at the end of March. I am glad you have all shared your insight. I can go and request the GAC (whether we use it or not is a whole other question) and have a great trip. Thanks!

Family Trips:
WDW Boardwalk July 2003 - DLR May 2010 - DLR May 2012 - WDW Swan March 2013 - WDW Swan November 2013
Old 02-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #81
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by refinnej
I just wanted to say that I am so thankful for this forum. DS (8) has ADHD, SPD and Anxiety. This and the other boards have been very helpful as we try to plan our trip at the end of March. I am glad you have all shared your insight. I can go and request the GAC (whether we use it or not is a whole other question) and have a great trip. Thanks!
Hope you have a great trip.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #82
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
Hope you have a great trip.

Agree.
Glad you found what you needed and hope you have a great trip.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #83
refinnej
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post

Agree.
Glad you found what you needed and hope you have a great trip.
Thanks everyone! I talked with DS about this last night and set his expectations that we might be able to wait in a quieter area or somewhere in the shade hopefully. BUT that we would not be using it all the time. He also understands that it is not a pass to the front of the line!

Family Trips:
WDW Boardwalk July 2003 - DLR May 2010 - DLR May 2012 - WDW Swan March 2013 - WDW Swan November 2013
Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #84
Jonell
DIS Veteran

I just spoke to a CM with Guest Experiences about a GAC issue tht we had during our last visit. She hinted around to the fact the with the new enhancements that there may be some system put into play that tracks who receives GAC and their accomodations. I think that this would be great and maybe cut down on abuse and any hassle when getting a renewed GAC.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #85
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonell
I just spoke to a CM with Guest Experiences about a GAC issue tht we had during our last visit. She hinted around to the fact the with the new enhancements that there may be some system put into play that tracks who receives GAC and their accomodations. I think that this would be great and maybe cut down on abuse and any hassle when getting a renewed GAC.
It may also assist with allocating resources based on when each attraction has more GACs being used. There are patterns and this may help Disney track the patterns.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #86
dansamy
DIS Veteran

This was our first trip requiring accommodations. My husband had a stroke about 8 weeks ago. His balance, stamina, strength & endurance are all diminished right now. The GAC & the accommodations Disney provided allowed him to see the parks at a slower pace, but still see most of what he wanted to see. I have a new appreciation for disabilities & accommodations for them now. I also have new respect for wish families.

Last edited by dansamy; 02-28-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #87
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
Lock, shock etc.).. I know nothing is guaranteed. but I would think someone with a visual impairment (where the GAC is stamped "front of shows") should be able to use the handicapped area for illuminations.
since it was christmas time (early dec) it DID say it didnt' apply to the Candlelight Processional. understood. it didn't say it didn't apply to illuminations.
wouldn't you think someone in wheelchairs, ecvs, should line up in the front, not the back? ok, until we came, there was no one in front of them, but they left tons of space in front of them, and NO space behind them. we stood behind everyne lined up, in rows, behind the rail along the lagoon.

as anywhere, if you choose to sit further back, you can't guarantee no one will be in front of you.

even if we had gotten there FIRST, before anyone, NO WAY would we have stood along the rail and let wheel chairs line up behind us. if we had been there first, we would have sat at the rail. if there were wheelchairs AT the rail when we got there... well then we would have let wheelchairs in front of us as long as we were behind them. but no way should we have to sit on the ground BEHIND wheel chairs, ecvs, so the wheel chairs behind us can see, when they can easily go in FRONT of us.

it was obvious to me that the rest of the family wanted to sit against the back rail, and demanded that NO ONE stand in front of them. very selfish.
How about when parent let their perfectly fine kids sit on the benches when it is needed by someone who is handicapped. I had to lean on the ledge of the bench while kids sat there with their grandparents in motor scooters. I couldn't walk afterwards....it was horrible.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #88
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annielkd22222 View Post
How about when parent let their perfectly fine kids sit on the benches when it is needed by someone who is handicapped. I had to lean on the ledge of the bench while kids sat there with their grandparents in motor scooters. I couldn't walk afterwards....it was horrible.
you would think that since we're all in the handicapped viewing area because of various disabilities, we would all be considerate of each other
Old 03-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #89
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
you would think that since we're all in the handicapped viewing area because of various disabilities, we would all be considerate of each other
We have had this issue at WOC at DCA as well, especially at the AP event with the Glow with the Show ears. People who didn't even have a GAC, wheelchair or scooter were sitting in the benches in the wheelchair section and the CMs would not ask them to move. We ended up leaving as a result, luckily, since we have passes, we can go back, but not everyone is as lucky. Then add in the people in front of the wheelchair sections that are allowed to put kids on their shoulders and you can see that this doesn't work well.

Bottom line is these things should be thought about better.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #90
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

I actually said something to their parents who said "we were here first and we are all staying in this section". Here first??? I would love it if we could all get along.....I just wish people could shout some courtesy.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: