Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
ZoeBell
Mouseketeer

I decided I want to pack a little as possible. Or pack more of what I want when I can get away with packing little of what I don't need.
Which brings me to my point of wondering what will be in our stateroom that I can exclude from bringing? Stuff like soap? Or shampoo? As much as I love my Pureology, I think I'll survive a week without it.

Thanks, as always

Last edited by ZoeBell; 12-19-2012 at 01:41 PM.
ZoeBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

There are H2O products supplied in the staterooms. You don't get shower gel, but we've asked for it in the past and received it. You will have shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and bar soap.
The hairdryers in the rooms on the Dream and Fantasy are fine...Wonder and Magic are a little more dicey, but I have short hair and don't want to carry a hairdryer, so I deal with whatever is there.
You will need LESS clothing than you think. We try to plan to wear the same shorts 2-3 days, as we change for dinner and are often in swimsuits. I don't mind putting on a wet swimsuit, so I only bring 1.
I always have too many shoes...that is the goal for our next cruise, to actually wear all of the shoes that I pack. I tend to spend the majority of the day in pedicure sandals and then change into nice shoes for evening. I have only worn my tennis shoes ONCE in 7 cruises (for the CC5K!).

Be sure TO pack SUNSCREEN!!!

Have a great cruise!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookmomma74 View Post
There are H2O products supplied in the staterooms. You don't get shower gel, but we've asked for it in the past and received it. You will have shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and bar soap.
The hairdryers in the rooms on the Dream and Fantasy are fine...Wonder and Magic are a little more dicey, but I have short hair and don't want to carry a hairdryer, so I deal with whatever is there.
You will need LESS clothing than you think. We try to plan to wear the same shorts 2-3 days, as we change for dinner and are often in swimsuits. I don't mind putting on a wet swimsuit, so I only bring 1.
I always have too many shoes...that is the goal for our next cruise, to actually wear all of the shoes that I pack. I tend to spend the majority of the day in pedicure sandals and then change into nice shoes for evening. I have only worn my tennis shoes ONCE in 7 cruises (for the CC5K!).

Be sure TO pack SUNSCREEN!!!

Have a great cruise!
Haha I find we need more clothes for a cruise ......since we like to dress up for dinner. and we dont like to live in swimsuits..only wear them when going to the pools. when done swimming we are back in reg clothes.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Disneygirl NY
Mouseketeer

When I was on the Dream in 2011 I did not like the hair dryer. I have shoulder length hair that is wavy if not dried well and my hair was a disaster the whole trip. When I go back in Jan. I am definitely bringing a hair dryer!
Disneygirl NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygirl NY
When I was on the Dream in 2011 I did not like the hair dryer. I have shoulder length hair that is wavy if not dried well and my hair was a disaster the whole trip. When I go back in Jan. I am definitely bringing a hair dryer!
That's frustrating! I wonder if they've changed them? We cruised the Dream two months into their inaugural year and the dryer was good. Stinks! I dislike having to bring my own.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Pack sunscreen. Don't skimp on that. Pack a t-shirt (that was one thing I didn't think I needed to pack. It was bad when I had a sunburn that I just needed to cover, and couldn't.).

One big thing I could've done without: don't pack heels. I packed two pairs, wore them twice, and by the end of the night I was hobbling (I was thinking that I would need them to be dressy. Nope! You can wear flats!).
Old 12-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
CaskPeg
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

If you bring dress shoes should be of a sandal and style that will fit securely on your foot! Sunscreen is a priority and a coverup for your day on Castaway Cay or shorts and top to put over your suit. The sun can be really hot on the island!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

What TO bring--sunscreen and a T-shirt that could go in the water for snorkeling, etc.

How to eliminate things...
For ladies, black decent sandals can double as shoes on formal night/Palo. Shoes take a horrible amount of space; wear the bulky tennies when you board.

As above, you'll have the soap and hair products you need as well as body lotion. We don't bother with towels--use pool towels for excursions. Most of the time, you can get more than one day or one use out of an outfit. For instance, I'll wear my shorts one day and the next day that shorts/t-shirt outfit can be my gym clothing. Do fitness center, shower, and put on clean outfit for that day. Dinner clothing, you wear about 2 hours. Unless you dump something on it, you can wear it again...several times.

And, on the rare chance that you don't pack enough clothing...they do have laundry machines which are way cheaper than extra luggage fees.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
What TO bring--sunscreen and a T-shirt that could go in the water for snorkeling, etc.

How to eliminate things...
For ladies, black decent sandals can double as shoes on formal night/Palo. Shoes take a horrible amount of space; wear the bulky tennies when you board.
I chose/bought dresses for out last cruise that specifically could be worn with the same pair of shoes. Also I figured out that My shoes could fit into my husbands and DDs shoes fit into mine! Saved a ton of space that way.

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
ZoeBell
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the tips.

I guess I'm taking some shoes out and adding a blow dryer. Nothing worse then bad hair!! LoL.

Keep the tips coming!!!

Anyone with the Disney Gift Card app? If I call ahead of time and add money to my account. Do I have to bring the card for unused money to be added back on? Or is the app good enough? I doubt I have much money left over.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Don't bring any work with you!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
ZoeBell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTwinDad
Don't bring any work with you!
Ha! I'm a nurse so as long as no one needs CPR, or is having a baby I should be all set. *knocks on wood*
Old 12-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #13
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeBell View Post
Ha! I'm a nurse so as long as no one needs CPR, or is having a baby I should be all set. *knocks on wood*
Love it! No one get into a fight and need bandaging?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeBell View Post
Be prepared!
I am a former EMT, helped someone who fell on the stairs, twisted her ankle, I had to get ice and a CM to call for medical.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #15
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

We just got back from a 7-nighter on the Fantasy. Before we left, it appeared that the only thing we had not packed was the dog. Packing for that trip became an insane obsession for the whole family, down to a typed packing list based on a few lists I found on the internet specifically for Disney cruises. I can only imagine how much time I spent working on that silly list. Only Santa Claus checks his list more than we did! Knowing what you're taking is obviously important, but as we packed up our stateroom to come home (and as we unpacked at home), DW and I both each had seemingly half a suitcase of stuff that never saw the light of day. Pack it all...and then go through and pull out a few things right before you leave the house so you can't change your mind!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: