Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
wysteria
Mouseketeer

More than one room and connecting question

I have two questions.

1. Do any resorts have the possibility of 3 connecting rooms? I know in the past we have always gotten 2 connecting rooms with my parents but this year we are looking at booking three rooms since more family may be coming.

2. Can one person book two rooms? Or do you need a unique adult for each room? We are booking three rooms this year since my sister may be coming. If she cannot make it, we just planned on using her room for extra space, or using it until she makes it to Disney (as she most likely would not be there the entire 10 days we are there). Since we do not know which days she will be joining us, we just planned to get her a room just using a room discount (military if available or something else hopefully comes up).
My dad is the military guy, so he would be "booking" all our rooms in case the military discount works out better for us, can he book just that single room and when we get there my sister will not need to be there to actually check into the room? He can "check into" the room and we can have use of it until she gets there?

Thanks!
wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysteria View Post
I have two questions.

1. Do any resorts have the possibility of 3 connecting rooms? I know in the past we have always gotten 2 connecting rooms with my parents but this year we are looking at booking three rooms since more family may be coming.

2. Can one person book two rooms? Or do you need a unique adult for each room? We are booking three rooms this year since my sister may be coming. If she cannot make it, we just planned on using her room for extra space, or using it until she makes it to Disney (as she most likely would not be there the entire 10 days we are there). Since we do not know which days she will be joining us, we just planned to get her a room just using a room discount (military if available or something else hopefully comes up).
My dad is the military guy, so he would be "booking" all our rooms in case the military discount works out better for us, can he book just that single room and when we get there my sister will not need to be there to actually check into the room? He can "check into" the room and we can have use of it until she gets there?

Thanks!
We've had four rooms all in a row and only two were connecting so not sure about three. They would have to do one of the rooms with two doors and that does take up precious space. This was in Pop Century with the smallest room size, though. Having one room adjoining is not that bad. We just connected either with the room phones or cell phones and texting. Very easy to do.

I believe you have to have a registered adult in the room checking in. Now, you could have your sister as the prime person in the room and one other adult "sharing" the room with her and if she doesn't show, the second adult can check in. The second adult doesn't have to sleep in that room but you would have to work out the room keys and any dining credits, should you have those.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
detarica
Mouseketeer

I don't know of any non-villa rooms that connect in threes. I have had connecting rooms at the All Star Music resort and it was cheaper than a family suite to do that. Disney will not confirm connecting rooms unless there are more minors than adults that can sleep in separate rooms. Like a single adult with 4 kids. I have called before and asked about 2 parents, and 2 kids to confirm connecting rooms and they would only put the request in but would not confirm it, and do expect an adult to be in each room overnight. I got it upon arrival, but was warned that I might not. Also the connecting rooms are at the far end of the All Star Music resort so consider that asking to three rooms together might get you better placement in the resort.

That all being said, they will not let you book two or three rooms under the same name. You must book it under the adult who is staying in the room. But they can connect or "link" the reservations in the system so that they are place beside or very near each other. So even if you all made reservations separately, they can link them if you call with the reservation numbers.

There may be special allowances for military groups, so I would definitely tell the agent what you would like to do and see if it is possible. Sometimes they can do "magic". You might consider a villa option or a wilderness cabin. I would compare across all options online before making the final call.
detarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
wysteria
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the responses. Yeah, I am looking hard at the other options and trying to price it all out. We just didn't want to have to pay for any package attached to her room that would require she have tickets or something like the rest of the adults are going to get. So not really even possible to have the second adult "sharing" the room as they would lose their stay/play/dine from the other room.

Getting a room with more privacy space (ie a one bedroom) just might be the answer then in case she does show up.
wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: