Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #16
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Hey great vacation you got like three for one! We were in wdw from 10-15 as well. If you ever saw a lady with two babies in a double stroller and heard a lot of screaming and crying it was us. Well they were actually well behaved,I would have been the one screaming and crying lol. Can't wait to read about Akl that were we decided to stay for our upcoming vacation.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #17
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Hey great vacation you got like three for one! We were in wdw from 10-15 as well. If you ever saw a lady with two babies in a double stroller and heard a lot of screaming and crying it was us. Well they were actually well behaved,I would have been the one screaming and crying lol. Can't wait to read about Akl that were we decided to stay for our upcoming vacation.
It really did feel like a few different vacations. After a couple days at Disney I was like, "Hey, remember that one time we went to Hilton Head? That was so long ago!"

If I remember correctly, you got there just in time for the icky weather!

AKL is awesome. You will love it.
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #18
holleypie
Mouseketeer

More traveling and arriving.

MONDAY DECEMBER 3rd

We woke up, using Luke as our alarm, at around 4:30. Brian took a shower while I fed Luke, then I took a shower while Brian loaded all of my bags back into the car.

These are my bags on the floor.

These are more of my bags on the counter.

Brian had one backpack. Not kidding.

We left the resort at 5:30am and after stopping at a gas station so Brian could get some tea, we were on our way.

We stopped at the Georgia Welcome Center because I wanted to get some pamphlets for my mom.

They're going on a big road trip next summer. Unfortunately, the big room with all the pamphlets was locked up so I just grabbed two magazines that were sitting in the lobby.

I drove and Brian took a little nap. He woke up around 8am and I told him I wanted to stop at 8:30 for breakfast. Of course, it started raining promptly at 8:30. Ugh! We drove a bit more hoping the rain would let up, and then stopped for breakfast at a Burger King somewhere near Jacksonville. No pictures; no one needs to see that.

After breakfast, Brian drove the rest of the way. I remember calling my mom at some point because I was bored, and Brian's throat hurt so he wasn't as enthusiastic as I wanted him to be about playing Mad Libs with me. When we were about 45 minutes away, Luke got REALLY fussy. We stopped at a rest area and I tried to nurse him, but he got irate and just wanted to roam free. I felt bad, but we were SO CLOSE and I didn't want to let him play for long. After we got back on the road, he cried for a bit and then fell asleep for the last 20 minutes of the trip. So I climbed back in the front seat and took all these pictures of road signs.

WE'RE ALMOST TO DISNEY WORLD.

WE REACHED THE ARCHWAY.

WE'RE IN THE ANIMAL KINGDOM RESORT AREA.

WE'VE REACHED ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE.

WE PASSED THE JAMBO HOUSE SIGN.

THERE'S JAMBO HOUSE.

WE'RE INSIDE JAMBO HOUSE.

We arrived at noon--ahead of my predicted arrival time of 1pm. We checked in and went to the room to unpack.

We were in a savanna view studio on the fifth floor. It was a bit of a hike from the lobby, but I don't think it was as terrible as our Kidani stay in 2010.

I took photos while Brian dealt with our luggage. I really enjoy the division of labor we've established since having Luke.

The first time Brian used our bathroom, he thought, "Why is there a bunch of toilet paper on the floor? Why is all the soap thrown in the tub? Oh. Luke was here."

Brian's unplugging the phone in this picture. Instead of keeping Luke from playing with the phones, we just unplugged them as soon as we arrived. We're getting really good at this whole parenting thing.

Next, we went to check out the balcony.

To the left.

To the right.

Straight ahead. I think I see a giraffe!

Do you see it, Luke?

Yep. Hello, giraffe.

As nice as it would have been to hang out on the balcony and stare at the animals, we did have plans for the day.

We're three days into the trip and we're finally at Disney World. Where do you think we're going first???
Old 12-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #19
Reiana
Earning My Ears

Great report so far. Love it
Luke is such a cutie
DLRP Aug. 96 Sequoia Lodge DLRP New Year 96/97 Cheyenne WDW Aug./Sept 97 All Star Sports DLRP New Year 97/98 Sequoia Lodge DLRP June 2001 New Port Bay DLRP June 2002 New Port Bay DLRP June 2003 New Port Bay DLRP Sept 2007 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Jan 2008 Disneyland Hotel DLRP Nov 2008 Sequoia Lodge DLRP June 2009 Santa Fe DLRP Nov 2009 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Sept 2010 Santa Fe DLRP June 2011 New York Santa Fe Nov 2011DLRPJune 2012
Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Magic Kingdom, Finally!

MONDAY DECEMBER 3RD (PART 2)

So there we are, in our room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. All checked in. All ready to have some fun. Our first stop?

Publix.

Actually, we stopped at Chick Fil A because Brian was hungry...THEN we went to Publix. Brian ate his chicken in the car while Luke and I went inside.

This shopping cart was much more fun than the ones at home.

Our first order of business was ordering Luke's birthday cake. Yeah, I hadn't done that yet. A whole month before the trip, I'd found a cute cake online and contacted a bakery near Disney asking for a price quote and their response was, "Sorry, we're all booked that week." I don't know WHY, but my immediate reaction was that they were lying and just didn't feel like making my cake. So I got irrationally irritated with all Disney area bakeries and decided to just order one from the grocery store when we got there. I am not always this crazy. But sometimes I am.

I had intended to get Brian's input on the cake, but by the time he finished his chicken and came inside I was halfway through ordering it. Oh well. I picked out a good one. It also came with a free smash cake for Luke, so that was nice.

We bought some snacks and quick meals for the room, and then drove back to AKL to drop it off. Instead of us all going back inside, Brian loaded the bags into Luke's stroller and pushed them to the room.

NOW we were finally ready to have some real fun.

Apparently, they painted the sign sometime since our last trip. Now when Luke looks back on those old photos, he's going to roll his eyes and say, "OMG, the Magic Kingdom sign used to be PINK?"

We parked on the villain side of the lot, for the first of many times.

We got the jogging stroller out of the trunk and unfolded, strapped Luke in, then loaded it up with bags. Then we got to the end of the row and remembered we had to take everything out again and fold it up so we could get on the tram. Argh.

Today's t-shirt theme was supposed to be "Peter Pan." I bought that Tinker Bell shirt just so I would have something to match Luke's Lost Boys hoodie. But, as you can see, it ended up being way too warm for long sleeves.

This was NOT the first of many tram rides. We did it once or twice more, then we decided it would be easier to walk. Sometimes, it was also QUICKER.

We exclusively used the ferry when getting from the TTC to MK, because it's easier with the stroller. A ferry had just left so while we waited I found some chalk and did some sketching.

Okay, I'm lying. But aren't they adorable?

Here's Luke's stylish ride. And that's my Burger King soda leftover from that morning. Cupholders rock.

The ferry came and we enjoyed a nice ride over to Magic Kingdom. The ferry is always delightful the first time on every trip. And then it's like...seriously, guys, why didn't you realize how annoying and tedious it would be to cross this fake lake every single time?

We checked out the progress on the Grand Floridian DVC expansion.

Then we arrived at the Magic Kingdom!

I thought I'd taken more pictures of the Christmas decorations, but all I have is a blurry picture of a toy soldier, and this:

But trust me--it was beautiful.

I had really wanted to get Luke's first haircut done as soon as possible, but the barber shop was only open until 5pm. We had about an hour, but I wanted him to eat first. He was actually ASLEEP, after having not really napped all day except for those twenty minutes in the car. But it was also 4pm and he hadn't eaten since breakfast that morning, and I thought he would sleep better with a full stomach. So I made the boneheaded mistake of WAKING HIM UP.

Brian went to the fire house to get sorcerer cards while I took Luke to the baby care center to feed him. He took these pictures inside:

Meanwhile, Luke and I caught our first glimpse of the castle!

Then I took another picture of the castle. I'm not sure why. I think maybe there was a stage show happening?

In my previous trip report I wrote about how the Magic Kingdom baby care center freaked me out. There was no one else in the nursing room that afternoon, so I took a picture:

I spent a LOT of time in that nursing room on this trip, so I got used to the creepy babies.

After Luke ate, we still had time to hurry back to the barber shop, but I thought it would be a better idea if I let him nap. So, no haircut today.

We met back up with Brian and walked over to Frontierland. He went into the Frontier Trading Post to do some pin trading while I walked around with Luke.

I figured Luke would fall right back asleep. He did not.

Brian bought a Hilton Head Island Resort pin (they hadn't had any at Hilton Head Island Resort). It didn't say it was discounted, but it rang up $3! He showed his premium annual pass to get his 20% off discount, and the cashier said, "Did that say DVC? You get another 10% off for that." So he paid $2.10 for it. Score.

Next, we stopped at Sunshine Tree Terrace (for the first of many times) so Brian could get a citrus swirl.

I asked him to get me a cup of water and he said, "How about you get a soda so I can buy that orange bird cup?" And I said, "How about you just buy that orange bird cup and have them fill it with water?" So he did.

It was disgusting Florida tap water, not filtered-from-the-soda-fountain water, but I felt compelled to choke down as much of it as I could.

Brian wanted to get on Pirates of the Caribbean next, but I wanted Luke to FALL ASLEEP, so I told him to go alone.

I was sure if I just walked around a little bit longer, Luke would be out. I was so optimistic.

Readers of my previous trip report might recall that our last visit to the Magic Kingdom was a bit of a disaster. We kept Luke out too late at the Halloween party, he woke up irritated, and I had a treacherous journey back to the resort. This evening was starting to feel like a repeat of that night. I worried that the big swanky jogging stroller we'd brought this time wouldn't make any difference, and we would have to deal with an irate non-napping baby for two weeks.

I walked. And walked. And walked.

Luke did not sleep.

And I was pretty sure Brian was NEVER coming back.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #21
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Some Eating, Riding, and Pin Trading

MONDAY DECEMBER 3RD (PART 3)

After I'd almost given him up for dead, Brian finally returned (to be fair, I'm pretty sure POTC's current wait time was 20 minutes, and less than 30 minutes had elapsed). I seriously needed a break from the baby, so I told Brian I wanted to do Big Thunder Mountain Railroad next (after I left the Halloween party on our last trip, Brian and Tom rode BTMR without me). We grabbed our first baby swap pass of the trip and I volunteered for the arduous task of waiting in the standby line alone. It was probably the first ride of my life where I did not care how long I had to wait in line, and the time just flew by. I stopped short of letting other people go ahead of me, but I briefly considered it.

I was hoping my darling son would be asleep when I exited the ride...but he wasn't. Also, he smelled foul. Brian hopped on BTMR with his rider swap pass while I went off in search of the nearest bathroom, which I think was Pecos Bill's.

After Brian rode, we headed to Columbia Harbour House for dinner (was that "dirty diaper" to "dinner" transition smooth enough for you?)

This is one of our regular restaurants, but I wanted to try something new this time, so I got the lighthouse sandwich.

I wasn't 100% confident in that choice, so I also ordered my standard vegetarian chili.

It was a lot of food. I shared with Luke and we only ended up eating about 2/3 of each. Between the hummus and the dressing in the broccoli slaw, the sandwich was just a lot...wetter than I was expecting. It was just fine, but I'll stick with the chili next time.

Brian got chicken nuggets. Again.

We tried a lot of new restaurants on this trip, so I devised a rating scale and made Brian rate all of the restaurants with me on the drive home.

Here is the scale we came up with:

4 stars: Loved it. Will definitely have again.
3 stars: Good. Would have again.
2 stars: Okay. Nothing special.
1 star: Bad. Just bad.

Because it's an old favorite, we obviously both rated CHH a 4. I would give the lighthouse sandwich itself a 2.5. I would have it again if it was my only vegetarian option, but when deciding between that and the chili, the chili will always win.

After dinner, Luke fell asleep. Hallelujah! I wanted to get on another ride, so we went over to Space Mountain. I let Brian do standby this time...because the fireworks were just starting, and I wanted to watch them. I'm so selfish. I was a little worried that the noise would wake Luke up...but not so worried that I went and hid in a gift shop. I'd missed Hallowishes in October so I really wanted to see Wishes! Fortunately, he slept through it.

When it was my turn to ride, I didn't have a long wait at all. The great thing about doing Space Mountain alone is that they almost always have extra seats to fill, so they call out for single riders and you get to skip ahead. I developed a much greater appreciation for Space Mountain on this trip. I feel comfortable listing it with Tower of Terror as one of my favorite rides.

Next, we walked over and looked in Big Top Souvenirs, because we realized we'd skipped it entirely last trip. It was pretty adorable. I love the snack counter in the center of the store.

About a week or two before our trip, I saw this seven-pin set on sale at the Disney Store for $10.

Individual pins are crazy expensive, so that's a pretty awesome deal. I intended to buy the pins for the purpose of trading, but then I realized...actually, they're pretty adorable. So I bought one set to keep and one to trade.

At Big Top Souvenirs, they had this super cute alternative to a pin board:

I traded for an "H" letter pin, and we gave them the pin of Chip and Dale with popcorn. I'll pretend we did that intentionally, to be cute, instead of just grabbing that one by chance and being amused by the coincidence.

I didn't take any more pictures, so I guess maybe we left soon after this. On our way out I traded with a CM at one of the kiosks right near the entrance for the "Y" letter pin. She asked me if I knew who the character was and I didn't, so she explained it to me.

I went to show it to Brian and told him what I'd learned. "This is Yesnid. He's a sorcerer. His name is 'Disney' spelled backwards."

"No," he said. "That is Yen Sid. His name is 'Disney' spelled backwards."

Oh, whatever. He's such a know-it-all.

Here are my pins for the day:

I can't remember when I bought that lock and key pin, but I love it so much. Normally when I see something I like, I have to mull it over before I buy it, but I bought this one without hesitation (it helped that my father-in-law had given me a Disney gift card for my birthday, plus I had that sweet 20% off merchandise discount). I maybe should have procrastinated a bit because Brian told me later, "I liked that pin too. I was actually going to buy it." Oh well. It'll look better on my corkboard anyway.

Here are Brian's pins so far:

The four on the right were from mystery packs. I'm not sure if he traded any or all of them away.

Day 2 Summary: It was nice to get settled in at AKL, and I was totally happy with our room. The Christmas decorations, even though I barely managed to get any pictures, gave the Magic Kingdom such a different feel. I was worried I wouldn't get a chance to see ANY fireworks on this trip, so it was great to see Wishes on our very first night. I'd wanted to get Luke's haircut today but we didn't end up having the time, so I completed 0/30 items on my birthday list. Great start!

Old 12-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #22
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiana View Post
Great report so far. Love it
Luke is such a cutie
Thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Hi!! I jumped over from my trip report to read yours! I only read the first post so far, but didn't want to forget what I wanted to say! LOL

I am so jealous you got to vacation for 2 weeks!! DH's schedule is changing so that we will both be working 7 on/7 off, so if we take vacation strategically, we'll both be off for 2 weeks together. 2 weeks in Disney would be awesome!! I'm trying to get him to agree to an October 2013 trip.

I'm in North Carolina and DH and I make fun of Biscuitville so much!!! We tried them once and the biscuits were hard and terrible! But, we decided maybe they were having an off day, so we gave them a second try. Wrong! Terrible again! If biscuit is gonna be in your name, please perfect your biscuits!! LOL

We totally missed South of the Border! Probably since we drove through the night. I will make sure to look for it next time! LOL Hilarious!!

Your DS is too cute! I love that smile!!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

I forgot to say that I packed the same way you did! I had a suitcase, DH had one, and the kids had one. Not to mention all our misc. stuff I decided we needed to take! lol We didn't wear one of the cold weather outfits I planned!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #25
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Luke is so adorable! Love the pics where he's exploring the AKL room - reminds me of my grandson on our first visit

Your trip sounds so perfect starting off with a relaxing vacation to HH and then your beautiful Savannah view room. The idea of wearing coordinating clothes is so fun - loved your Tinkerbell dress

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #27
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
Hi!! I jumped over from my trip report to read yours! I only read the first post so far, but didn't want to forget what I wanted to say! LOL

I am so jealous you got to vacation for 2 weeks!! DH's schedule is changing so that we will both be working 7 on/7 off, so if we take vacation strategically, we'll both be off for 2 weeks together. 2 weeks in Disney would be awesome!! I'm trying to get him to agree to an October 2013 trip.

I'm in North Carolina and DH and I make fun of Biscuitville so much!!! We tried them once and the biscuits were hard and terrible! But, we decided maybe they were having an off day, so we gave them a second try. Wrong! Terrible again! If biscuit is gonna be in your name, please perfect your biscuits!! LOL

We totally missed South of the Border! Probably since we drove through the night. I will make sure to look for it next time! LOL Hilarious!!

Your DS is too cute! I love that smile!!!
Thanks!

Yeah, the biscuit was pretty sad. And my favorite breakfast biscuit is Burger King, so my standards are probably REALLY low to begin with.

South of the Border is definitely a great place to stop and stretch your legs after you've been on the road for awhile. It's just so ridiculous.

Quote:
I forgot to say that I packed the same way you did! I had a suitcase, DH had one, and the kids had one. Not to mention all our misc. stuff I decided we needed to take! lol We didn't wear one of the cold weather outfits I planned!!
I packed two or three jackets for Luke and four for myself. I would have been prepared for anything, including a real blizzard on Main Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Luke is so adorable! Love the pics where he's exploring the AKL room - reminds me of my grandson on our first visit

Your trip sounds so perfect starting off with a relaxing vacation to HH and then your beautiful Savannah view room. The idea of wearing coordinating clothes is so fun - loved your Tinkerbell dress
Thanks!

Picking out our outfits was fun, even though we didn't get to wear half of them. I need to buy Brian some more Disney clothes so he can play along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Signing on! I love that picture of Brian and Luke playing checkers!

You guys always slip in some really funny pictures.
Welcome!

Brian sat Luke down in the chair and walked away and I was like, "OH MY GOD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Haha. But it is a really cute picture, especially since Luke didn't slide out of the chair and fall on his face.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #28
holleypie
Mouseketeer

A Vegetarian and a Carnivore Walk Into the Animal Kingdom

TUESDAY DECEMBER 4TH

On our first full day at Disney World, we took our time in the morning having breakfast and getting ready. We looked around Zawadi Marketplace and I bought myself a new pair of ears with the rest of my birthday gift card.

Then we got in the car and started off on a long journey...

...over to Animal Kingdom.

I LOVED the big Christmas tree out front, and I made Brian go take pictures while I waited in the bag check line.

Not sure where Pooh is!

Next, I took a picture to make sure my ears looked all right.

I love my ears but didn't end up wearing them much because they didn't match my shirt. Ha. I almost bought an animal print shirt at K-Mart before our trip, but I couldn't decide if it was tacky in a fun way or just...tacky.

We walked past a CM who doted on Luke and then asked me if I knew where the baby care center was. I've been there before, but I let her tell me anyway. We ended up passing her again five minutes later and had the exact same conversation, but this time Brian interrupted and told her we'd just talked to her. Now I'm having a memory of her having an alligator or a dinosaur puppet, and she bit Brian with it? Maybe I'm making this up. Actually, I think all of this might have happened on our SECOND Animal Kingdom day. Jump in any time, Brian.

Our destination:

Dinoland.

I'd bought Brian a "Carnivore" dinosaur shirt on our last trip to match my "Vegetarian" dino shirt, but it was the wrong size (not my fault--the hanger said the wrong size!). The receipt said that exchanges and returns were good for thirty days, and it had actually been more like 40, so I decided to just try my luck without the receipt, and not explicitly state that I'd bought the shirt in October.

We found the shirt in the appropriate size. We gave the woman the wrong-sized shirt and asked if we could exchange it. She asked if we had the receipt. We said no. She kind of shrugged. So we took the shirt and left. Easy enough!

(We'd had a dinosaur shirt for Luke to wear too, but it was long sleeves so he wore an animal-themed outfit instead).

For our first ride, we decided to do something we had skipped on our last trip. Well...that could be pretty much anything, because we were only at AK for a few hours on our departure day. Anyway, it was:

Dinosaur!

We got a rider swap pass, and Brian rode while I stayed with Luke. We walked around Dinoland for a bit, and then waited inside the gift shop for Brian.

For some reason, I didn't feel like doing Dinosaur right away. Instead, I had my eye on Primeval Whirl, so Brian waited with Luke while I rode. I was worried that, as a single rider, they might make me ride with strangers. I should not have worried. There was NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON in line. When the ride was over, they even asked me if I wanted to ride again. So I did. I mean, it would have been rude not to.

Brian decided to ride Primeval Whirl when I got off, so I took Luke on TriceraTop Spin. It was not very thrilling for either of us, but there was no line and it WAS more exciting than sitting on a bench!

When we got off TriceraTop Spin, I noticed an interesting character out for meeting and greeting.

IT WAS SANTA GOOFY.

As you probably recall, meeting Santa Goofy was on my birthday list. I had thought he was only at Hollywood Studios during the Osborne Lights, so that's where I had planned to meet him. In reality, Santa Goofy ended up being EVERYWHERE, but I didn't know that yet, so we hopped in line to meet him and Pluto. They took a break when it was nearly our turn, so I think this was actually the longest line we waited in all day.

I took some awful photos of the Christmas tree while we waited because I thought the ornaments were cute.

Then it was our turn. And I forgot to take my silly glasses off. Oops.

It was time for Luke to eat, so I found a bench on a quiet trail and fed him. After I sat down, I realized we were right across from this guy:

So people kept walking up to take pictures and it wasn't such a secluded spot, actually. Oh well.

Afterwards, Luke was quite happy.

I decided to take my turn on Dinosaur. I rode with a bunch of teenage girls and one teen boy. They were adorable. They made the boy sit on the end and one of the girls was like, "I rode this when I was eight, and my parents made me sit on the end, and it was the scariest moment of my life!"

Afterwards the guy was like, "...Yeah, that wasn't scary at all." Haha. It really wasn't. I remember it being scarier the first time I rode it, but I guess I was only scared because I didn't know what to expect.

Meanwhile, Brian and Luke were playing in the Boneyard.

After I met up with them, we unanimously decided it was time for lunch.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #29
holleypie
Mouseketeer

We Conquer Lunch and the Yeti

TUESDAY OCTOBER 4TH (PART 2)

We didn't have to leave Dinoland for lunch because we were going to...

Restaurantosaurus. This was a "new to us" restaurant but I had already scoped it out online and I knew what I wanted to order, and I knew that I wanted to head all the way to the back of the restaurant and eat in the Airstream booth.

I was so insistent on getting the Airstream booth, I left Brian to order and I went to secure it. I don't know why I worried. The place was absolutely empty.

The Airstream trailer was at the back of the basketball court. There were actually two booths, on either side of the jukebox.

I took pictures of the decor while I waited for Brian.

Brian came over a few minutes later...without food. He said that the vegetable sub couldn't come without onions. They told him it was "premade." Ewww. I hate onions, so he stayed with Luke and I went back up to the counter to see what I wanted instead. As it turns out, the vegetable sub was basically my only option, so I ordered it as-is and just picked the onions off.

Here it is:

And Brian ordered the bacon cheeseburger:

Maybe knowing it was "premade" had left me biased, but I was pretty disappointed with the sandwich. The zucchini was really mushy and I had to pull it off.

I gave Restaurantosaurus 2 stars. Brian gave it 2.5. So, I doubt we'll be back anytime soon. The decor was adorable, though! Definitely worth doing once.

After lunch, we were finally ready to head out of Dinoland.

Brian rode Expedition Everest first. We didn't get a rider swap pass because we planned to use the single rider line. Last time we did this, we practically walked on. Today? Not so much. I don't think we quite waited 20 minutes (current wait time for the standby line) but it was pretty close.

While I waited for Brian, I did some pin trading in the shop. I saw an orange bird which I wasn't sure if Brian or Tom needed, but I grabbed it anyway just in case. I also saw an adorable Donald Duck pin. They have this same design in rubber ducky form in the gift shops, and I'd thought about getting it but hadn't. Afterwards Brian informed me that it was part a series, so THEN we had to find the whole series. Oops.

While we're on the subject, here are Brian's pins for the day:

There's that orange bird again. I think that's the one he got in Hilton Head, then he misplaced it, then he found it today. Big Al and the Yeti were part of the Park Starz series. Big Al was the "revealed" pin, and the Yeti was a mystery pin.

After Everest, Brian wanted to do Kali River Rapids. I'm not a fan of water rides, so we didn't get a rider swap pass. Luke was asleep so I hung out in the shade near the Fast Pass distribution.

Does Brian even look wet in this picture? I can't remember.

Since Luke was sleeping and everything else we wanted to do at AK involved him, we decided to go back to the room for a rest break.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #30
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Signing on! I love that picture of Brian and Luke playing checkers!

You guys always slip in some really funny pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
Brian sat Luke down in the chair and walked away and I was like, "OH MY GOD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Haha. But it is a really cute picture, especially since Luke didn't slide out of the chair and fall on his face.
Notice that I am sitting slightly OUT of the chair with my foot planted in a "launch ready" position so I can spring into action of Luke makes a sudden move.

Thanks for stopping by Glenn.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: